Chapter 3

A Jock And A Jerk

“So?” You sassed him. You started to turn, he grabbed your wrist.

“Name?” He asked you as you spun around to face him.

“Gujae.”

*              *              *              *

“Gujae!” Sungjong skipped to you, smiling. You just walked out of your last class of the day, Korean.

“What?” You grumbled.

“Nothing. I want to walk with you.” The walk was quiet, until you two reached the dormitories.

Sungjong turned to you when you reached the girls’ dorms. “We’re here! See you tomorrow!” He smiled. You walked around him, toward the boys’ dorm. “Ya! That’s the boys’ dorms!” He called after you.

“I know!” You yelled back.

“If you know, then why are you going there?” He asked catching up to you.

“My dorm is here.” You replied simply. You looked at Sungjong.

He was obsessively confused. “Your dorm is here?”

“Isn’t that what I said?” You opened the door to the dorms. Letting Sungjong enter first.

“Sungjong!” Someone called after his put one foot inside the building. A girl came running. She had long light brown hair. She caught up. She stopped when she saw you holding the door. She looked at Sungjong with a tearful look. “A-Are you ch-cheating on m-me?”

His eyes got wide. “No! Why would you think that?!”

She pointed at you. “Na?!” she nodded. “Hold up. My dorm is here.”

She looked at you confused.  “Oh~ Because the construction?”

“Yeah.” You replied.

*              *              *              *

“Gujae! Gujae!” Somebody yelled pounding on your door. You got up from your bed, still half asleep, to open the door. A guy, wearing a track suit, was standing at the door. “Anyong! I’m Woohyun, part of the baseball team. I was wondering of you would like to join the team?”

“I wouldn’t pass.” You answered.

“Great! Meet me at the baseball field at… when does your last class end?”

“Four.”

“Then meet me at the baseball field at six.” He looked at his phone in his hand. “I got to go now, see you later!” You closed the door behind him. You looked at the clock above your bed, six, your classes began at seven. You needed your morning run, a shower, and to get all your books together for class. You split all the time, leaving a little bit of time to get to your class. You changed quickly for your run to the faculty apartments  and back. You felt a tap on your shoulder as you left your room. You looked to see who it was. Sungjong.

“Where are you going?”