Chapter 2

A Jock And A Jerk

“Anyong! I’m Myungsoo!” A guy waved when you opened your door.

“Anyonghaseyo. I’m Ab- I’m Gujae.” You replied.

“Gujae? Nice to meet you! I’m in the next room, so ask me anything.” He smiled as he turned his back. You closed the door. There was a sudden yell from outside. You opened the door to see a guy lying on the floor with fake blood on his chest, in front of your door.

You walked over to him and kicked his side. “Get up.” He stayed still. You put you foot on his stomach with so much force to make a reflex happen.

“What th-” he started.

“Do that again, I’ll beat you.” You looked at him.

He laughed. “Beat me? Ha! Like that will happen!” He said sarcastically.

“I’m not afraid.”

“Really? Let’s go then.” He stuck out his hand. “Gawi bawi bo!” At the last second, you put out rock, he put out scissors. “Aish~”

“Like I said, I’m not afraid to beat you.” You turned around, going into your room, shutting the door tightly behind you. You felt furious. You ran over to your suitcase, opened it, you looked for your baseball. You found it at the bottom of your suitcase. You picked it out and ran outside with the baseball in hand. You knocked on Myungsoo’s room door, he answered it.

“Anyong, Gujae!” He waved.

“Do you happen to know where…” You realized that you didn’t know his name. “Never mind.” You spun around heading towards the baseball field. You ran to the corner, you stopped to see if any vehicles were coming your way, that’s when you looked across the street to see that guy from in front of your room, you started his way, but you stopped. You moved your feet shoulder width apart, gripping your fingers along the seams of the ball with your index and middle finger, shifting your weight to your left foot, picking you foot up and bringing your elbow down, touching each other, extending your arm as far as you could, letting go of the ball. It glided through the air, until it hit that guy’s head. “Yes~” You praised yourself. He was glaring at you. You saw that some people were laughing at him. He flushed bright red. You walked towards him.

“You!” He hissed.

You picked up your baseball, which was at his feet. “Like I said, I’m not afraid to beat you.” You were suddenly swarmed by people.

“Daebak!”

“How did you throw that so well?”

“You’re my hero!”

“It hit Sungjong!”

“YA!! SHUT UP!!” You yelled. The crowd became quiet and backed away from you. You headed for the baseball field, like you planed before. You felt someone grab you, you grabbed the hand and twisted the skin as you turned around.

“AHH~!” He screamed. It was the guy.

“Aigoo~ You’re such a babo.”  You said letting go of him. You walked away

“Wait!” He called after you. You turned towards his voice. He ran up to you. “I’m Sungjong.”