Chapter 4

Twonkle as a star

Jade POV

 

I woke up to the sound of laughter, but I couldn't make out whose it was. I turned around and drifted back to sleep, dreaming about our debut yesterday. I remember looking past the bright stage lights, to the crowd cheering behind them. I could only vaguely make out the shapes of humans, but I knew some of my closest friends would be in the crowd. They promised me, when I told them I was to become a trainee. As I heard the familiar music I danced my heart out. I actually really like dancing, it's one of my favourite aspects of becoming an idol.
As my dream went on, we finished our performance, and all those people clapping put a big smile on my face.
I woke up again, with the big smile of my dream still on my face. I got out of bed and left my room. When I got to the kitchen to get something to drink, I saw Xin smirking at me. "What's up?" I asked her, still feeling sort of sleepy. "Nothing, unnie." She replied, but she smiled so innocently that I didn't believe her. I decided to leave it for now, and focus on the important things. Like getting breakfast!
I decided for some fruit with yoghurt. Y.Jin unnie was no where in sight, so I thought it would be safe to get some yoghurt. She is very protective of yoghurt. I remember when we were still trainees and I got some of her yoghurt without asking her permission and she got so angry with me! I was really insecure then, and for a while I was seriously afraid to be around her. After a while I realised it was okay, as long as I didn't eat her yoghurt. But this wasn't really her yoghurt, we bought it together, so I suppose it's alright. Still, I only eat yoghurt when Y.Jin unnie isn't around.
After a delicious breakfast I took a shower. As soon as I walked in the bathroom, and caught a glimpse of my face in the mirror, I knew why Xin was laughing at me earlier. There was a huge moustache on my face. I sighed, and stepped in the shower, thoroughly washing my face. I wondered who did this. Probably Xin or Soojung unnie. They both love to play silly little pranks like that. I didn't really mind that they drew on my face. As long as I can wash it off.
I finished my shower and got dressed. I'm not sure what we are going to do today, but it's always important to look good, so I dressed fashionably. After dressing I looked in the mirror, and happily noticed that the moustache was gone. Then I went to the living room, where I found Y.jin unnie watching TV. "Where are the others?" I asked her. "Euhm, Soojung and Yuhi are still sleeping, and Xin and Petra are doing some grocery shopping." She replied. "Alright, and what's going to happen today?" I asked. "Yeah, our manager just called, we are going to shoot for 'Making The Artist' today! Also, he is coming around to make a real schedule for all of us, so we can easily see what the plans are!" Y.Jin unnie said. I was about to reply, but then the door opened and I focused on that. Yuhi came in, yawning, without mustache on her face. I was happy about that, because Yuhi is always a little insecure, and things like this can really get to her. We all wished each other a good morning, when Y.Jin unnie got a phone call. "Hello? Yes.. Alright.. Yeah, I'll tell them.. Okay, see you then! Bye!" She said to the phone. "We are going to shoot for 'Making The Artist' today, but only till later in the afternoon, so for now we can all do things we want, but we gotta be back here at two o'clock." She said to us. "Alright, I'll be in my room for a while, then." I said. I walked to my room and grabbed my phone. I wanted to give Yuri unnie a call. We have been friends for a really long time, and she is the one who convinced me to audition. I got in, and now I'm here. Just debuted as a member of Twonkle!
So I dialled her number, hoping she wouldn't be too busy.

"Hello, this is Yuri!"

 “Yuri! This is Jade! How are you?”

“Jade!  Wow, I can’t believe you debuted already, I saw it, you were so great! How do you feel now?”  She asked.

“It feels so great! When you are on that stage, and everyone is cheering, I felt so happy!” I answered her

“I know how it feels! But I have schedule now, so I have to go, say hi to your group for me, bye!” She said.

“Bye Yuri, let’s talk again soon” I said, then I hung up.


I sighed, so what could I do now? I decided to see what the others were doing, and stepped into the living room. Xin and Petra just got in form grocery shopping, so I helped with putting it all away.

“So, what are you guys going to do now?” I asked after we were done.

“I want to make chocolate chip cookies, but Xin doesn’t want to help, will you help me, Jade unnie?” Petra said.

“Yeah sure!” I answered her, and we started mixing for the dough.

As soon as we put the cookies in the oven, it was time to gather in the living room, for the staff of ‘Making The Artist’ would soon arrive. Our manager was already sitting on the couch, and we all sat down around him.

“Alright, so we are going to film ‘Making The Artist’ and I want all of you to act as naturally as possible. I know it’s difficult with all the camera’s around, but just try okay, be yourself! We are going to just film here for an hour or so, then we’ll go to the practice room, and you have to practice dancing and singing, and just play around a bit, alright?” He said.

“Let’s do this thing!” Y.Jin unnie said.

The doorbell rang, and our manager rushed to the door to open it. Soon the room was full of people and camera’s.

“Ok, first you have to do an introduction, and we start filming in 3,2,1!” Someone of the crew said.

"Hello! We are TWONKLE!" We said together.
"I am Y.Jin!"
"I am Soojung!"
"I am Jade!" I said while looking directly in the camera, giving a little bow, and then my sweetest smile.
"I am Petra!"
"I am Xin!"
"I am Yuhi!"
"Please support us!" We finished together.
Just as we were finished we heard a beep coming from the kitchen. Petra and I looked each other in the eye.
"The cookies are done!" We both said at the same time.
We walked into the kitchen, and one of the camera's followed us. We worked together as we got our cookies, which smelt delicious, out of the oven. We showed them to the camera, looking proud of our beautiful cookies.
We then packed our beautiful little cookies into a box, so we could take them with us, and eat after practice.
After that we left the kitchen and found the rest of the group listening to music and singing and dancing along, just for fun. I joined in, and before we knew it, it was time to practice. So we all got in the car, I brought my own little camera, and made some cute selca's with Soojung unnie and Yuhi.
When we arrived we went straight to the practice room. Xin started the music, and we went straight to practicing, very seriously. When our entire cd finished, and we danced all of them, our choreographer decided to give us a break. We all dramatically fell to the ground.
"So, how about those cookies?" Y.Jin unnie asked.
"Yeaah, can we have them now?" Yuhi asked.
"Alright, I'll get them!" I said, jumping up, showing the camera that I still had a lot of energy. I walked over to my bag, grabbed the cookies, and walked back to the girls.
"Cookie time!" I sang.
I gave them all a cookie, and before I grabbed one for myself, I asked our choreographer and the camera crew if they wanted one too. They didn't, so I ate one myself, and boy, they were delicious!
After a lovely cookie break, we went back to practicing, and we were all very playful, especially if someone made a mistake, we would all playfully hit her, with a big smile.
 
After practice we said goodbye to the camera crew, and they told us they would be back in a few days, to film more. We got home, ordered pizza, and after that, I decided to go to bed, because I was tired from smiling the entire time.
A quick peek on our schedule showed me that tomorrow would be a practice only day.
I fell asleep dreaming of seeing myself on TV.