Early Morning Encounters

A Chance to Change the Past
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: First, I am so, so, so, so SORRY for not updating for so long! College has been a killer.

Anyway, here's the next chapter.

I hope it doesn't seem too long and rambling.

Enjoy! :)

I woke up because of the sun shining brightly on my face. I sat up, yawning.

As was usual for me every morning, I was more than a little bit disoriented. My eyes darted around the room in confusion for a bit, wondering where I was, before the events from last night all flooded back into my head.

I sighed.

So, apparently, it wasn’t all just a dream... Or a nightmare. Or was it a dream? Or should I consider it a nightmare?

I mean, a dream sounds more positive, and since I am meeting DBSK because of this situation, I guess that’s kinda good, right? But if we put into equation that I’m stuck in Japan, about four years past the time I’m really from… Yeah, that might make this into a nightmare.

A low, sleepy grunt from the other bed across made my mulled and sleepy brain think of another reason why this might be considered a nightmare.

I turned my head to look at the person who has so far done nothing but make my situation even more difficult than it already is for me. The moment my eyes landed on Changmin, though, I couldn’t help but stare.

Huh, you wouldn’t think he’s actually  so much of a monster, when you look at him now, I thought as I stared at his peaceful, sleeping face. I was reminded at this moment on why I used to fangirl over this person, reasons that I have forgotten since I first heard him speak to me. You can really see his cute maknae side right now…

Wait, cute?!

I shook my head to clear it of the sluggishness that sleep has apparently caused on it.

“Cute or not, he was still a class-A jerk last night,” I grumbled to myself as I got up from my bed.

I reached into my backpack to grab my hairbrush. No need to unnecessarily weird out the DBSK members with the haystack that I call my hair right now.

After making myself look more like a human, I stepped out of our room. I had just close the door behind me when my nose was immediately assailed by the mouth-watering aroma of breakfast being cooked.

“Hmm,” I murmured, closing my eyes and sniffing some more.

“Smells good, huh?”

Yunho’s voice made me pop my eyes open again. I looked around to see him and Yoochun sitting on the sofa, grinning at me.

“Smells heavenly, more like it,” I said, grinning sheepishly.

“Thank you.” Jaejoong’s voice made me look at the direction of the kitchen. He was standing in front of the stove, frying something.

Junsu, who was setting the table, glanced up and grinned at me. “Get ready, you’re about to have your first experience with Jaejoong hyung’s cooking,” he chuckled.

“Well, I’m excited, then,” I smiled. “Everyone in the fandom knows that Jaejoong oppa’s the best cook among you five.”

“He’s the best cook in South Korea, actually, in my opinion,” Yunho amended, grinning at Jaejoong’s direction.

Jaejoong turned to flash a smile at him.

My Yunjae senses tingled again.

However, before I could even open my mouth to ask or hint something about it, the door of our room suddenly blasted open. The problem with this situation was that since I was entranced by the smell of Jaejoong’s cooking, I haven’t moved yet from my spot right in front of said door.

I gasped in pain as the knob of the door sharply hit my back. To make it even worse, the door slammed on me so hard that I was thrown forward by the impact.

“Ahh!” I cried as I fell down the floor, moving my hands in front of me to break my fall.

“Erin!” Yunho, Jaejoong, Junsu, and Yoochun shouted together in alarm, before they all dashed towards me.

“Are you alright?” Junsu asked worriedly, reaching me first and kneeling on the floor in front of me.

“I’m alive,” I groaned in reply, wincing because of the throbbing pain on my back and the redness and soreness on my hands and knees that were caused by the fall.

“Changmin!” Yunho shouted angrily at the maknae behind me.

After being assured that I wasn’t seriously injured, Junsu and Yoochun helped me up. I turned around to glare hatefully at the jerk through my teary pain-filled eyes.

What I saw on his face made me pause, though. He really looked worried and concerned.

“What the hell do you think were you doing, Changmin?” Jaejoong demanded.

Changmin’s face suddenly became quite smooth and blank again that I wondered if I had just imagined seeing those emotions on his face just a few seconds ago.

“I was just going out of the room, I didn’t mean to hit her!” Changmin scowled in reply to the oldest member. Then, he glared at me. “What were you doing just standing around in front of the door, anyway?”

“Oh, no!” I snapped, massaging the throbbing part on my back. “You don’t get to blame this on me! You just sent me flying through the air!”

“Well, whoever told you to just hang around right in front of a door? It’s a door! It’s going to keep on opening, because people are supposed to pass through it!”

Out of the corner of my eye, I can see Yunho hitting his forehead repeatedly with his fist as Changmin and I got into another argument. I couldn’t be bothered to feel guilty for making Yunho frustrated at the moment, though. Changmin getting into my nerves distracts me from everything else.

“You complete ! Well, whoever told you to open the freaking door so hard?!”

“I always open doors that way!” he said defensively.

“Yeah, right!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter