Chapter 1

A Jock And A Jerk

“Aigoo~” Your mom sighed.

“Where’s your Aunt Hayeon, Abby?” Your dad asked. You looked around. You spotted her waving her arms furiously.

“See her.” You ran towards her, you greeted her with a hug. “Auntie!”

“Abby! It’s been so~ long!” She hugged back.

You heard a laugh behind you. “Unnie!” Your mom called.

“Gayeon!” your aunt let go of you, and went to hug your mom.

“Aunt Hayeon!” Your little sister, Alice, who was 17, ran over.

“Alice!” Your aunt hugged Alice. She let go and faced your dad. “And lastly, Taewoon  .” She hugged him. “We should get going.”

*              *              *              *

You picked the only room away from the bathroom. You were at your family’s apartment. Hayeon picked the apartment out, while your dad paid for it. You lived near Namsan Tower and the Han River, but you wouldn’t be at home often, you’ll be at the dorms at Seoul University, where you will start in two days. Alice would be starting her first year at high school in three days, it will be your first time not seeing her go to school on her first day of the school year.

You were finishing up unpacking, you only unpacked some clothes and your toiletries. You pick up your favorite baseball out of your suitcase, signed by Justin Verlander of the Detroit Tigers, when he was California, your home state. Even if you lived in California, you were a huge tigers fan.

You threw the ball in to the air, it hit the ceiling with a loud thud. “Abby, is everything alright?” Your mom asked you.

“Yeah. Everything is fine.”  You replied.

*              *              *              *

“Hello! How may I help you?” a woman asked you. You were at the main office at Seoul National University.

“Today’s my first day here.” You replied.

“Name?” She asked looking at her computer.

“Abby Seo.” She started typing.

“Sorry, the named did not appear.”

“Can you try Seo Gujae?” You asked. She typed it in.

“Here you are. You registered under your Korean name.” She bent underneath her desk, giving you a paper. “This is your schedule. Also, are you staying in a dorm?” You nodded. “I’m sorry, but three girls’ dorm buildings are under construction.”

“I don’t mind to be in the guys’ dorms.”

*              *              *              *

You got your room in the guy’s dorm, but you didn’t share a room. You were heading to your room, passing some guys, some looked at you funny, and some checked you out. You found you room. You held the key in your hand, you put the key in the lock and turned the lock. The room contained a bathroom, a bed, a desk, a fridge, and a TV. Even if the bathroom had a urinal, you liked the room. It was perfect for you.