Chapeter 13

Twonkle as a star
Yuhi pov.
 
I was sitting in the living room with all my unnies, watching tv. Today the very first episode of Making the Artist will air. We were all holding hands when the final commercial ended and Making the Artist started. The screen flashed and we could see ourselves introducing ourselves.
"Aish, my hair looks awful!" Jade unnie commented.
"Your hair looks fine, but my make-up is all smudges at my right eye." Soojung unnie said.
"Girls, you both look great, and Soojung, I can't see anything smudged, so don't nag." Y.Jin unnie said, calming everyone down. We continued watching in silence and saw ourselves practicing.
"At least we are dancing in sync, but it's not a pretty image, us being all sweaty and stuff." Petra unnie said.
"At least they will see that we worked hard for this. Most fans will appreciate that." I answered.
"Yes, and that's the kind of fans we want right?" Xin agreed and we all nodded. We continued watching and the screen changed to our dorm, we were all awkwardly standing there until we Jade unnie and Petra unnie suddenly looked at each ther and ran to the kitchen, screaming something about cookies. The camera followed them, and we could see them getting cookies out of the oven.
"I remember those cookies! They were delicious!" Xin said.
We all nodded to show our agreement and continued watching the show. We could see ourselves get into the car, and Jade unnie got her camera out, to take selca's with Soojung unnie and me. It looked really cute, with all our aegyo posing. The episode ended with some of our pictures. They showed a little clip of Y.Jin unnie scolding us and us practicing aegyo, with the caption 'next episode.' When it really ended I started clapping and my unnies soon followed.
"We just made our variety debut!" Jade unnie squealed. She and Petra unnie then started doing some sort of victory dance. Soojung unnie quickly got up to join them, while Y.Jin unnie and Xin unnie just laughed at them.
"Come on girls, let's go to bed, tomorrow will be a long day." Y.Jin unnie said with a little wink at Soojung unnie, who squealed in response.
 
I woke up early the next day, and dragged Xin unnie out of bed, to meet up with Y.Jin unnie, Jade unnie and Petra unnie in the kitchen. Y.Jin unnie quickly started the meeting, being the leader and all, and she divided us in teams. I got paired up with Xin unnie, and we were in charge of decorating the place. Petra unnie had to buy two cakes, and Y.Jin unnie and Jade unnie went to buy snacks. Soojung unnie was still asleep, just as we had planned. We did a quick hwaiting and started doing our jobs. Xin unnie blowed up all the balloons, while I stood on chairs and put decorations everywhere. After about an hour our unnies came back, and we decided to wake up Soojung unnie. Jade unnie grabbed her camera and started filming. We walked into Soojungs bedroom and started signing.
"Happy birthday to you,
Happy birtday to you,
Happy birthday dear Soojung,
Happy birthday to you!"
She woke up and smiled brightly.
"Gomawo!" She sleepily said. Petra unnie grabbed her arm and almost dragged her out of bed, and while she awed over our beautiful decorations, we quickly prepared breakfast. We ate until our manager came and then left for practice. We would soon start recording our first mini album, and today we got the lyrics for our title song. We started practicing different ways to sing it, and after a couple of hours we went to our dance room, to meet up with A Pink and the crew of Making the Artist, as we would be practicing our joint stage for the last time, tonight we would be performing it. Namjoo from A Pink came running to us as soon as we stepped in, and quickly wished Soojung unnie a happy birthday, the rest of A Pink soon followed.
"Y.Jin, you will take Kibum's spot right?" The director of Making the Artist asked us. She nodded.
"Well, we'll be doing his first bit of the music video too, but instead of him getting dumped and then start singing, you'll be the one getting dumped by him, and then you'll take your place in 'super junior' and he'll leave. He will be here in about twenty minutes to practice." The director told her.
"K-kibum sunbae?" Y.Jin unnie stuttered, her eyes enormously big. The director just chuckled and nodded. We started practicing until the door opened and Kibum sunbaenim stepped in. We all immediately bowed, to indicate our respect. We took a break to get to know each other, and took it as an opportunity to eat a slice of the cake we got for Soojung unnie. We started practicing again, and I could definitely sense a little chemistry between Y.Jin unnie and Kibum sunbaenim. We finished practice and got in the car to drive to where we would perform. Kibum sunbae joined us in the car, and we all got along great. Soojung unnie fell asleep, she does that a lot, and we told Kibum sunbaenim about our plans to push a cake into her face, Super Junior style.
"You know, since Super Junior invented this, and you are from Super Junior, how about you take the honor and cake her, Kibum Sunbaenim?" Y.Jin unnie suggested. She immediately agreed and we started planning.
We arrived at the set and woke up Soojung unnie, then got our make-up done in our dressing room. Kibum was still with us, when the door suddenly shot open and a loud yell of Hyung was heared.
"Kyuhyun-ah! Good to see you again!" Kibum answered. Kyuhyun sunbaenim, Eunhyuk sunbaenim, Siwon sunbaenim and Yesung sunbaenim came in. All the Super Junior sunbaenims catched up together.
"Yah! Kyuhyun sunbaenim! Do you have any idea how long it took me to get all that pie out of my hair, you really are the evil maknae!" Petra unnie suddenly yelled.
"Yeah? So what ya gonna do about it?" Kyuhyun sunbaenim asked with a teasing twinkle in his eyes. Then he ran away, laughing. Petra unnie started chasing him, until our manager came in and stopped her because it was our time to get on stage. We started off nicely, with Kibum sunbaenim and Y.Jin unnie doing their own little play, before the rest of us came on and the song really started. It felt great to stand on stage together with A Pink, cause it really felt like we had bonded over practice. Soon enough it ended, and we started the dance battle. The audience could vote, and in the mean time we could go back to our waiting room. In the hallway I suddenly heard someone say my name, I looked around frantically until I finally spotted Sungjong oppa.
"Yuhi-ah! I haven't seen you for so long! Come on, you have to meet my hyungs!" He said way too fast, and he dragged me away into their waiting room. All of Infinite stared at me while Sungjong oppa introduced me. After that, a silence fell.
"Well, Yuhi-ah, good to meet you!" Hoya sunbaenim said, breaking the silence.
"Yeah, and welcome!" Sungyeol sunbaenim added.
"Thank you sunbaenims!" I said.
"Please, call us your oppa's!" Sunngyu oppa said. I nodded and they all started goofing around. I really enjoyed hanging with them, and we all got along great. Except for Myungsoo oppa, he just sat there with his mobile phone. That was really a shame, cause I used to have a little crush on him. But whatever, I'm not going to let this get to me. I'll just have fun with my other oppa's. After a little while it was infinite's turn to perform and I went back to our own waiting room, where Y.Jin unnie and Kibum sunbaenim where in a deep conversation, Petra unnie and Kyuhyun unnie in a fierce discussion, and Taemin sunbaenim had joined us too, and he was giving Xin unnie a massage. Soon enough we had to get on stage to hear the results of the dance competition, and to end the evening nicely for the audience. This was also when we had our little special event planned. We got on stage and waited for the MC to tell us the results. He made a really long story, about how great we all were, and then told us that we were really close, and nobody could actually decide who was better, so it was a tie. We nodded and bowed, then Y.Jin unnie stepped up to make a speech.
“Thank you for your lovely compliments, and thank you all for voting for us, we feel honored to be voted equally as good as A Pink, since we really look up to them. As some of our fans may know, today is Soojung’s birthday, and we have a special surprise for her!” She said. Right at that moment Kibum sunbaenim came on stage with the pie in his hand and smashed it right into Soojung unnie her face. She screamed loudly and threw a piece back. Everyone was laughing now, Xin unnie was even clutching onto Petra unnie so she wouldn’t fall over. We left the stage while the audience was clapping loudly, and went back to our waiting room, where Soojung unnie hugged everyone, even Kibum sunbaenim, to get some cake on us. Just as we left the building to get to our van, B2st left the building too, and they all congratulated Soojung unnie too. We waved them goodbye, and finally headed back to the dorm, all of us with a big smile on our face.
 
A/N
Happy birthday Jaimee/Soojung! It’s really late, and I’m not even sure if it’s still the sixth of June in your country, but it is in mine, so at least it’s still your birthday somewhere!
 
Now for the comment replies!
@Xinee16
Thank you so much! It might seem long, but that year will pass so fast, seriously, seventeen seems like the shortest year ever. Or maybe that was just for me, I don’t know. And September is only like four months away, right? You better start planning your birthday party! ;)
 
@Jaimee
Happy birthday to you too! I won’t do all of that at the same time, I promise. I value life way too much! You got caked too! Enjoy the rest of your day! <3
 
@Angela3414
Thankyouuu! Wow, that was really only a day apart. Even though it’s a while ago already (cause my updating speed is slower than a handicapped turtle), I still wish you a happy birthday. Sweet sixteen even, that is such a big mark in your life. Feeling sweet already?
 
@bitterswee-t
Well, they’re not kissing yet, but who knows what will happen ^^. Thank you so much, it was great. And I know, I wish I had that kind of tradition. Me and a couple of friends actually caked a friend once, but he hated it so much. Apparently, when it gets into your nose, it smells like puke. And it’s a lot to clean up.
 
And back to all of you, I’m really sorry for being such a slow updater, I feel like a failure. Forgive me?
And thank you so much for all the birthday wishes, it really made me happy on my special day ;)
Till next time lovelies! <3