Chapter 8

A Jock And A Jerk

You were lying in your bed, scrolling through your contact list. All the names reminded you of the memories you made with them. You fell upon Calvin’s contact. You pressed his name.

“Hello?” Calvin answered.

“Hey, it’s Abby.” You said into the reviser.

“Abby? Wow~! How are you?” Calvin asked.

“I’m good. You?”

“I’m fine. Oh yeah! I’m visiting Taiwan, and I have a four hour layover in Korea. Would you like to meet?”

“Really? Sure! I’d love to? But, what day?”

“Friday.”

“Okay, Text me more details! I have to go, I’ll see you soon!” You hung up. Your eyes closed. You fell asleep with your phone in your hand.  

*              *              *              *

“Gujae!” Sungjong ran to you. “Track tryouts are later today. You might have to skip your last class.”

You glared at him. “Okay.”

“‘Okay’? You are fine with it?” He questioned you.

“Yes.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes. I love track.”

“Okay. Fighting!” Sungjong said running backwards. You were walking to your first class, you passed by a quiet building, there was yelling. You could recognize the voices.

“Then why are following her everywhere?! You never did with me!!” It was Soojung.

“Well, you would kick me!! Your kick hurts!” Sungjong replied.

“Do you want me or her?!” Soojung yelled back. There was silence. “Answer me!!”

“Her!! I love her!! Unlike you, she’s nice to me!!” Sungjong yelled. You saw his shadow come closer to you, until you saw his face. He was obliviously stunned. “Gujae, what are you doing here?” He asked you.

“So, that’s why.” You murmured.

“What?” He asked you.

“That’s why you were following me.” You looked him in the eyes. “You like me?”

“Uh, well…”

“You should’ve told me. Maybe I would’ve given you a chance.” You walked past him, hitting his shoulder.

“Congrats. Make a lovely couple.” Soojung teased. You turned to her.

“What?!” You yelled. You raised your knee and dug into Soojung’s stomach, you lifted your hand, bringing it to her neck, pressing her pressure point. She fell to the ground. “Don’t do that.” You said sternly.