Chapter 10

Twonkle as a star

Jade pov.

We were in the middle of our dance when the door opened and an entire camera crew came in. We stopped dancing and bowed to the camera, wondering what they were filming.
"Do you know why we are here?" One of the cameraman asked.
"No, I was just about to ask that!" I said while shaking my head in confusion.
"We can't tell you, but follow us to the van, and you might just find out. I looked at Petra, utterly confused. She just shrugged and started following the crew members. Xin followed soon after. I looked at Soojung unnie, and she has the same confused look in her eyes.
"Well, let's go." Y.Jin unnie said, slightly hesitating. We all got in the van and got an envelope. Y.jin unnie opened it and started reading the letter that was inside out loud.
"Hello Twonkle! You are probably wondering what's going on right? Well, you'll have to find out yourself. Good luck with the mission that you will soon get and listen to the crew well. Twonkle hwaiting! Love, your manager." We all remained speechless for a little while.
"I knew he was planning something yesterday!" Xin suddenly yelled.
"We all knew he was hiding something." Soojung unnie said, talking into the camera.
"But we still don't know what exactly." Y.jin unnie pointed out.
"Maybe it's making the artist, planning a surprise for us?" I guessed.
"But we know that crew already, these are totally new people." Petra reacted.
"Maybe it's sesame player?" Yuhi asked.
"But wouldn't we know that beforehand?" Soojung unnie asked.
"True, maybe it's hello baby." Xin said.
"But we are still rookies, they wouldn't choose us." I pointed out.
"Aish! I really don't know, what could it be?" Y.Jin unnie asked in despair. We all kept on guessing, but we didn't think of anything that actually made sense. We had just decided that it was probably a new show when we arrived at our destination, a studio. We stepped out of the car, and the crew got all of us outfits of cartoon characters. Y.Jin unnie was Misty from pokemon, Soojung unnie was Sailor Moon, I was Cinderella, Petra was tinkerbell, Xin was Pippi Longstocking and Yuhi was Alice, from Alice in Wonderland. We all just laughed at each other, cause we all looked slightly ridiculous. We still didn't know which show we were in though.
"Now that you are all dressed properly, it's time to do a quiz!" The PD said. I met eyes with Soojung unnie once again, still confused. We sat down on the ground, facing the camera. I was right in between Y.Jin unnie and Yuhi. The PD walked in with a baby doll in her arms.
"Imagine this is a real baby and show us how you would put her to sleep." She said, then gave the baby to Xin, who was right on the end of the line. She held the baby in her arms, slightly swaying it.
"Oh! This is Hello Baby right!" She suddenly yelled out, causing the doll to start crying.
"Aish! You made the baby cry!" Soojung unnie scolded Xin while taking over the baby.
"Sorry, but was I right?" She asked the PD, who nodded.
"Yay, we are on Hello Baby!" I cheered quietly, cause I didn't want to disturb the baby, which had just gotten a little quit, thanks to Soojung unnie. She passed the doll on to Yuhi, who softly rocked the baby while humming our song. Slowly the dolls eyes closed, signaling that the fake baby fell asleep. We silently cheered while the PD took away the doll. We got a couple of questions about children, but Y.Jin unnie knew almost all about it. After getting a great score in that part of the quiz, we had to show that we were worthy mothers, by performing something amusing.
"I'll go first!" Petra said. She started dancing, and I was soon laughing so hard that I was almost crying. She was doing such ridiculous dance moves. The crew was laughing too, and that's probably why she passed, cause kids need to be happy and be entertained.
"I'll go next!" Y.Jin unnie said. She used her wonderful vocals to sing the pokemon theme song, matching with her costume. She danced to it too, letting go of her mature image, and bringing out her inner child. She passed too, because all kids love pokemon right?
Yuhi was next, singing the three little bears song, while giving some aegyo. She passed because the crew thought she was really good with children songs. Also, because she seemed to have a good heart, which is something all mothers should have.
I decided to go next, I sang 'In my daughters eyes' by Martina McBride, to show that I understand the love a mother has for her child.
Soojung unnie and Xin went together, doing a little bit of theatre, where Soojung was the umma, and Xin the kid, doing a lot of pranks. They passed too, and we went on to the next round, which was finding our new, childproof house.
We went outside and saw an arrow with crayon on the sidewalk. There was also a little thinking bubble, which said 'Come find me, Umma!' I pointed it out to the rest, and we decided to follow it, squealing every time we found a new arrow.
 
After a while we arrived at a cute little white house, where a mature woman stood with a little girl in her arms. We bowed in unison and Y.Jin unnie walked a little closer to the woman.
"Hello! I am Y.Jin, leader of Twonkle, these lovely girls over here. Are you here for Hello baby?" She asked, to which the woman nodded. "That's great! I promise, being the leader, that we will take great care of your daughter!" Y.Jin unnie said. The woman bowed to us.
"Her name is Daeun, and she is very shy. She is four years old. She likes cookies and swimming. Please give her lots of love, even if she doesn't seem to return it!" The woman said, then she gave Daeun to Y.Jin unnie, bowed and left. I immediately stepped towards her and bent my knees so I was on eye level with Daeun.
"Hello Daeunnie, I'm Jade umma!" I cooed. She just blinked at me. The other girls greeted Daeun too, but without much success. We moved inside, since it was still rather cold. We tried to play with Daeun a bit, but she didn't join, she only sat in Y.Jin unnies lap and shook her head a lot.
"What can we do to make her less shy?" Soojung unnie asked no one in particular.
"I have an idea!" Petra exclaimed.
"So.. tell us!" Xin said after a while where we all just stared at Petra.
"Since it's almost spring, we should decorate the room with flowers, but even better, we should plant seeds with her, and watch them grow. That way, she might want to grow too, and be more outgoing." She explained.
"So it's like, she is a seed too, all closed up, and we want her to bloom?" Soojung unnie asked for clarification.
"Yes, and also, we will have pretty flowers!" Petra answered.
"We can let her choose the seeds, so she can sort of choose which flower she wants to be!" Yuhi added.
"I think it's a great idea." I said.
"Me too, shall we go pick out the seeds right now?" Y.Jin unnie suggested.
"Would you like to pick out flower seeds, Daeunnie?" Xin cooed. She nodded and we all squealed.
We got the crew to drive us to a big shopping market for plants to get all the necessities. As soon as we stepped out the car Daeun got really lively, and kept walking away, so me and Soojung unnie both took one of her hands. She pulled us to a corner of a store where fishes were being sold. Daeun watched in awe as all the fishes swam around.
"Do you like fishes, Daeunnie?" I asked her. She nodded.
"If you behave nicely, Umma will buy you a fish, alright?" Soojung unnie said. Daeun instantly smiled brightly, showing us a much happier side of herself.
 
We walked on towards the other girls, who already had a basket full of compost and pots.
"Daeunnie, do you want to go pick out flowers?" Yuhi asked her. She nodded and ran towards Yuhi, who took her hand and leaded her to the seeds. She looked in awe at all the different pictures of flowers. We picked flowers in all kind of different colours. After we paid for them we let Daeun carry them, to give her a bit of responsibility. That was Y.Jin unnies idea, that girl is born to be a mother.
So we arrived home, and Soojung unnie and Petra set up all the stuff for the flowers, while Xin and Yuhi were keeping Daeun busy by talking about the flowers she picked. Y.jin unnie was slicing up fruit so Daeun could have a healthy snack. I decided to help her.
"Unnie, do you think we will be able to take good care of Daeun?" I asked her while slicing a banana.
"Sure! I mean, we all have basic knowledge, and we all have lots of love for her. I'm sure it will work out." She answered.
"You're right. I'm just afraid to make mistakes, you know?" I said.
"That only shows that you care, but all mothers are afraid of making mistakes. We are lucky that we are with the six of us, so we can stop each other from doing really stupid things!" She encouraged. I nodded.
"Thank you unnie, it was really good talking to you!" I said while finishing slicing the last bit of melon. We hugged and carried the big bowl of fruit into the living room. As soon as we entered everyone joined us to eat, and to feed Daeun. We finished rather quickly and we started planting the seeds, letting Daeun do most of the work. You could totally see her brightening from planting, which made me feel like a happy umma. When we were done her real umma came to pick her up already, cause we had to go to our next schedule.
"Bye Daeunnie, I'll see you tomorrow, okay?" I said while giving her a little hug. She nodded. The rest said their goodbyes too, and we got in our managers car to go to another performance. The first time was really scary, but it felt like routine already. We got our own waiting room this time, but we got bored really quickly.
“Aish, still half an hour before our rehearsels!” Y.Jin unnie pouted.
“Really? That long? Can we walk around then?” I asked.
“As long as you’re back on time.” She replied
“Alright, I'm going to check up on Yuri unnie then, I'll be back in twenty minutes, okay?"
 "Sure, have fun, we'll pick you up when it's sooner." Y.Jin unnie said.
 I smiled at them and left our waiting room to find Yuri unnie. It didn't take long before I found snsd's waiting room, but I was slightly hesitant, all the other girls were my sunbae’s, who would probably be annoyed by a rookie just barging in their waiting room. Then again, I didn't really care what they thought of me, as long as I could get to speak to Yuri unnie. I took a deep breath before I softly knocked on the door, then slowly opened it.
 "Jaaaaaaaaaaadee!" Yuri unnie screamed while running towards me, to give me a quick hug.
 "Yuri unnie!" I screamed just as enthusiastically.
 "I haven't seen you in ages!" She exclaimed.
 "I know, you're always too busy for me!" I pouted. Then I grinned. "It's okay, I'm happy that you're so popular." I said with a smile.
 "Trust me, you'll be just as popular once, I believe in you!" She said while smiling.
 "No way, I'll never be as successful as you, but that's okay, as long as I'll get at least a bit of acknowledgement." I said.
 "You're so humble, let's take a selca, and then have a good nice chat!" She said.
 "Okay!" I agreed.
 We made a picture with her mobile phone, of us smiling sweetly and posing with a peace sign.
 "Ooh, I should probably introduce you to everyone here!" Yuri suddenly said.
 "Unnie! I've been following you since your debut, I know all of their names already." I replied.
 "Well, they don't know you yet." She spoke to me before addressing the whole room.
 "Everyone, this is my best friend ever since we were little kids, Jade, she just debuted, so you'll see her around more often from now on! Jade, these girls are snsd, and those guys over there are no-ones, you don't have to know them." She said, obviously teasing them.
 "Yah! We are important!" One of them said angrily. "I'm Jonghyun." He said to me, much friendlier.
 "I know, I also know that you're Minho." I said to them both. Minho simply smiled back, giving off a charismatic vibe before going back to the game he was playing on his mobile phone. Someone knocked on the door and it slowly opened, revealing Y.Jin unnie.
 "Hello sunbae's, I'm here to pick up Jade." She said while bowing.
 "That's my cue! I'll see you later unnie, bye sunbaenims!" I said with a small wave.
 "Come back soon!" Minho said while looking up from his game. I smiled and closed the door.
 We went up to the stage, where we bowed for the staff. The lights were on already, so we didn't see the audience, but we knew it would be empty. We did our dance and sang, while the staff worked on getting the lighting and sound just perfect. When we were done, we bowed to the staff to thank them for their work. To my surprise I heard some clapping from the audience. The lights went off, and my friends from middle school sat there with bright smiles on their faces.
 "Yah! Kwon Gyuri! Don't forget about us!" One of them yelled, calling me by my real name, which not many people knew, ever since I became a trainee, I introduced myself as Jade.
 "We're your number one fans!" Antother yelled.
 "Thanks guys, meet me backstage after the show alright?" I said trough my microphone, while making a heart shape with my arms.
We went back to the waiting room, to wait some more.
 
A/N
Sorry, it was more than six days, I got busy with other stuff. (Mostly sleeping, to be honest)
It’s still faster than normally, right?
 
@Jaimee, I don’t really get what you’re trying to see, but I’ll see it as a compliment, so thanks! (:  No cliffhanger this time, so you can put your mind at ease! I prefer summer clothes, it’s always so colorful! Aish, school never stops, does it? Just when you think you’re done for a while, it starts all over again. But later on we’ll probably realize that it was the best time of our lives, so try to enjoy your time too! Thanks for the ullzang!
 
See you all next update! <3