Final Preparations

A Chance to Change the Past
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: hi, everyone!

okay, first of all, I owe you guys another apology. I know I promised things would get done faster that I'm on vacation, and yet here I am, taking two weeks again to post an update. I'm sorry. It's just that we had a holiday here in my country. And then I attended a Cassie event last weekend. So yeah, I wasn't able to update. Sorry.

Anyway, here's the next chapter!

I woke up because of the giggling and muffled laughter, though I kept my eyes shut tight.

‘What are these idiots doing in my room?’ I thought with a frown.

I tried to bury my head further into my pillow. It was a lot harder than I remembered.

How odd.

I frowned even more.

And the giggles and laughter got louder.

“Shut up. Don’t wake them up,” I heard Yunho try to say sternly, but it sounded like he too was trying to hold back a smile from his face.

‘What is so amusing? And what the hell are they doing in my room?’

I slowly opened my eyes.

This wasn’t my room.

My eyes really snapped open and I sat upright. I was still down in the kitchen, which was now bathed by the morning sunlight flooding from the windows at wall above the sink.

“What am I doing here?” I asked loudly, confused. My mind was still foggy from sleep and my back was hurting like a from sitting on the chair all night while leaning forward to sleep on top of the table.

“Shouldn’t we be the one asking you that?” Junsu stuffed his fist in his mouth to stop himself from giggling so much. Yunho and Jaejoong were standing beside him, looking as equally amused.

There were some annoyed, incoherent grumblings in front of me, and my eyes snapped to Yoochun’s still sleeping form.

‘Oh, right!’ I thought, as memories from last night finally came back to me.

“Yoochun oppa and I must have fallen asleep here last night while we were talking,” I told the three.

“Yes, we’ve guessed as much,” Jaejoong chortled a bit as he moved away to start cooking breakfast.

“You two must have been really tired if you didn’t make it back to your beds at all,” Yunho commented.

“I suppose so. I don’t really remember when we fell asleep. We were talking really late into the night…”

“Oi, Chunnie!” Junsu said as he began to prod Yoochun awake. Yoochun grumbled some more and tried to wave Junsu away.

“Go ‘way, Su. ‘M sleeping…”

“Yoochun, if you stay in that position any longer, you’re going to have a hell of a time in our rehearsals this afternoon,” Jaejoong warned his soulmate as he took the ingredients that Yunho was handing to him from the cupboard.

Yoochun’s only response to this was to snore loudly.

“Charming,” Yunho said dryly.

“CHUNNIE!” Junsu squealed right into Yoochun’s ear.

Yoochun jumped awake in surprise with a yelp and fell off his chair.

“Oops.”

“What the hell, duckbutt?” Yoochun said angrily as he picked himself up from the floor. “What’s the big idea?”

“Sorry, but Jaejoong hyung did say your body was going to end up hurting if you slept longer in that position.”

“Yeah, my back’s aching like a ,” I complained. “Sleeping on the table’s horrible.”

“It is,” Jaejoong agreed absentmindedly as he the stove. “Especially when you’re lying on your back on it. Though, to be fair, I wasn’t 'sleeping' then…”

We all stared at him for a second.

“Boo!” Yunho protested, turning quite red in the face.

Jaejoong looked confused for a second, then he realized what he had said. “Sorry,” he said sheepishly. But he rolled his eyes when Yoochun and I quickly jumped up from our seats and moved away from the table.

“Not that table, you idiots! I was talking about our dining table in our old SM dorm...”

“Oh…” I said, relieved, going back to my seat. Yoochun and Junsu blanched, though.

“Hyung, we ate there!” Junsu grimaced.

“Changmin will murder you for desecrating his beloved kitchen that much, you know that, right?” Yoochun told Yunho and Jaejoong.

“He will kill you more for sleeping in the kitchen with Erin, though,” Jaejoong said evenly, not even bothering to look up at Yoochun from his cooking.

“Ugh!” Yoochun now groaned. “Do me a favor, guys, and don’t tell Changmin, okay?”

“What’s wrong with that?” I asked, confused. “I mean, it’s not like we totally emptied the place from food while we were here last night.”

“You’re completely missing the point,” Junsu rolled his eyes at me. “The point is-“

He broke off abruptly as we heard loud stomping in the hallway, and a few seconds later, the maknae joined us in the kitchen.

“’Morning,” Changmin grunted, his eyes still half-closed. Then, he glanced towards the table and his eyes widened a bit as he took in Yoochun’s and my appearances. He said, frowning, “Why are you two still in your bed clothes?”

Before Yoochun or I could even open our mouths to reply, Junsu already beat us to the punch.

“Yoochun slept with Erin in here last night. We found them still sleeping on the table this morning,” Junsu said in a very suggestive tone that I couldn’t understand, throwing an evil smirk at Yoochun.

Yoochun looked like he couldn’t decide which he would rather do first- kill Junsu or start running away in fear for his life.

Changmin started choking on air. “WHAT?!” he shouted loudly, his eyes getting impossibly big.

“It’s not like that Min-“ Yoochun tried to say, while shooting angry looks at Junsu, Yunho, and Jaejoong. The latter two seemed to be having too much fun at his expense for his taste.

“What do you mean, Yoochun hyung slept with her?” Changmin demanded at Junsu, though he was looking wildly between Yoochun and me.

‘Not this again,’ I groaned in my thoughts. It was too early for this again!

Whatever this was.

“That Erin and I were talking here last night and we got too tired and fell asleep on the table and we were in separate chairs when we fell asleep and we weren’t touching at all and-“ Yoochun talked so quickly that I’m impressed that Changmin was able to understand him at all.

Well, it seemed like Changmin understood him because he was now glaring at Junsu instead.

“Relax, Changmin-ah,” Jaejoong smiled. “Junsu was just pulling your leg.”

“I wasn’t. I was just trying to get Yoochun killed by Changmin,” Junsu said honestly with a cheeky grin.

“Thanks, Su. What a great friend you are,” Yoochun said sarcastically.

“Alright, alright. Everybody calm down,” Yunho said firmly, pushing Changmin down onto his seat and starting to bring the food on the table.

“So, Erin, Yoochun. What were you two talking about so late into last night, anyway?” Jaejoong asked curiously as we began to eat.

Yoochun and I stopped eating and glanced up at each other.

“Just… stuff,” I mumbled quietly, before quickly going back to my food.

“That doesn’t sound ominous at all,” Yunho remarked wryly, raising a questioning eyebrow at me.

“What kind of stuff?” Jaejoong pressed.

“Lawsuit stuff,” Yoochun said flatly, before also looking down and starting to eat again.

“Oh.”

That effectively had the atmosphere serious again. We ate in silence for a while.

“That reminds me,” I said after a while, clearing my throat a bit. “I’ve been meaning to ask you, oppas. How much work do you still have to do between now and your final hearing session?”

“Not that much,” Yunho answered. “We have a few rehearsals this week for some appearances under SM that we still have. And some photoshoot sessions.”

“Why do you ask?” Yoochun asked me.

“Well, we still have a lot of planning to do, don’t we?” I said.

“Planning? But everything for the final trial for the lawsuit is already set, isn’t it?” Junsu questioned.

“Yeah, but what about after the lawsuit? We still don’t have anything planned for what you guys will be doing after the lawsuit, remember?” I pointed out.

“Oh, yeah…”

“You mean like if we’re going to transfer to another company or something?” Yunho said, looking at me for confirmation.

“Or if we’re going to just start our own company instead,” Jaejoong said with a small grin and a dreamy look in his eyes. He clearly like that idea, that was for sure.

“Yeah, and I’ve been thinking and worrying a bit before about the future music that you’ll be producing,” I nodded, frowning.

“What do you mean?” Yoochun asked.

“Well, I was thinking about the music you had in my time. As the TVXQ duo and JYJ, I mean. Your music even then was still great. I know your future projects are about to change since you’re not splitting up this time, but I was wondering if we could still somehow retain some of your songs at least in my time…”

“You have them in your laptop, right? Just let us have them and we’ll make sure we have them this time around, too,” Junsu shrugged.

“It’s more complicated than that, duckbutt,” Yunho shook his head, frowning. “It’s not like we made all those songs completely. They have their own composers and writers as well. And it’s even more complicated since we’re talking about staff from two different companies, right? SM and that C-Jes…”

“Well, technically, if we produce those songs before those people come up with them this time around…” Yoochun began slowly, hesitantly.

“That doesn’t make it right,” Yunho said at once. “We’ll still be getting them from Erin’s files that came from the future which they had made. It’s still not ours.”

“I know, I know,” Yoochun sighed.

“Well, you guys did come up and wrote and composed songs of your own? Those ones at least I could definitely give to you, right?” I said.

“Yeah, those ones should be alright,” Jaejoong nodded.

“It’s a shame about your other songs, though,” I said sadly.

“Well, why don’t you give us the names of their composers and writers and we’ll see what we can do?” Changmin offered quickly when he saw the look on my face.

“Yeah, good idea,” Jaejoong said. “If we start our own company, we could get those peopl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter