Chapter 13

A Jock And A Jerk

“So what clubs do you think that you’ll join?” Sungjong asked you. Soojung, Sungjong, and you where looking at the clubs to join. Sungjong was lying horizontally on your bed, you sat at the head of your bed, putting your feet on Sungjong’s back. Soojung was sitting on her bed.

“What about you?” You questioned.

“Glee club.” He said.

“‘Glee’? As in the TV show ‘Glee’?”

“I have no idea what you are talking about.” Sungjong said blankly.

“What is the Glee club about?” You asked calmly.

“The Glee Club is all male choir. This HARIE club seams nice, too.”

“Hairy?” Soojung laughed.

“HARIE. Spelled as h-a-r-i-e. It’s an acronym for ‘Hip-hop Attempts Real Innovative Effects’, it’s a street dance club.” Sungjong informed.

“What clubs are you going to join, Soojung?” You turned to Soojung.

“Yonyoung, it’s a photography club.” She smiled. You returned to your sheet. You picked up a pen from your bedside table to circle clubs you wanted to join. You circled YUAC (Yonsei University Alpine Club), Yonsei Kichun, Yonsei basketball club 057, the Titans, HARIE (Hip-hop Attempts Real Innovative Effects), and the Eagles. You looked at Sungjong, who was now sleeping, you kicked his side, and he instantly woke up. You then looked at Soojung, who was taking selcas. You laughed at them. You grabbed Sungjong’s sheet from the floor. He circled YES (Yonsei English Society), YANYAN, MAY (Midi Association of Yonsei), HARIE, Glee Club, and Avenante. You got up from the bed to look at Soojung’s sheet, which was next to her on the bed, she circled Yonyoung, YANYAN, MAY, and Avenante.

*              *              *              *

You put on your skates. You carefully walked out onto the rink. It was your first day being part of the Titans.

“So, we already to play?” A man with a blue hockey uniform skated out. “Oh, and welcome…”

“Gujae.” You informed.

“Welcome Gujae to the team.” He announced. The rest of the team clapped. “Now, let’s play!” The one man yelled. The team skated out to their positions, you were the red team’s goalie.

*              *              *              *

“You’re really good!” A guy from the red team complemented, he looked a lot like Daeryong. “I’m Soryong.” He introduced himself.

“Do happen to have a twin?” You asked him.

He nodded. “Yes. Why do you ask?”

“Is his name Daeryong?”

“Yes, how do you know?” Soryong asked you. “Did you two date?”

“No, he goes to Seoul National University, which was the school I went to before.”

“Then, why did you come here?”