Chapter 5

✩Smoke and Mirrors✩

“Ah! …. Nonono. Stop! Don’ do that!” Hyunsoo stood in the center of the bathroom staring at the toilet as water flowed over the sides onto the bathroom floor.

He held a roll of paper towles inhis hand, but was quickly coming to realize that it would definitely not be enough. He stood there, both arms outstreached towards the toilet, willing it to stop. He was completely baffled as to how he was going to fix this. As a result, Hyunsoo stood there, cursing loudly at the clogged toilet.

“Aish~! Stop already! I’m going to end up swimming out of here!” he cursed at the toilet, pulling up his pants at the leg so they wouldn’t get wet. He took a few ginger steps towards the offending object and reached a hand out to pull the lid off he back. He peered in at the complicated pulley system that was immersed in water inside and dropped the heavy, ceramic lid onto the floor.

“I can’t do this! How am I supposed to fix it!” He yelled in anger “This isn’t fair” his voice fell into a whine as he now stood a few feet from the toilet, water still quickly pouring over the sides of the bowl.

Hyunsoo lifted his pant legs again when he heard a knock at the bathroom door.

“Hyunsoo ya. What is going on in there?” It was Taesun.

Hyunsoo cursed under his breath as he hopped over water puddles until he reached the door, just before Taesun got it fully opened. He threw his body against the door, holding it closed with his shoulder.

“Don’t come in hyung, I’m…..”Hyunsoo raked his brain trying to formulate an excuse “….I’m .”

There was a moment of silence on the other side of the door and Hyunsoo let out a deep breath. He figured Taesun had accepted is crappy reason and left. He picked himself up from his leaning position and began to make his way back to the toilet that finally stopped spilling water. Just as Hyunsoo reached for the plunger he heard Taesun’s voice again.

“You are in the bathroom….throwing things?” Taesun questioned as he pushed open the door, revealing Hyunsoo, on his toes surrounded by a large puddle of water, bent over the toilet. Hyunsoo’s face was twisted into an expression of surprise and embarrassment.

Taesun stood in the doorway of the bathroom, silent, as he absorbed the image in front of him. He closed his eyes and rubbed his hand down his face as he let out a sigh. Hysunsoo straightened up and moved strategically toward Taesun.

“Listen, hyung, I’ll fix it.”

Taesun nodded, his expression strangely cheerful. “Yes you will.”

Hyunsoo’s jaw dropped. He was expecting Taesun to say that he would help, instead Taesun was turning to leave and make Hyunsoo do it all.

“Wait, hyung. Can you help? At least fix the toilet? I don’t know how. I’ll clean everything else.”

Taesun returned his gaze to Hyunsoo. He looked absolutely hilarious standing in the middle of the flooded bathroom, a role of paper towels in one hand, and a plunger in the other. It was completely obvious that he had no idea what to do, and that small fact made it difficult to Taesun to hold back his laughter.

“The girls are here. I invited them to eat lunch with us.” Taesun tried to pull back a laugh, but wound up wearing a wide smile. Hyunsoo’s eyes widened as he looked around at the mess.

“Ahh~ Hyung, please? I wanna hang out with them too~!” Hyunsoo whined.

Taesun couldn’t hold it in anymore and laughed loudly. Holding his stomach he stepped quickly through the room, snatching the plunger from Hyunsoo’s hand as he walked.

“You are too funny, Cassanova. You should see the look on your face” He stopped in front of the toilet and positioned the plunger over the bowl. Hyunsoo stomped his foot grumbling as Taesun successfully fixed the toilet.

“Here” Taesun handed him the plunger “Now quickly clean up this water and change so we can leave.”

Hyunsoo pouted slightly before bending down to start wiping up the quite large puddle of water that had accumulated. Taesun stepped out of the room, laughing. It was going to take him a while, since he was trying to do it with paper towels.

Taesun moved into the living room where the girls were seated. He leaned against the wall, still laughing, as Kymin looked up at him.

“….Oppa. What is so funny?” She tilted her head to the side a bit in question. Yeji turned her head in his direction as well, a confused look spreading across her features.

Taesun managed to tone his laughter down to soft chuckles as he explained what had happened in the bathroom. Yeji sighed after hearing the story as Kymin busted out into laughter. Kymin and Taesun had most of their classes together, and because of that, had a decent amount of time to get closer throughout the first few weeks of trainee life. He had invited the pair over, via Kymin, the night before in their dance class. She agreed, and said she would bring Yeji as well.

“Ya…oppa. Do you want to hide, that way when he comes out he will think we left without him?” a smile started to spread across Kymin’s face.

“While Yeji’s facial expression didn’t change much, Kymin noticed the small excited shine that appeared in her eyes. Taesun shrugged his shoulders and nodded.

“I think that’s a great idea.” He pushed himself from the wall and made his way to the sliding glass doors, next to the kitchen, that lead out to the small balcony.

“We should wait out here” He suggested “That way we can see him, but he won’t see us.”

Yeji stood first, following Taesun onto the balcony, followed closely by Kymin. They smiled at each other and peeked in through the glass, waiting for Hyunsoo to come out.

Hyunsoo scratched his head before pulling a loose grey shirt and navy blue cardigan from his closet. He put both articles of clothing onto his body before heading out of his room.

“Stupid toilet..” he mumbled as he walked towards the living room.

“Alright hyung. I’m ready.” He called as he stepped into the room. He stopped walking when he noticed it was empty.

“Hyung?” Hyunsoo called, looking around the room. When he didn’t receive an answer he scowled, moving to the couch and throwing himself onto in, crossing his arms over his chest.

“Really?” He asked the silence “They left me?” Hyunsoo pouted some then stood, stomping his feet a little before moving towards the kitchen.

“I can’t believe they just left like that. He said they would wait. Stupid Taesun hyung.” He mumbled as he walked past the counter that separated the kitchen from the living room. He caught a glimpse of the curtain covering the glass doors moving and changed his direction, still mumbling his unhappiness.

When he pulled the curtain back he was met with the sight of Yeji, Kymin and Taesun laughing on the deck. Kymin was doubled over, holding her stomach while Yeji and Taesun stood, covering their laughs with their hands. Hyunsoo slid open the door.

“Ya. Do you wanna die? You think you are funny don’t you?!” He stepped out onto the deck, a small glare in his eyes.

Kymin spoke first.

“Aww. Oppa, don’t be mad! It is funny.”

Hyunsoo crossed his arms again.

“It’s really not though.” He grumbled, looking at Kymin through narrowed eyes, before a small smile broke through his glare.

He couldn’t stay mad. They were going to eat, and Taesun was paying. So how could he stay mad?