Allies (Part 1)

A Chance to Change the Past
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: hi guys, here's the next chapter!

Erm, so this is now the longest one I've written so far. It got so long that it was about 40 pages in Microsoft Word when I was writing its draft O___O So yeah, I'm going to divide it into two parts, so as not to overwhelm with so much text in just one chapter. Sorry about that.

It can't really be helped though. We got some new characters showing up in this chapter, and as they're going to help the boys, we need to bring them "up-to-date" with that's been happening.

Everyone, please welcome some of the members of Super Junior: Leeteuk, Heechul, and Kyuhyun! :D

“Who is Yunho oppa talking to on the phone back there?” I asked curiously as I entered the kitchen, carrying MinMin with me.

It was a couple of days after the flowers had arrived. One of the boys’ lawyers had come yesterday morning to pick up the phone to have it examined and to get copies of the recording, which would be presented to court in their next hearing session later in the week. Yunho was still “uncomfortable”, lightly speaking, about having it used as evidence, but s and I have shut down all his protests.

This morning, when I had just come down the stairs, I heard Yunho’s voice coming from the living room, apparently talking to someone on the phone, when I peered in to check. Normally, I would have just let it passed and gone straight to the kitchen without looking in on him, but given that he sounded greatly agitated on the phone, I was now asking his other members about it. Because, call me paranoid, but I don’t want to risk something else going off to bother Yunho and make him feel the need to be self-sacrificial and stay behind in their company again.

“I don’t know,” Jaejoong answered me, looking up from the pot of porridge that he was stirring. “He was here with us a while ago before he suddenly just stood up and announced that he had to make a phone call.”

“Ohh…” I said with a frowning, sitting down beside Junsu and putting MinMin on the table.

“Do you have to bring that infernal thing with you everywhere?” Changmin snarled at me by way of a morning “greeting”. For the past two days since he’s bought me the giraffe, I’ve practically been inseparable from it, and it’s been annoying the hell out of the maknae.

“Yes, of course, ugly,” I said simply, barely sparing him a glance. I had also taken to calling Changmin ‘ugly’ for the past two days. Yep, I'm awesome that way.

Changmin let out growl of complete frustration. “I already told you to stop calling me that!”

I just ignored him. That’s what he gets for picking on MinMin in the first place. Hmph.

“Anyway,” Yoochun said in a loud carrying voice, impeding any further arguments between me and the maknae. “Why were you asking about Yunho hyung’s phone call, anyway?”

“Oh, yeah,” I said, successfully distracted from my annoyance with Changmin. “Nothing, really… it’s just that… well, when I came down I heard him talking and he sounded… he sounded a bit… stressed?”

“…what do you mean ‘stressed’?” Yoochun said slowly, about to take a sip of coffee but pausing his cup in midair instead to look at me.

“I dunno… he just sounded so… agitated? Tensed?... maybe I’m just thinking too much,” I admitted.

“Maybe you are,” Yoochun allowed. “But that you have good reason to be. We’re all still trying to recover from how hyung had been so unpredictable before.”

“I can’t blame him for being so out of it before, though,” Junsu sighed sadly. “Knowing now all those horrible things that Lee Soo Man said to him… if I was in Yunho hyung’s shoes, I’d have reacted a lot worse than that…”

“Let’s just be thankful then that Yunho hyung is strong and that we’ve managed to knock some sense into him.”

“Not to mention that Jaejooong hyung still has him so whipped,” Changmin added, smirking. “I mean, can you just imagine what a great loss it would be for our side if he hadn’t ‘convinced’ Yunho hyung to use that recording as evidence?”

“Oh, you haven’t seen yet how Yunho and I handle ‘whipping’,” Jaejoong smirked.

Changmin, Yoochun, Junsu, and I all blanched, very much unwanted images suddenly running wild in our minds.

Jaejoong laughed loudly. “Kidding,” he snickered.

“Really?” Yoochun said doubtfully.

“Well, no, not really,” Jaejoong admitted sheepishly. “But let’s just pretend that I really am.”

“Well, you won’t hear me complaining about that,” Junsu grimaced.

“I don’t know, I don’t think I can just ‘pretend’ and delude myself, given what I’ve heard,” I muttered, still wincing.

“What have you heard?” Yunho asked me as he came in the kitchen.

“Nothing, we’ve just been disturbed out of our minds after hearing about your ual escapades,” Changmin said distastefully.

Yunho turned bright red. “J-jae!” he stuttered, trying to sound angry, but he was too flustered to succeed.

“They’ve seen and heard more than enough throughout the years to not have any idea about what we get up to in bed,” Jaejoong shrugged as he gave the pot a final stir and turned off the stove.

“I haven’t,” I protested. “And I’d rather not have heard anything about it just now, too!”

“You’re a Yunjae fan. You need to take some of the burden. If we have to put up with it, so do you,” Yoochun told me. I grimaced at him.

“Anyway…” Yunho began as he sat down while Jaejoong started serving breakfast. “I have something to tell you guys.”

That got all of our attention at once. Even Changmin, who had already began shoveling food into his mouth (Jaejoong always serves him first; it was easier that way than to handle an impatient, hungry maknae).

“What’s wrong?” Yoochun asked, immediately becoming serious again.

“Nothing, nothing,” Yunho hurried to reassure us after seeing how worried and tensed his words had made us.

“Here you go with ‘nothing’ again,” Changmin grumbled.

Yunho rolled his eyes. “I’m never going to live that down, am I?” he muttered.

“Never,” we all replied promptly.

That had Yunho rolling his eyes again. “It’s really nothing!” he insisted. “Well, nothing bad, at least. I’ve just been on the phone with Leeteuk hyung, and he’s stopping by here around lunch time today.”

“Oh,” s all said blankly.

“Leeteuk? As in the leader of Super Junior?” I meanwhile asked.

“That’s the one.”

“But I thought the members of Super Junior were ordered not to have anything to do with you guys?”

Yunho stared at me for a while. “…how do you know that?”

As I met his, Jaejoong’s, Yoochun’s, and Junsu’s curious gazes, I remembered that I wasn’t really supposed to know how their fellow idols were also given instructions to stay away from them; they’d been trying to keep the heaviness of their current situation in their company away from my knowledge.

“Erm… uhm…” I stuttered, remembering that night when I pried the truth from the maknae.

Meanwhile, the maknae in question began to eat again, keeping his eyes on his plate and avoiding eye contact with his hyungs. Unfortunately, that just attracted Yoochun’s attention towards him.

“You told her, didn’t you?” Yoochun frowned disapprovingly at Changmin.

“She forced it out of me!” Changmin immediately defended himself, all previous pretense of feigning innocence dropped.

“I did what?!” I shouted indignantly. “Hey, I did no such thing!”

“You can’t resist giving her anything that she asks you for, can you?” Yoochun muttered quietly, more to himself than to Changmin. Changmin heard him, though, and he glared at his hyung.

I also didn’t think that Yoochun meant for me to hear it, but I heard it, too, anyway, and I gave him a confused, questioning look. What was that supposed to mean?  Changmin can’t resist me? That wasn't true, was it? How could it be true? Why would it be true?

“She made me say it! I couldn’t do anything about it!” Changmin insisted again, distracting me from my confused thoughts about Yoochun’s statement.

“Yes, I’m sure she managed to bully it out of you, probably even physically abused you to do it. Why not, right? Someone practically a foot smaller than you could easily force it out of you,” Yunho humored their maknae dryly.

“She has her evil ways.”

“Evil ways!” I scoffed. “All I did was beg you with puppy-dog eyes. I think that hardly counts as ‘evil’.”

“Puppy-dog eyes?” Yoochun repeated, his eyes twinkling with amusement and mischief. “God, you are growing soft, Changmin-ah!”

Changmin’s hyungs all snickered while he glared at me, Yoochun, his other hyungs… you know what, he just glared at everything in general.

“So, why is Leeteuk hyung coming here, anyway?” Jaejoong asked Yunho when the laughter had subsided.

“Well, first, I called him, meaning to ask for an update on what’s going on in the company,” Yunho explained. “But he wasn’t really comfortable talking to me on the phone; he was in the SM building when I had called, because he had to meet with their manager for a while, even if it’s their day off.”

“Of course he had to,” Yoochun muttered bitterly, his mind no doubt going again into how SM idols were at the beck and call of their company, even if it's on their “day offs”.

“Yoochun-ah,” Yunho sighed wearily.

“Sorry, sorry. It’s just that every reminder of their ‘brilliant’ work ethics makes we want to barf every time. Or hit something,” Yoochun said quietly.

“You mean ‘someone’,” Junsu rolled his eyes, pointing out Yoochun’s ‘incident’ with their manager before. That managed to get a weak smile from Yoochun, at least.

“Anyway, I’ve managed to convince him to drop by here instead. It was no easy feat, though, I’m telling you,” Yunho shook his head, probably remembering how their conversation went.

So, I guess that’s why he sounded so stressed out before.

“Did you honestly expect anything else, oppa?” I asked bewilderedly. “Of course he’s gonna be reluctant about coming here. Super Junior is supposed to keep their distance from you. As their leader, he wouldn’t want it to be he himself who’ll bring SM’s wrath down to his group, right?”

“Yes, but we need inside information on what’s happening in SM. Super Junior’s the best shot we’ve got since they're also quite influential and well-connected in the industry, given that they’ve been in it as long as we have.”

“Inside information on what’s happening in SM? What do you mean, oppa?”

“Well, I’ve been thinking about it for some time already, actually. Even before our president ‘talked’ to me, which practically drove it out of my mind. But now that that’s out of the way… well, we don’t really know anything that’s happening in the company, as SM’s so intent on keeping us isolated from the people we work with. And that’s bad. Because we need insider information.”

“But what do you expect Super Junior to be able to do for us with that? They may be one of the most influential groups, yes; they are Super Junior, after all. But they don’t really get into those goddamn board meetings where that devil and all his equally evil board member minions plot against us and the lawsuit. No idol or staff gets into those things beside themselves,” Jaejoong pointed out.

“Yes, I know that, but they can be our ears when it comes to the staff and other employees. And that’s also important because it’s those people who’ll be handling and doing the orders that comes from the higher ranks. They can keep their ears open for anything. Or even charm the information out of the employees,” Yunho said, smirking a bit and shaking his head at the end.

“Yeah, you could get that Siwon guy to do that, then. He’d be perfect for it,” I blurted out without thinking.

They all turned to ogle at me.

“What is that supposed to mean?” Changmin spluttered out, his face red and his eyes furious.

I gave him a puzzled look. “Isn’t Siwon that Super Junior member that everybody’s supposed to have a thing for? Well, he can easily work information out of unsuspecting, fangirling members of the staff, then, right?”

“When you say ‘everybody’s supposed to have a thing for’, does that include you?” Yoochun asked me, totally going off-topic. His eyes were fixed on Changmin, waiting for his reaction. Changmin turned redder and his eyes narrowed even more.

Erm, what?

“Uh, no. I don’t even know what Siwon looks like, to be honest. It’s just that one of my friends in my time is a fan of theirs and that’s how she always describes what he’s like?” I said tentatively, confused by their reactions.

“Anyway, you do make a good point, Yunnie. So, I hope that Super Junior does agree to helping us out,” Jaejoong said quickly to change the subject away from dangerous waters, his eyes on the red-faced Changmin.

It didn’t really help, though.

“She thinks Siwon is so capable of ‘charming’ people... Well, I can be a hell lot more charming than he is, for her information… Why didn’t she just appear to be with Super Junior when she came back to the past, then, if she thinks he’s so ing fantastic…” Changmin was muttering darkly in Korean.

I gave him a confused look, both because I couldn’t understand what exactly he was saying and why he reacting so badly. What did I say wrong this time?

Junsu rolled his eyes at his younger member, before helping Jaejoong change the topic. “What are you making for lunch, then, Jaejoong hyung? You better make it plenty, because we’re going to be feeding Super Junior and Changmin.”

Changmin didn’t even notice the jibe on him being a food monster and just continued to mutter darkly in Korean under his breath.

“We’re not going to be feeding Super Junior. It’s just Leeteuk hyung that’s coming, remember?” Yoochun corrected Junsu. “And I suppose that’s a good thing, too. They are supposed to be staying away from us; it would be harder to sneak all of Super Junior here than if it’s just Leeteuk hyung.”

“Yeah, that’s why I did ask that he came by himself. It would make things easier for all of us, and it's much, much safer for them,” Yunho agreed.

Jaejoong scoffed. “No, I think I better make more than the usual amount for lunch. It’s true that it won’t be the whole Super Junior that would be coming, but I’m positive Heechul and that evil little Kyuhyun will be showing up here with Leeteuk hyung. There’s no way those two are going to be left behind and continue staying away from us when they find out that their leader himself is going to meet us...”

“Somebody get the door,” Jaejoong called from the kitchen where he was putting a huge pan of lasagna into the oven as someone knocked on the front door.

“Alright, remember to stick with the usual story. Erin’s our personal assistant, okay?” Yunho reminded us as he left the living room to meet our ‘guests’. We gave our affirmatives.

“Well, if it isn’t the -god himself, U-Know Yunho! It’s been a long time! Are you sure you still don’t want to ditch your prissy girlfriend for moi?” I heard someone from the door say loudly.

“I can hear you, you know! I’m a man, you idiot! And I’m not prissy! So, stay away from my man!” I then heard Jaejoong yelling from the kitchen.

“It’s just Heechul hyung being his usual self,” Junsu said, shaking his head, when I looked questioningly at him.

“And Jaejoong hyung’s usual reaction to him,” Yoochun added, chuckling.

A moment later and Yunho came back, leading the three members of Super Junior. I squirmed nervously in my seat between Yoochun and Junsu. They both looked at me and gave me reassuring smiles.

“And who’s this?” Heechul asked curiously, spotting me.

“Oh, this is Erin,” Yunho introduced me, beckoning me to come forward. “She’s our personal assistant.”

“I didn’t know you had one,” Leeteuk said, giving Yunho an odd look.

“Um, she’s fairly new. And then, uh, all that drama happened, so you haven’t gotten a chance to meet her yet,” Yunho hastened to “explain”.

“Why are you speaking in English, hyung?” Kyuhyun asked, looking confused.

“She doesn’t speak Korean,” Yunho explained, putting an arm around my shoulders as I came to stand next to him.

“Is that so? Great, I can practice my English, then!” Heechul said excitedly, grinning at me.

“Yes, it’s a good thing, because we all know you need a goddamn lot of practice,” Jaejoong drawled as he joined us. “Though I’m not sure if you’re still within the reach of any help at all.”

“Oh, yes, because your English is so perfect!” Heechul retorted.

“Well, it’s much better than yours, at least,” Jaejoong answered back.

“Jae,” Yunho reprimanded lightly while Leeteuk said sharply, “Knock it off, Heechul. Don’t go scaring off their personal assistant; remember, not everyone’s used to you and Jaejoong bickering so much.”

Heechul rolled his eyes, but turned to smile at me. “My apologies. We really are best friends, even if we tend to ‘catfight’ a lot. It’s where we get our fun. It makes life so much interesting, don't you think?” Heechul smirked. Jaejoong let out of huff of breath, but didn’t contradict him.

I grinned at him. “Nice to meet you, Heechul oppa.”

“Oppa? I think you mean ‘Heechul unnie’,” Changmin snickered from his place on an armchair.

Heechul made a face at him.

“Well, if I have to call him ‘unnie’, I should be calling you ‘Changmin unnie’ as well. It’s a hell lot more appropriate for you than it is for him,” I snapped at the maknae, smirking as I waited for his reaction, which I knew would be intense.

He didn’t disappoint.

“WHAT?!” Changmin exploded, standing up from his seat so suddenly as if he’d been struck by lightning.

Everyone was staring disbelievingly at me, especially the Super Junior members who didn’t know how normally “interacted” with Changmin. But then, Heechul suddenly cackled with laughter and everyone ended up laughing as well.

Except for Changmin, of course. He, on the other hand, was glowering at me.

“First you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter