Peace

A Chance to Change the Past
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi, all! :)

First, I am so, so, so SORRY for not updating last weekend. If you'd read the update in my status in my profile and the message I'd left on the story feed, I was too buried in school work last weekend to write the next chapter.

So, again, I apologize.

Anyway, here's the next chapter. It's a short and fluffy, light-hearted chapter for a change :)

This goddamn window!, I cursed in my head, my eyes still shut tight.

I mean, sure, it’s pretty to look out at night. Heck, even at day. But how are you even supposed to sleep in the early morning with the sunlight flooding right into your face?!

I rolled over with my back to window, trying to get back to sleep. It was no use, though; even with my eyes shut tight and with me facing away from the light, the room was still too bright.

I groaned lowly in defeat and slowly opened my eyes.

When I saw the sight waiting for me, I had to blink quickly a few times to make sure I wasn’t hallucinating-

Changmin was sitting on the floor beside my bed, leaning against the bedside table, his legs folded up to his chest with his arms wrapped around them. He was just staring blankly at his knees.

What. The. Bloody. Hell?!

After a few seconds, he seemed to have sensed that he was being stared at, and he turned his head towards my direction.

“Can’t sleep anymore?” Changmin asked when he saw that I was already awake, smirking a bit at me, some weird emotion glinting in his eyes again.

“Uhm, no,” I managed to articulate, wondering what the hell he was up to.

I sat up, still staring at him. “Er, this might sound like a weird question, but what the hell are you doing down there?”

“I couldn’t sleep,” he answered simply.

“So, you thought you’d just spend the night on the floor beside my bed instead?” I demanded incredulously, quite bewildered by his actions.

He just shrugged and looked away.

I was flummoxed.

Well, as long as he isn’t planning some prank on me or something, I suppose, I thought wryly.

Then, I frowned as my mind registered the reason that led to him thinking that it was a good idea to spend the night on the floor beside my bed in the first place.

“You couldn’t sleep?”

He just shrugged again. “I had a lot to think about.”

“I hope that includes you thinking about how you shouldn’t lash out on your three hyungs, at least?” I raised an eyebrow as I looked down at him.

“Yeah, I suppose you could say that my hyungs and our situation crossed my mind a bit last night,” Changmin murmured in reply, his eyes looking away, seemingly distracted by some thought in his mind.

“Just a bit?” I frowned in confusion. “Well, what else could you have been thinking about last night?”

He turned his face upwards towards me and he just stared into my eyes for a few seconds.

“Nothing, I was just reflecting on some stuff,” he said quietly after a while.

Okay…?!

Reflecting. Yeah. Right.

I just shrugged it off as another one of the maknae’s eccentricities and yawned widely.

“Well, I suppose we better get moving. I’m sure your hyungs are anxious to see you, seeing how much you worried them yesterday,” I mumbled, getting out the bed and grabbing some clothes and toiletries from the dresser.

Changmin just nodded mutely, looking back down at his knees.

“What?” I frowned at him, pausing halfway from pulling one of the shirts Jaejoong bought for me out of a drawer.

“I don’t really know how to face them,” he muttered.

“What do you mean?”

“My anger’s faded… well, most of it anyway. But… are they mad at me? You know… for yesterday?”

I could feel the anxiety rolling off his form in waves.

I dropped my stuff into the drawer again and went over to stand right in front of where he was still seated down on the floor.

“Changmin, they’re not mad at you-“ I began, but stopped when he looked up at me with skeptical, raised eyebrows.

“Well, alright, Jaejoong oppa and Yoochun oppa were more than a bit frustrated with how you kept taking out your anger on them yesterday,” I admitted sheepishly. Then, I crouched down and looked at him straight in the eyes. “But they’re not really mad at you. Hurting like hell over the situation and how you’ve been acting towards them, yes. But they’re not mad at you… You know what? Actually, I don’t think any of your hyungs can ever be truly mad at you. You’re their beloved maknae, after all,” I finished as an afterthought, smiling a bit at Changmin.

“Alright,” he sighed in resignation. “Let's go get ready. I’ll go out with you to meet them, then… oh, and you can use the bathroom first if you want.”

I raised my eyebrows in surprise so high that they almost disappeared under my hairline.

Well, that’s totally different from the jerk I’ve had to be around for the last few days.

Why is he being so nice now?, I thought to myself in confusion.

Then, I suddenly remembered how nice he was to me last night before I fell asleep. And that sensation on my forehead right before I lost consciousness that felt as though he had-

But, no! He couldn’t have… Could he?

“Changmin,” I suddenly stuttered out so abruptly that he looked up at me questioningly immediately. “L-last n-night… did you… did you…?”

“Did I what?” he asked. His face was blank, but there was something there in his eyes that I couldn’t quite place…

Then, I just shook my head.

No, I was being stupid.

There’s no way that he would have kissed my forehead last night before I felt asleep, right? I mean, why the bloody hell would he even do that, right?

I must have been so knackered last night that my imagination went that wild…

“Nothing,” I mumbled, grabbing my stuff again and going inside the bathroom.

When I stepped out of the bathroom freshly showered and feeling human again, I noticed with a frown that Changmin still hadn’t moved from his spot on the floor beside my bed.

“What, did you get your glued there or something?” I asked him. “ls that why you’re still down there?”

“Hilarious,” he muttered to me, quickly standing up. “See? I’m standing up right now. No glue on my , as you can very well see…” he rolled his eyes as he gathered some clothes and a towel.

Huh, did he just humor me?

That’s a first.

Normally, he would have just snapped at me. Or snarled at me, more likely.

“Wait for me before going out, will you?” he said as he opened the bathroom door.

“Why?” I asked, bewildered.

He just shrugged awkwardly, but I immediately got what was bothering him.

Huh, so, now he’s all shy about going out to face the hyungs that he had been yelling at yesterday? So much for that hot-tempered Changmin that we’ve been seeing for the last couple of days. Now I’m finally seeing his true maknae side.

I smirked a bit as I said quietly to myself, “Such a baby…”

Changmin scowled at me, telling me that my mutter hadn’t been as quiet as I would have liked.

Oops…

“What did you say?” he demanded.

“Nothing,” I said, putting on an innocent expression on my face.

He narrowed his eyebrows at me a bit more, but in the end just let out a heavy sigh.

“Whatever,” he mumbled, shaking his head and smiling a bit.

Wait... what?!

Smiling a bit?!

He shut the bathroom door behind, leaving me to stare after him in a very much confused haze.

Seriously, what the hell has gotten into him? Normally, we would have been snapping at each other’s necks by now. Why isn’t he fighting with me anymore?

Call me crazy, but I somewhat miss those interactions with him…

Not that I didn’t like this nice, a bit childish, and very much sweet side of his that he was finally letting me see…

I plopped back down onto my bed to wait for the maknae that was now confusing my head and my feelings more than ever.

“Alright, I’m done.”

Changmin’s voice brought me out of my racing thoughts and made my head turn towards the direction of the bathroom.

My eyes went wide as I saw how he looked.

Changmin was wearing jeans that were slung low on his hips, toweling his hair dry with a white fluffy towel with his right hand while his left hand was clutching his shirt. My eyes widened even more as my brain processed that piece of information.

He was still holding his shirt…

Heat filled my cheeks as I realized that Changmin’s torso was bare.

Chest.

Abs.

That ‘v’ on his hips.

Oh, sweet baby Jesus…

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter