Chapter 11

✩Smoke and Mirrors✩

When he looked up he saw Yeji looking down at him, the disapproving look still firm on her face. Taesun put the cigarette out on the ground next to him, holding the unlit in his had until he found a garbage can. He didn’t respond to Yeji. Honestly he was sure she was mad enough to hit him.

“Will you talk?” Her tone was frustrated as she threw herself down on the ground next to him. He looked at her, hesitating.

“Where is Kymin?” Honestly, he wanted to avoid the situation. He didn’t want to be looked at badly for it anymore.

“In the dorm.” She turned to face him. Her face had relaxed, but her chocolate eyes were still hard. “Why would you write something like that?”

She still sounded angry, but it seemed like she would listen to his side. Taesun sighed and explained himself again. Yeji just stared at him when he stopped talking, it was almost like she didn’t blink. Taesun couldn’t keep looking her in the eyes so averted his gaze to the ground.

“He must feel terrible…” Taesun muttered.

He heard Yeji sigh next to him as well. When he looked back to her she wasn’t looking at him anymore. Her eyes were focused on the cars that were speeding past. It was nearly two in the morning but people were still out, driving around as if it were the middle of the day.

“You didn’t need to ask like that” Yeji stated. Still facing forward “He works hard…and he’s talented. His son is happy as ever, he is a great father.”

“I know.” Taesun spoke, following Yeji’s gaze.

Silence fell between them. They both just sat there watching the cars. Understanding fell between them. Yeji’s anger had subsided, she still thought Taesun was wrong for what he did, but now she understood that he meant no harm. Taesun thought back on the situation, if it were Yeji who asked Chan in person he was sure Chan would have answered. His timing was terrible, plus he didn’t even know Chan, he just didn’t know how else to ask.

“Did you see Kymin dancing?” This time when Yeji looked at Taesun the anger in her eyes had been replaced my something else. Something sneakier. Taesun nodded, not turning from the cars. He was glad for the change of topic.

“I did. She is pretty good. She tripped though.”

Yeji breathed out a ‘huh’ as she turned back to the cars. A small spread on her face.

“I didn’t see that. Her waves were good though.” She tried to get Taesun to talk more about Kymin. She thought her roommate would appreciate her working so hard to give her a loveline. Besides, Taesun was talented and he was good to look at as well. Yeji mentally patted herself on the back for the great idea of setting the two up.

Taesun only nodded before standing. He turned to Yeji who was looking up at him with a curious expression. “It’s late” Taesun explained and he held a hand out to her, to help her up.

Yeji took his hand and he pulled her to her feet. She nodded her understanding and started walking next to him when he moved to leave. As they walked Taesun tossed the crushed cigarette in his hand, with the rest of the pack, into the garbage. Yeji took notice of this and smiled a bit as she spoke, happy he wasn’t keeping them. She wasn’t one to judge, since he was of age, but she really didn’t like him smoking.

“You should come over tomorrow morning for breakfast.” Yeji offered, the smile on her face growing bigger.

The pair reached the dorm building as Taesun shook his head.

“No.” He pushed open the door and kept walking toward the elevator. Yeji jogged a bit to catch up to him.

“What? Why?” She asked, pouting.

The elevator doors opened and the pair stepped in. Taesun looked at Yeji with a smile.

“I don’t have a class tomorrow. I’m sleeping in.”

Yeji clapped him on the back with a laugh.

“Alright, sleepy head.” She let it drop and they rode the elevator in silence. The silence was comfortable, much like the peace Yeji got when she listened to her music. It was quite relaxing and Yeji thought it was nice to have a friend she could share this kind of silence with. Even when she was with Chan she felt the need to keep talking.

The doors dinged open and they both stepped out into the hallway. They stopped at Yeji’s dorm and Taesun turned to look at her.

“Thank you for understanding. I’m sorry I was disrespectful.” He smiled at her.

She poked him on the forehead and opened the door to her dorm, hearing Kymin exit her bedroom.

“Don’t apologize to me.” She closed the door, leaving Taesun to retreat to him dorm and turn in for the night

Morning came faster than Taesun would have liked. He wanted to sleep in but Hyunsoo thought it would be a fantastic idea to come hopping into the room.

“Hyung~” Hyunsoo sang and he threw himself onto the bed, lounging on top of Taesun’s once sleeping body.

“What do you want Hyunsoo?” Taesun grumbled into his pillow.

He felt Hyunsoo shift on top of him followed by warm breath on his ear.

“I’m waking you up for class.” Hyunsoo stated, blowing into his ear.

Taesun swatted at Hyunsoo’s head and sat up. He shook his head a few times and stuck a finger into his ear to relieve the strange ticklish sensation. He glared at Hyunsoo, now fully awake. Hyunsoo simply smiled widely in Taesun’s direction.

“Ya! Stupid! I don’t have class today! I should be sleeping!” Taesun shook his head again, still unable to get that silly feeling from his ear.

“Oh.” Hyunsoo stood from the bed. “I’m sorry Hyung… I thought you had Singing Class on Friday mornings.”

Taesun pulled his finger from his ear and laid back on the bed, trying to find the comfortable position he had been in before he woke up.

“No. Not since I was put into the below average class.” Taesun still shuffled, seeking out the comfort he left behind. Hyunsoo gasped.

“below average?! Hyung, you have to get out of that class.” Hyunsoo threw himself back on the bed again, hovering over Taesun’s face.

Taesun swung his hand in Hyunsoo’s direction, finally finding the sweet spot.

“Go Away Hyunsoo.” Taesun closed his eyes.

“But Hyu-“Hyunsoo tried

“Leave.”

Hyunsoo stood up from the bed, a pout on his face. He really thought Taesun should get up and train if he was in below average, but he did as he was told and left the room, closing the door behind him. His worry was replaced by excitement as he pulled a loose sweater over his head and made his way to the dorm door. He had his Rap Class this morning, and he really enjoyed it.

He was a good rapper and he knew it, so he really enjoyed being in the class and being able to rap for people. When he had made it into the company building there was a girl waiting for him. She stood in sweatpants and a tank top. A smile spread on her face as Hyunsoo approached.

“Oppa!” She called

Hyunsoo smiled back at her and stopped walking when he reached her. He placed a hand on her head.

“What did I tell you about calling me ‘oppa’ Daeun?” He scolded slightly with a laugh. Daeun made a face and pushed his hand off of her head.

“Don’t call you ‘oppa’ because I’m older.” She drawled, rolling her eyes “But it’s only by a month, and besides you seem older.” She quickly reasoned.

Hyunsoo laughed and began walking again. Daeun had to speed up to catch up to him but quickly fell into step with him.

“Are you excited for Rap today?” She smiled at him as they approached one of the recording studios. They had been given an assignment earlier in the week to write a rap that they would record today. Then on Monday they would be reevaluated for any class changes.

Hyunsoo nodded at her and pulled open the door. He was absolutely thrilled, but it turns out that here was no different than his school. When he stepped in 3 girls looked up from papers they held in their hand.

“Oppa!” one of them said. The other two just smiled. Hyunsoo never asked for this degree of attention, but he still got it.


Well...

This is probably going to be the last update for today. I will probably update tomorrow though.

I noticed that Hyunsoo needed some love, there has been a lot about Chan Yeji and Taesun but not too much about Kymin and Hyunsoo.

So Kymin and Hyunsoo will feel some of the spotlight for a couple chapters (I think).

Oh right, one last thing.

We Have Another Cameo!!

_angel's Choi Daeun appears in this chapter (: . She is going to be in the next update as well, but I thought I would give the shoutout now (: