Chapter 3

Twonkle as a star

Soojung POV

I woke up very early the next morning. I didn’t sleep well this night, probably because I’m nervous. I mean, today we are going to Music Core, for our debut. I slowly got out of bed, Y.Jin unnie, whom I share a room with, was still asleep. I decided to be nice, since I couldn’t sleep anyway, and make breakfast for everyone.

I was almost done when Jade entered the kitchen. “Hmm, it smells good in here, what are you making, Soojung unnie?” She asked me. “Breakfast!” I sang.

"Awesome, I'm hungry!" She said while yawning.
I smiled. "It's almost done, can you go and wake the others?"
Jade nodded and left the room, I could hear doors opening and sleepy voices.
I put all the food on plates, and sat down at the table. Yuhi was the first to walk in. "Good morning unnie." She said. "Good morning Yuhi! Are you ready for our debut today?" I asked. "Just don't talk about it okay, I am so nervous!" She replied. I was about to answer, but Xin walked in, and she started exclaiming that she was so hungry, so I gave her a plate with food.
The other girls walked in, all looking slightly nervous, and we ate our breakfast in silence.
"What time will our manager come and pick us up?" Jade asked Y.Jin unnie.
"He will be here in an hour, then we're going to practice one last time, and after that, it's show time!" She answered.
I finished my breakfast and put my plate in the sink. "I'll take a shower first, okay?" I asked.
They all just nodded, so I took a shower and dressed myself in my most comfortable practice clothes. We would get special stage clothes, so I didn't have to think about the concept for now.
While everyone took their turns showering, I decided to watch the morning news. There was nothing about our debut, but I hadn't expected it anyway. Just as I wanted to turn the TV off, I heard something about a youtube fail. I sat back down, listening to the broadcast about how youtube had a malfunction yesterday, causing all the views of videos to be wrong, and lots of videos were not visible. I sighed, of course this kind of thing happens on the day that our debut video is launched. I should have known that a million views were way too much for a first day, especially as a rookie. I turned off the TV, and sat down on the couch waiting for the other to be ready
Petra was the last to get dressed, and she was done just in time, cause when she walked in the living room, the doorbell rang, signalling that our manager was here.
We all walked downstairs and gathered in the van.
The ride was so silent, even our manager seemed slightly nervous.
The final practice went great, and before we knew, we were back in the van, driving towards the studio where Music Core would be filmed. I decided now would be a good time to tell the other girls about our not so great views from our music video. They all looked rather disappointed, but we made a promise that we would work hard so that we would reach a million views.
 
We arrived rather early, it would only start in three hours, but the place was already packed with people running around.
We were brought to our very own waiting room, and the sign 'Twonkle' on the door gave me a feeling of satisfaction.
We sat down on the chairs in front of the mirror, and soon the stylist unnies came in and started doing our hair and make-up.
When we were all looking pretty enough, we got our clothes, and were told to get dressed, and then wait for further instructions.
Jade got her camera out of her bag and told us that she wanted to make pictures of memorable events, like our debut. So we all posed really weird, and made a lot of cute selca's.
We were just goofing around a bit when suddenly the door opened and Kikwang came in, followed by Yoseob and Dongwoon. "Hello! I wanted to wish you guys luck with your debut!” He said. “That’s so kind of you! Thank you very much!” Jade said. I wanted to say something too, but I couldn’t, because Dongwoon was standing in the same room as me. He is like, my ultimate bias. The conversation went on, but I remained silent. I felt extra nervous now, because I knew Dongwoon would be watching our debut stage. After a while the Beast members left to get ready for their own performance. “Why were you so silent, Soojung, you’re normally not like that.” Y.Jin unnie asked me. “I’m nervous.” I lied. I wasn’t ready to tell all of them about my crush. We sat down in silence, for what seemed like a couple of hours, then our manager came back in our waiting room, telling us it was time for our debut.

We slowly stood up, and followed our manager to the main stage. My heart was beating crazily, and I could see the fear on the faces of my fellow members. Yuhi even looked a little green. We heard the MC’s calling us, and we walked on stage, wearing a bright smile, which felt totally fake. The music started and we started dancing. The four minutes that we stood there on stage went by so fast, and before I realized it, it was over, and we left the stage. I felt so happy, finally we debuted, and none of us messed up! Jade made a lot of pictures of all our happy faces, and then we went back to our waiting room, dressed in our casual clothes and went back home.

The other girls had a little celebration, but I was so tired that I went straight to bed, and fell asleep thinking of Dongwoon.

A/N

So here is chapter 3! Hehe, I had you all fooled with the million views, hadn't I?

I'm not too sure what is going to happen in the next chapter yet, so it might be a while before it's done.

Bye!