Chapter 7

Twonkle as a star

Yuhi pov.

 

 I woke up just before my alarm was supposed to go off, and I quickly turned it off. I started the morning by waking up Xin unnie. After a bit of grumbling she got out of bed and went to take a shower. I went to the next room to wake up Petra unnie and Jade unnie. They woke up fairly quickly, so I went towards the last room, the one of Soojung unnie and Y.Jin unnie. They were already awake, so I just greeted them and told them I would start on breakfast. I walked to the kitchen and started boiling eggs. Nothing to complicated, cause I didn't want to mess up, and I'm not that good of a cook. Just when I was done all my unnies came in, and we sat down for breakfast. I didn't eat too much, cause I was actually pretty nervous, as today was the first episode filming of Maknae Rebellion!

 After breakfast I took a quick shower, got dressed and brushed my hair. I got back to the living room, where all my unnies sat waiting. They were speculating which groups would send their maknaes. I just hoped they would be nice, and not snobby or anything. Our manager soon came to pick us up, and we drove to the set of maknae rebellion where we went straight to the make-up unnies. They quickly finished my unnies, but it took a long time before I was finally done. When I was done I went towards my unnies, to see them in the middle of recording something. I stayed back and watched. "Hello! We are Twonkle!" They simultaneously said while bowing.

 "Our Yuhi was chosen to join the Maknae Rebellion team, and we are very proud of her!" Y.Jin unnie said.

 "Yes! We hope that she will have a great time with the rest of the maknaes!" Soojung unnie said. "Also, Yuhi-ah, please don't forget us when you are making new friends!" Jade unnie said.

"Please support our maknae!" Petra unnie said.

 "Good luck Yuhi-ah!" Xin unnie said.
"Twonkle's maknae Yuhi, HWAITING!" They all shouted together. I smiled, such a lovely video message!
The cameraman gave them the ok sign, and they came to me to give me a hug.
"Good luck Yuhi-ah! Do well on your first solo activity, alright?" Y.Jin unnie said.
I nodded, they all said their goodbyes to me and left with our manager.

A woman came to me, and asked me if I was Yuhi. I said yes, of course, why would I lie?
She told me that she was staff, and that she was here to take care of me, so if there was any problem, I should come to her. She also told me what was going to happen, we would one by one be driven to the filming location, then get out of the car and do a bit of aegyo. After that we would meet each other and the MC, and talk a bit. I nodded and then the car pulled up and I stepped in.
We drove for like, two minutes, till we came to a stop. I opened the car door and smiled brightly to the camera. This show was my moment to shine, and I was not letting it go to waste! I waved to the camera and did my aegyo. The cameraman gave me a thumbs up, so I walked to the side, to stand with the rest of the maknaes. The maknaes already there were Dongho from U-kiss, Jinwoon from 2AM and Minzy from 2NE1. The car came again and Seunghyun from F.T. Island stepped out. He gave the camera a cheeky grin, then he tripped. He quickly balanced, so he didn't actually fall, but it looked really funny. Me and the other maknaes just stood there laughing as he blushed and quickly joined us. The next car came, and Hayoung from A Pink stepped out. She did some aegyo and walked towards us. I smiled at her, cause I hoped we could be friends. She just gave me a glare and stood on the other side, next to Jinwoon. Yet another car pulled up, and Sungjong from Infinite stepped out. He bowed to the camera with a cute smile, then walked to us. I smiled at him, I really like Infinite, and even though he is not my favourite member, I like him a lot! He smiled back and stood next to me. The car came back and MC Yoo Seyung stepped out. He winked to the camera and walked towards us and the camera followed him. He started a little talk about how us maknaes were always treated badly and how we were going to change that. Then he asked us to introduce ourselves. When it was my turn I bowed to the camera, but the MC pulled me back up. "We are rebelling! No need to bow, show them your strong side!"
"Yes, you're absolutely right! I am Twonkle's maknae Yuhi and from now on I will show you my strong side!" I said to the camera, while doing a hwaiting sign.
Everyone clapped and Sungjong started to introduce himself.
When we were done the MC brought us to the studio. We started with a game where they told us our search rankings. I was quite low, but it's okay, since we just debuted.
Then we moved on to the next segment, where we had to tell a story about our unnies or hyung, explaining why we wanted to rebel.
Minzy unnie told a really funny story of Dara unnie taking pictures of her while sleeping and then showing them to all the Big Bang oppas. Hayoung was totally ing her unnies, I would never tell that kind of things on a show!
Then it was my turn. With slightly sweaty palms and a fast heartbeat I started talking.
"When we were preparing for debut, Twonkle moved in together. We had just moved all the stuff, and packed our cabinets with food. I wanted to be a good maknae, so I decided to make a snack for everyone. All of my unnies were sitting on the couch when I walked in with a tray of biscuits. Soojung unnie was closest to me, so I gave her first, then Y.Jin unnie was sitting next to her but when I offered her a biscuit, she exploded!" I said
"Ah, really? Why?" MC Yoo Seyung asked me.
"In the beginning, I really didn't know, but it turned out, she really loves biscuits, and she didn't want us to waste them, when we didn't love them as much as she does. I was really scared, and I vowed to never eat biscuits anymore!" I answered.
"Do you still refrain from eating biscuits around her?" Dongho oppa asked
"Yes, but I'm not afraid of her anymore! She really is a great unnie, as long as you don't touch her biscuits." I answered.
Everyone just sort of nodded and we went on with Sungjong oppa, who told us about when Sungyeol oppa played a mean prank on him.
After this segment, we all went outside to get ready for a high jump. After a bit of talking and warming up, it was time to jump. The length was 1.60 metres, which seemed really high! Minzy unnie went first, and she made it easily. I clapped loudly for her. Then it was my turn, I went to the starting place, ran as fast as I could, and jumped with all the strength I had in me. It felt as if I was moving in slow-motion, and I thought I was not gonna make it. I saw Hayoung smirking at the sidelines and I willed myself higher. Then time returned to normal speed and I made it over. I tumbled down on the mat with big eyes, because I still couldn't believe it. Sungjong oppa and Minzy unnie ran to me to give me a hug, while the others stood there clapping, Hayoung with a bitter expression. Then it was Hayoung’s turn, she turned to the camera and confidently said that she was gonna fly over it. She walked to the running point. She stopped for a while to do a wave and a hwaiting sign, then she started running and jumping. It almost looked like she was gonna make it, but in the end she failed miserably. We all told her that it was okay, and that at least she tried, but I couldn’t help feeling slightly smug.
The bar was raised to 1.80 and the boys got ready to jump. Jinwoon oppa flied over with ease. Then it was Sungjong oppa his turn. He didn't make it over, but he looked so funny while jumping that Minzy unnie and Dongho oppa were rolling on the floor from laughing so much. I was laughing loudly too, and so were all the others. He just looked so incredibly funny!
Seunghyun oppa failed, and Dongho oppa just made it over. Then me and Minzy unnie had to try. Minzy unnie was first, and she just made it over. When it was my turn I tried my best, but failed. I didn't really mind, cause it was really high.
Then the staff raised the bar to two metres and the remaining three (Jinwoon oppa, Dongho oppa and Minzy unnie) had to try to jump over it. Jinwoon oppa almost made it, and the rest just failed.

The MC made a nice little wrap-up and then we were done! We walked back to the studio, chatting happily about how much fun it had been. I was talking to Minzy unnie, and we got along really well.
Then my manager came and brought me home. My unnies were already waiting.
"Alright girls, it's time to have little talk, come over here, all of you." Our manager said. I was already standing next to him, but my unnies quickly stood up and gathered around our manager.
"First of all, we got the next season of Hello Baby!" He said. We all cheered really loudly.
"Then some other news, Soojung, you are going to be joining the crew of Running man, Jade, you are going to be on immortal song, Y.Jin, you have a solo interview about leadership tomorrow, and we are all going to be practicing for a dance battle, starting tomorrow!" He continued.
We all cheered again, this was good news.
"Alright, I still have to make a couple of deals with the choreographer, so I'll be going now, take a lot of rest tonight, cause tomorrow is going to be a long day!" He said.
We waved to him and sat down.
"I'm so tired! We had to do high jumps today." I said.
"Really? How was it?" Jade unnie asked.
"It was great! I really had fun!"
"You have to tell us all about it! But wait a little while, then I cook something for us first!" Petra unnie said.
So we the TV for a while, and watched a bit of Idol army. After a while Petra unnie came back, and we started eating.
"So tell us. High jumps, really?" Soojung unnie asked me.
"Yeah! Really, I was surprised too!" I answered.
"Were you any good?" Xin unnie asked me.
"Well, you'll just have to wait and see when the first episode airs!" I said.
"Meanie!" She said.
"I've got another question! Who are the other maknaes?" Y.Jin unnie asked me.
"Well, there's Sungjong oppa, Dongho oppa, Seunghyun oppa, Jinwoon oppa, Minzy unnie and Hayoung." I answered.
"Who did you like the best?" Soojung unnie asked.
"I had fun with Minzy unnie and Sungjong oppa, they are really friendly people!" I answered.
"So, when is it gonna air?" Jade unnie asked.
"I don't know, it will probably be a while." I answered.
"Yeah, those things take a long time to edit." Xin unnie said.
"Yeah! Just like Making the Artist! We don't know when that's going to air either!" Petra unnie said.
"When are they going to film us again?" Jade unnie asked Y.Jin unnie.
"I don't know, go check the schedule or something." She said.
"I'll do it!" Xin unnie said. Then she stood up and got the schedule.
"They are filming us tomorrow, we also get a couple of individual shots then. Also, we have a performance tomorrow, I have a date with Taemin oppa, Y.Jin unnie, you have a interview, Petra unnie, you have a photo shoot, and we have a lot of practice tomorrow." Xin unnie said.
"Wow, so much, and we start at six am!" Soojung unnie exclaimed, while looking at the schedule.
"Seriously? That's really early! I'm going to take a shower and go to sleep then, or I won't be able to wake up tomorrow!" I said.
"Yes, let's all go to bed, alright?" Y.Jin unnie said.
We all nodded and went to bed.
I fell into a deep slumber right away.
 

A/N

Hi! Here I am again!

I’m going to start comment replies, because I want to!

Also, I feel like a kind of unapproachable author, and I want to change that, cause I love you all! <3

 

@Jaimee

Yeeah, I’m glad you’re happy (: I really liked Yongseo couple too! Here is the new update, hope you like it!

 

@angela3414

Here is the new update! It mostly focuses on Yuhi, so I hope you like it! (:

@missinvisible

That’s so awesome! What kind of subject are you studying? Hehe, I suppose it’s your job as leader!

 

@xinee16

Good luck with the final year before college! I won’t give up, I promise!

 

See you all next update! (: