Talk About Awkward

A Chance to Change the Past
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi, everyone!

First, let me clarify, I said my "little suprise" will be "in a few chapters". It's not yet this one. In fact, after this, we have 3 more chapters before we get to that. XD

And, wow, you all really want Changmin's PoV, don't you? Is it because you all happened to be Changmin biased, or you're all just curious about what's going on in his mind in this story? :P lol :))

Anyway, here's the next chapter!

The sunlight was already shining brightly into the first room when I opened my eyes, indicating that I had apparently overslept.

Remembering the events from yesterday, I sighed wearily and got out of Jaejoong’s bed.

I was glad that he had let me sleep in his bed; the thought of sleeping in the other bed, after I had found out about the intimate moments that have occurred there, was not an idea that I would have welcomed.

As I made to open the bedroom door, a sudden rush of dread flooded through me. I was nervous about opening the door, silly as it might be, and seeing what might be waiting for me when I step outside. I dread to think of what kind of scene the boys had in store for me to wake up to.

The things between them can’t be so hot right now, not after what they had found out and how they had initially reacted to it.

Ah well, here’s to another long and emotionally tiring day, I thought to myself, opening the door and stepping out into the main suite.

The sight waiting for me was worse than what I had expected.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?!” I shouted loudly, making the five boys jump in surprise.

“What are you talking about?” Yoochun asked, massaging his chest and trying to calm his heart down from the shock that I had given him.

“That!” I said, pointing at them.

Jaejoong, Yoochun, and Junsu were sitting side by side on the sofa, and they had been talking quietly among themselves when I walked in. Yunho and Changmin, on the other hand, were sitting together at the dining table, completely silent.

Call me paranoid, but seeing how they already grouped themselves into the duo and JYJ right now is so not helping with my stress levels.

I guess it’s only to be expected that they’d feel awkward with the other party after what transpired yesterday, but, oh god, really?!

“We’re not doing anything,” Junsu protested, giving me a weirded out look.

So, apparently, they haven’t even consciously realized that they were already grouping themselves.

Even better.

Note the sarcasm in my voice there.

I facepalmed myself. And it wasn’t even a mental facepalm. It was an actual and literal facepalm that I had given myself this time, making the boys stare at me even more.

“Are you alright?” Yunho muttered, looking at me in concern, his voice very rough and gruff.

“Shouldn’t I be the one asking you that?” I said, throwing back the words he had said to me the other night as I turned to look at him.

My eyes widened as I took in his appearance. “Oppa, what the hell happened to you?!”

I looked at each of the boys in turn to survey their appearance. Judging from the tired looks on their faces, the slouching way they carried themselves, and the dark shadows under their eyes, I’ll take a wild guess and say that none of them slept a wink last night.

However, Yunho looked worse than the four other members combined. His hair was tousled and had lots of cowlicks. His eyes were very red and bloodshot. Not to mention that he looked pale as a ghost.

“You look like hell, oppa. Well, don’t get me wrong, all five of you looked as though you’ve just been mobbed and harassed-“ they all grimaced at me “but God, Yunho oppa! You look like- you look like…” I trailed off, unable to find the appropriate words to describe the mess that I was looking at right now, a.k.a. Jung Yunho.

“Can you expect anything else?” Changmin muttered, shooting a disapproving look at Yunho before turning to me. “He woke the hell out of me when he staggered into the room at around four o’clock this morning! He was completely zonked and reeking of alcohool!”

Jaejoong’s face quickly turned to Yunho in shock, hurt, and concern, but Yunho was looking down at his hands. I guess Jaejoong just found out now how his lover had spent the night.

“You went and got yourself drunk last night?!” I all but shrieked.

“I needed the alcohol. After what happened yesterday, can you blame?” the leader deadpanned.

I just stared at him in disbelief. His other members all winced, though, seemingly understanding and knowing what he’s talking about.

I frowned at Yunho, my hands on my hips. “Oppa, drinking really won't make all our problems right now go away!”

I mean, how are we supposed to talk about things now, calmy and rationally most preferably, when the leader himself is hung over?

“No, but it sure made me feel better for a while, though,” Yunho muttered so quietly that I wasn’t sure if I was even meant to hear it in the first place. Either way, I heard him, anyway.

I growled at him, giving him my fiercest, most disapproving, and most piercing glare.

Yunho winced and shifted away from my glare. “I don’t know how you can stand her growls and glares,” he muttered to Changmin, his eyes darting towards the maknae.

Changmin just snorted as I growled at the leader again.

“Do you want to eat, Erin?” Junsu asked, trying to break the tension. I had to hand it to him for trying, with everything so tensed and awkward right now. “Jaejoong made some breakfast a couple of hours ago, but we were all… well, we didn’t really feel like eating. So, there’s lots of food if you’re hungry now?”

I frowned at him. Actually, I frowned at all of them.

“None of you have eaten breakfast yet?”

I glanced at the wall clock in the living room area. It was already almost 10 a.m.

They all shook their heads slowly, not looking at each other in the eye.

Or should I say that they were careful not look at the members from the other side in the eye.

God, this won’t do at all.

“Right,” I said grimly. “Right.”

I walked over to the table, beckoning Jaejoong, Yoochun, and Junsu to follow me. They just hesitated, glancing at each other. Yunho and Changmin looked warily at me.

“What are you planning?” Junsu asked nervously.

I raised an eyebrow. “Nothing.”

All five of them raised their eyebrows at me.

“Nothing!” I repeated, rolling my eyes in exasperation. “We’re just all eating breakfast. Together,” I added firmly.

Their eyes widened.

Apparently, it was something for them

God, did they turn into drama queens during the night or what?

“Move!” I ordered the three after I had finished setting the table and noticed that they were still sitting on the sofa. Jaejoong, Yoochun, and Junsu got to their feet and walked uncertainly towards the table, towards where Yunho and Changmin were sitting.

“Move over,” I told Changmin, who was sitting on my usual seat beside Yunho.

“I wanna sit here today,” he argued, shaking his head quickly.

I raised an eyebrow at him, knowing what this was about.

“Move,” I hissed again.

Changmin went back to his chair and, sure enough, squirmed uncomfortably as Yoochun and Junsu slowly took their seats on either side of him.

Oh God, why did everything have to be so awkward now?

Jaejoong had been taking the food from the counter and placing them on the table. Now that he’d finished, he was hovering uncertainly behind his chair, glancing warily and sadly at Yunho who was right beside his seat. The said leader was just determinedly keeping his eyes fixed on his plate.

Talk about adding more to the awkwardness, I sighed to myself, my heart aching in sympathy for the Yunjae couple right now.

“Just sit down, oppa,” I told Jaejoong quietly.

Jaejoong followed my order with the speed of a turtle.

I noticed how he tried to discretely move his chair a bit more towards Yoochun as he sat down, making me frown.

Everyone served themselves and started eating without saying a word the whole time. Or should I say ‘everyone served themselves and just played with their food on their plates’ instead? Because that seemed like a more accurate description of what they were doing now.

I glanced at Changmin to see that he had been attacking and meshing his eggs so much that Jaejoong might as well have made them scrambled instead of sunny side-up. It was so far from how h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter