The Attack of the Wolves

The Next Bloodline
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3

The Attack of the Wolves

 

Wolves normally travel in packs….Their bond is strong…it’s like they think and act as one…

This pact….is no exception.

Chanyeol was able to kill 3 of the wolves. Master is in the middle of fighting 2 wolves at the same time. Sulli pushed the wolf in front of her…She was able to push it…but it wasn’t easy.

They are…strong!

Sulli took her sword and sliced through the wolf’s leg making him cripple.

One thing Master Cha taught them is that…A pack of wolves…is normally led by the Alpha….

Where is the Alpha? The Alpha is supposed to be the strongest…he is the biggest threat. He has to be eliminated.

Sulli looked around. She was able to duck when a wolf almost bit her.  She sliced through the wolf’s chest when it attacked her again.

Sulli saw Chanyeol running after 3 wolves…he’s going too far away from them…and then there was a wolf running after Chanyeol…the wolf is extremely big…It gestured to some of the wolves and a couple followed him….

The Alpha!

“Master!” Sulli shouted “The Alpha is after Chanyeol!”

Master Cha looked around locating Chanyeol.

Cha closed his eyes as he broke the arm of the wolf in front of him.

It’s a clear trap! That kid still doesn’t get the art of detecting traps?! The Alpha has seen who the strongest is among the 3 of them…and he decided to finish the strongest first. Not bad for an Alpha.

“I’m going after them, Sulli. But you can’t take these all. Hide yourself.” Said Master Cha

“No. I will not.” said Sulli “Go ahead Master, save Chanyeol. The Alpha is not here. I can handle these.”

Master Cha is no match to Sulli’s stubbornness.

“You know you can’t die here right?” said Master Cha

Sulli looked at Master Cha in the eyes.

“I can escape if I get tired of fighting them.” Said Sulli winking at Master Cha.

“You better make sure.” Said Master Cha

Master Cha ran towards the direction Chanyeol went to.

Sulli is on her own…with 5 wolves in front of her…and they all look angry.

“You guys want to fight me as wolves? Or would you rather I fight you as humans?” asked Sulli

One of the wolves slowly turned human. This is not Sulli’s first time to see a transformation. But it gives her the Goosebumps  every time.

He’s a tall man and he looks muscular and strong.

The rest of the wolves slowly turned human. Even the ones limping on the ground.

“Do you think that you are safe alone?” asked the first who transformed.

Sulli shook her head.

“Of course not. I think I’m still in danger. But I’ll try to manage you.” Said Sulli smiling

“For a human…you are good at fighting…but still…you are just a human.” Said the wolf

“I hate it when people underestimate me.” Said Sulli

“And I hate the same thing too.” Said the wolf “Do you think that the Alpha is determined by how  big a wolf he is?”

Sulli felt cold air crept on her spine.

The wolf smirked

“An alpha can be smaller…but he still leads the pack.” Said the wolf

The other members of the pack started laughing.

“In just one word…The Alpha can command the entire pack to hunt a specific person. And that person alone..until that person is eliminated.” Said the wolf

Trouble…she was wrong on who the Alpha is…This wolf in front of her…is the real Alpha!

“Now you get it right?” said the wolf “Now you understand the danger…”

Sulli’s heart is beating fast…she’s in real danger now…it’s time to escape.

“Make sure she doesn’t escape alive…she’s our prey.” Said the Alpha

Sulli ran but the wolves are fast to ran after her. She took a couple of leaves and scattered it in different directions. That should confuse them for a while. Sulli ran fast as fast as she can.

A falls…Sulli saw a wolf just a few steps behind her…no time to think…she needs to escape alive.

Sulli jumped on the creek by the falls. Sulli saw the wolves all looking at her falling body. She waved at them goodbye.

Sulli felt the impact of her fall on the stream. It was painful and she quickly submerged in the water. Sulli tried to swim up. But the current is too strong…She tried several more times until she felt her leg numb…no…she didn’t die in front of the wolves…but is she going to die in the water?

No…she can’t die…not yet!

Sulli still tried to swim up with her left leg kicking. When she was able to emerge from the water she quickly swam to the side…

It is so cold.

Sulli felt her teeth chattering…Wolves…are not her favorite animals…

Sulli tried to stand up but her leg is still numb. She needs to get going. The wolves are hunting her. They will surely look for her on this area.

Sulli tried to stand up and dragged herself to walk.

Master Cha is right that it is dangerous for her…and the wolves are too much for her to handle…and yes…she was too arrogant to think that she can take them on. But something in Sulli feels fulfilled, she escaped on her own without needing anyone to sacrifice for her.

Sulli slowly felt her legs back…She started Running…She needs to find a good place to hide…but first…she has to cover her tracks. She took some leaves and made sure her scent is on them and scattered them to different areas. She took mud and put it all over her body to cover her scent. She then ran as far away as she can. She found a small tree and climbed up.

She’ll stay on the branch for now.

------------------------

Chanyeol looked around him. All the wolves are down. Master Cha looks angry.

“I did not mean to fall on their trap.” Said Chanyeol in his apologetic tone.

“You have put yourself into too much danger.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter