Chapter 8

Twonkle as a star

Y.Jin pov
 
At 5 am sharp I woke up to the annoying screeching of my alarm clock. I sat up and slowly rubbed my eyes, before turning off the alarm and getting out of bed. Soojung was slowly getting up to. I walked into the hallway, to wake up the others. Jade and Petra just walked out of their shared room as well.
"Good morning girls." I said while stifling a yawn "Good morning unnie!" They said at the exact same time.
"I'm going to take a shower, can one of you wake up Xin and Yuhi?" I asked them.
"Sure, I'll do it!" Petra said.
"Then I'll start making breakfast!" Jade said. I nodded and we all went our separate ways, I went to the bathroom. After a quick shower I put on some comfortable practice clothes, and headed towards the kitchen, where Jade was almost finished with breakfast, so I decided to put plates and everything on the table.
Then we ate breakfast and soon enough everyone was done and we were waiting for our manager. We weren't even talking, cause it was still early and we were tired. After like five minutes our manager arrived and we got into his van, still really sleepy. Then we arrived at our practice room and greeted the crew of Making the Artist, who were already set up and filming. We did a quick bow, then dropped our bag in a corner and stood in formation.
"Hold on, today we are going to be filming the practice video to post online, so you will get a name tag on your shirt." Our manager said.
I looked at Soojung with surprise, and she seemed just as surprised. We then walked towards our manager and pinned a name tag on our shirts. We got back in position, then we gave a bow to the camera that was placed in front of us. We started dancing and I forgot all things around me. Then I did a quick glance in the camera, and gave a little smile. Then I got back to the dance.
After the dance we all bowed and our manager stopped the video. "Alright, I'm going to upload this, you girls continue practicing hard!" And with those words, our manager left the room.
"Alright girls, let's practice again, performance version, so watch the faces, and see where you can sneak in a little aegyo." I said to my lovely dongsaengs.
They all nodded and I started the music again, then sprinted to my own place. We danced and sung, I especially focused on regular breathing, and I watched the other girls through the mirror. Xin's aegyo was rather akward, Yuhi's aegyo was very natural, and Jade's aegyo was slightly over the top. Soojung's aegyo was good but she looked very serious during the rest of the dance. Petra was not doing any aegyo at all. As soon as the song stopped I confronted them on it. They simply nodded and we practiced again. After 5 runs I was satisfied, so we took a little break. One of the crewmembers from Making the Artist came to me and asked me if it was alright if they started the individual shots now. I agreed and we were all gathered together by the director. "Alright, we are going to start the individual shots soon, we will be going from old to young, so Y.Jin, you're first. What we expect of all of you, is that you introduce yourself, tell the viewers the position that you're in, and just a random fact about yourselves. Is that clear?" He asked.
We all nodded and I was sent to hair and make-up. After the stylist unnie was done with me I was brought to a simple room with a wooden chair and a lot of camera's pointed to the chair. I sat down and smiled.
"Hello! I am Twonkle's leader, Y.Jin!" Right when I took a breath to say some more, one of the cameramen stopped me.
"We haven't actually started filming. I'll count it down and then you can start. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1" I started again, but I felt really stupid.
"Hello! I am Twonkle's leader, Y.Jin. I should be the most mature, but when someone steals my food, I'm even more childish than the maknae." I did my dorky smile and tilted my head a bit.
"That was great, let's do a few more runs, just in case." The cameraman said.
I nodded and we did around 5 more runs before the crew was finally satisfied. I bowed to them all to show them my appreciation. I then left the room and told Soojung that it was her turn. She simply nodded and left.
"Have you been practicing on your aegyo?" I asked the others.
"No, actually, we just talked about what we are going to say, sorry." Xin said.
"That's okay, but let's practice it now, okay? Xin, you first, show us what you've got!" I said. Xin obviously tried her hardest, but it still came out awkward. When she smiled her cutest, or did a pose, her eyes darted from left to right.
pose, her eyes darted from left to right.
"Xin, you're so awkward! It's not that bad to do aegyo, just pretend that you're acting or something!" Jade said.
Xin nodded and tried again, this time, it was slightly better, but still not that great.
"Unnie, you have to relax, don't think too much about it!" Yuhi said.
"Alright, I'll try again!" Xin said.
This time it was much better, so we were all rather satisfied.
Soojung came back and Jade left to go filming.
"Petra, you are next, show us your aegyo!" I said. She did some aegyo, and it was rather good, not as great as Yuhi's, but good enough.
"That's great, now do it while dancing." I said, putting on our song at the same time.
She danced great, her own part too, but there was no aegyo, again.
"Ok, seriously, what went wrong? You can do the aegyo, why won't you do it?" Soojung asked.
"I'm sorry unnie, it's just, I am so focused on making the dance perfect, that I forget to do aegyo!" Petra answered.
I sighed. "Come on, your dance is perfect whether you focus on it or not, you're the dancer in our group! Try it now while focusing on the aegyo." I said.
She did, and the dance still looked great, but this time the aegyo worked!
"Unnie! Your dance was still really good! And your aegyo was awesome too!" Yuhi said.
Right then Jade came back and Petra left to film.
"Alright Jade, let's focus on you now!" I said and with that we started working again. In the meantime Petra came back and Xin left, but we still weren't done with Jade, cause she kept being over the top with her aegyo.
"Jade, your not a baby, keep it neutral!" Soojung said.
She nodded and tried again, it was better this time. Xin came back, and Yuhi left.
"Ok, let's all practice it a couple more times, focusing on the aegyo, we can do this without Yuhi, cause her aegyo is really good anyway." I said to the girls.
They all nodded and we practiced it around 5 times before Yuhi came back and joined us.
Our manager came back into the practice room. "Ok girls, last run, then you have different schedules, show me if you have improved today." He said. We started right away, and I focused on myself this time, if the others did anything wrong, our manager would see and point it out. We ended with our last pose and bright smiles and our manager nodded in approval.
"Good job, now, pack your stuff, and get in the van, there will be camera's, they are for We got married, cause it's Xin's first date, and she has to pretend she doesn't know who it is yet, and they want to film that. So be prepared for that." He said. We simply nodded and grabbed our bags and headed for the van. We got outside and bowed to the cameraman inside. We sat in the car and the camera was pointed directly towards Xin. "Who you think you're husband will be?" The cameraman asked Xin. "I have no idea, I just hope he will take care of me." She answered.
"Do you look forward to the date?" The cameraman asked.
"Yes! I'm really excited to meet my husband!" She beamed.
"She's been talking about it non-stop!" Jade said, who sat on Xin's right.
"I know the perfect song for this!" Petra exclaimed, from Xin's left.
"Really? Which song?" Soojung asked from the back of the car.
"In the car, I just can't wait, to pick you up on our very first date, is it cool if I hold your hand, is it wrong if I think it's lame to dance?" Petra sang.
"Let's go! Don't wait! This night's almost over, Honest, let's make, this night last forever, and ever, let's make this last forever!" She sang with Soojung and Yuhi joining in.
"Ah, it really is perfect!" Jade exclaimed.
"Except that I don't think that it's lame to dance!" Xin said. "But yeah, all the other things match." She acknowledged.
"We're almost there!" Our manager said.
"Aaah, good luck Xinnie!" I said.
"Yes! And remember to tell us all about it!" Jade said.
"Let's do a hwaiting!" Yuhi suggested.
We all agreed and did a quick hwaiting, before Xin stepped out of the car and left quickly to greet the staff and get directions on how to meet her husband. The cameraman stepped out too, and we drove away to a studio a couple of blocks away.
"This is our final destination!" Our manager said. "Y.jin, you have a interview, Petra, you have a photoshoot, and Soojung, Jade and Yuhi, you three are going to get started on the choreography for a dance battle. Good luck!"
We got out of the car, and luckily some crew people were waiting for us, so we knew where to go. I followed a greyhaired woman with a bright smile on her face.
"I'm Sungmi, but you can call me unnie or ahjumma, I'm here to help you get through this interview, so if you have any questions, ask me!" She said.
"Thank you unnie, it's a really big comfort to have someone to take care of me, thank you!" I said with a smile, she was really kind.
We arrived at the location, and I had to have a few pictures taken. It went smoothly and soon we were ready for the interview. "So, how is it to be the leader of 5 teenage girls?" Sungmi asked me. "It's really fun! But at the same time it's hard work." I answered.
"What do you like least about being the leader?" She asked me. I thought for a while.
"Probably that even when they are all tired, I still have to tell them to keep practicing. I know that I'm hurting them, and it hurts me too." I answered truthfully.
"And what do you like the most?" She asked
"I like how much they give back, like this morning, while I was taking a shower, Jade and Petra woke everyone up and made breakfast, without even having been asked to, sometimes it's like they take care more of me than I take care of them." I answered.
"When was the last time you had to play the angry leader?" She asked.

“It was a couple of nights ago, there was a thunderstorm, and Petra went out to dance, cause she really likes thunderstorms or something like that. Anyway, we were pretty worried, and I was really relieved she was back, but I had to be angry to show her she wouldn’t do it again. She was very sorry, so it was over soon.” I answered

“What was it like to debut?” She asked.

“It was really scary, but I had to keep calm or else we would have all freaked out, especially Yuhi, she was so nervous, and I felt like I was her support, so I couldn’t get nervous. But as soon as we started dancing all my nervousness faded away, and I felt really proud, of myself and of the group, it kind of felt like all the times I made them even more tired, by demanding extra practice, finally paid off, and I was very happy for that.” I answered

“Who is your favorite dongsaeng?”  she asked.

“I really can’t choose, they are all so great in their own ways. I wouldn’t want to miss anyone in this team, I’m truly happy with them.” I answered.

“That’s good to hear! Thank you for this interview, I will contact your manager as soon as it’s published, so you can read it.” She said.

“Thank you for having me!” I said and bowed. Then I left the room and walked to the room where I thought Soojung, Jade and Yuhi would be. They were there and I quickly joined in for the dance practice.

 

A/N

First of all, HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I hope you will all have a great new year! <3

 

You might have noticed, for the first time, my chapter doesn’t end with the end of the day! :O It’s my new years resolution, to switch it up a bit, because it would quickly become boring otherwise, I think. Another resolution is to update more, so let’s all hope that works out just fine!

 

I’m also starting another story soon, I’ve got the first chapter like half typed out, so I just have to finish that, and then post it up!

 

Now the comment replies! (:

 

@Jaimee

Yeeeej, that makes me happy, and feel a little less like a crappy author!

I hope your stressing period is over now, cause I know how awful stress can be. (Just stayed up all of last night to finish a project for school, very, very, stressful!) I hope I don’t disappoint you when I write the part of Running Man then, I’ll try my best! (:

 

@bitterswee-t

Yes, I think she did have fun! I really like maknae rebellion! I hope there is going to be a season 2! Here is your next update, a little late, but I hope you enjoyed it nonetheless.

 

@angela3414

I’m glad that I made you laugh, cause laughing is very healthy! It actually happened, that’s the best part of it!

I know, I had to make someone play the bad guy, and you picked her as your rival, so I just made her really mean.

 

@missinvisible

I’m really proud of her too!

It actually happened, I loved that part!

Yes, you sure do love those biscuits don’t you? (:

I’m studying arts therapy, it’s not well known, but basically it’s using art for making mentally ill people better. I like that I can combine art and making people feel better, so I’m really happy, even though it’s a lot of work.

But Psychology is really nice to, I actually thought about it for a while!

 

@xinee16

Yes she did!

Hehe, you keep a tight control on your dongsaengs!

Yes, he is actually, but in the real Maknae Rebbelion it’s Seunghyun, so I decided to use him, also since I know him better. Yaay, F.T. Island!

I’m not too sure about her being mean either, but I needed a bad character, so I just put the blame on her, I don’t really dislike her or anything!

 

 

Hwaiting! <3

 

Ps. Does anyone here know the song they were singing in the car? Just wondering.