Chapter 11

Twonkle as a star
Petra pov.
 
The crew came to pick us up and we got ready for the life stage. We just sat down in our chairs when we heard a knock on the door. I stood up and opened the door. I was greeted by a big camera right in my face, and I recognized the cameraman from Making the artist. I bowed and greeted him. He didn't say anything, he just gave me an envelope with a letter inside.
"What's that?" Xin asked me.
"A letter." I answered simply, while opening it.
"Read it to us!" Soojung unnie said while lazily lying on the couch.
"Hello Twonkle! The lovely crew of Making the artist has prepared a surprised for you! Since both Twonkle and A Pink debuted at the same time, fans have been having a hard time deciding who they like best. To settle this we have prepared a battle, together with a joint performance! Go there right now to meet them! Twonkle and A pink hwaiting!" I read. The girls were speechless for a little while, which, trust me, doesn't happen often.
"Alright, let's go then." Y.Jin unnie decided. We left our waiting room and started searching for A Pink's waiting room. We couldn't find it.
"Let's ask people, somebody has to know where they are, right?" Jade unnie said.
"Dongwoon oppa! Do you know where A pinks waiting room is?" Soojung asked, having spotted Dongwoon.
"Sure, I'll take you there!" He answered, and they started a conversation. She can say what she wants, but I could totally see her blushing just now.
We stopped before the door to A pinks waiting room, and we said goodbye to Dongwoon. Y.Jin unnie knocked on the door, which was quickly opened by Chorong.
"Annyeong! We were expecting you, come in!" She said while opening the door widely. We stepped inside and bowed.
"Hello! We are Twonkle!" We said in unison.
"Hello! We are A pink!" They said while also bowing.
"Since we both debuted around the same time, let's ne comfortable with each other." Y.Jin unnie suggested. A pink all nodded in agreement and I smiled.
"Our maknaes know each other already, right?" Soojung unnie said.
"Yes, we met at maknae rebellion." Yuhi said sweetly, while Hayoung looked like she smelled something bad. She probably farted, hehe.
"So, do any of you know what we have to do?" Namjoo asked.
"No, not really, some kind of battle? And a joint performance, but that's all we know." I said.
"Can we choose our own song for the collaboration? Cause then we should totally do Super Junior, since we are thirteen together now." Bomi suggested.
"Yes. It would be rude to not do that!" Jade unnie said.
We planned for a while, during which Making the artist kept filming us. After a while our manager entered the waiting room and told us it was time to perform. I swallowed, still slightly nervous, and followed him to the stage. We watched Infinite leave the stage, with all of them bowing, and Sungjong giving Yuhi a quick high five. We bowed back of course, then walked up to the stage, standing in our starting formation. The music started and I got into my zone. I danced in the back for a little while, until my part came on. I sang my line and winked at the camera, which brought on a couple of cheers. I felt really good after that, so the rest of our song felt awesome. We struck our ending pose and then bowed. We left the stage and went back to our waiting room once again. We were one of the last to perform, so we only had to wait like ten minutes before getting on stage to hear who won. We weren't really surprised to hear that snsd won, and we weren't sad that we didn't win. Or at least I wasn't. I felt happy enough that people cheered for us, seriously. We might win once, a lot farther into our career. And even if we won't, I'm happy doing this. Isn't that enough?
 
After waiting for a bit while Jade unnie talked to her old friends, we got back in our van and drove towards the hello baby house.
"Why are we going to the hello baby house? Are we filming again?" Soojung unnie asked.
"No, this is to get you girls used to the house." Our manager replied.
"Good, cause Daeunnie should be sleeping by now." I said.
We soon arrived and got out of the van and into the house. We went into the bedrooms, which weren't decorated this afternoon, and saw beds. Sadly, there were only 5.
"As leader, I decide that I should definitely have a bed." Y.Jin unnie spoke gravely.
"I call dibs on the bed by the window!" Xin yelled while hyperly running towards the bed.
"Can I have a bed too please?" Yuhi asked while yawning loudly. I nodded.
"You guys can have the beds, I'll take the couch, I love sleeping on couches, but you guys have to cook and do the dishes tomorrow!" I said. They laughed.
"That's a deal then, thanks Petra, I really wanted a bed." Soojung unnie answered. I just smiled and got my sleeping bag. We failed to notice the camera's in the upper corners of the room.
 
We went to sleep pretty soon after. I was peacefully sleeping when I suddenly woke up from a loud yell in my left ear.
"Wah! What's going on, where's the fire?" I said, still half asleep. Then I woke up a bit more and realized that our little Daeunnie was on the ground, laughing loudly.
"You sneaky little girl, you scared me." I said with a hint of laughter in my voice, while tickling her so she was laughing even more.
"Mianhae Petra umma." She said while smiling cutely and batting her eyelashes. It was a completely other side of her than I saw yesterday.
"It's okay." I cooed while pinching her cheek. "Go wake up the other umma's, and don't hold back!" I encouraged, which caused a cheeky smile to appear on her face while she saluted me and ran giggling towards the door to the bedroom.
I laid back down and enjoyed the noises coming from the bedroom. Soon enough Jade unnie came out to make breakfast, Xin to wash up and Soojung unnie with Daeun, to play for a bit. I joined them and we played around for a bit. When Jade unnie was down with making breakfast we all sat down to eat, Yuhi feeding Daeun.
After breakfast our manager came to take us to practice, but we could take Daeun with us, so we didn’t mind. We came into the practice room and as soon as Daeun came inside she stared in awe at the large mirrors.
“Do you like the mirrors, Daeunnie?” Xin asked her. She nodded in response, with hanging open.
“It’s because then you can see how pretty you are!” Yuhi cooed. Our choreographer came over to meet Daeun too, but after that we really had to get started, cause we have to win the dance battle against A pink. We practiced hard, but kept getting distracted by Daeun, who tried to dance along. I got the dance the quickest, being the dancer of the group and all, so I spent my time teaching it to Daeun, while the rest were still practicing. She was actually really good, you know, for a four year old. After everyone (except Daeun) really got it, we practiced it one more time. We were just finished when someone knocked on the door, and A pink came in with their manager.
“Hello! We’re here to practice for the collaboration!” Chorong said.
“Great! Let’s do this thing then!” Soojung unnie said.
“Umma, I have to pee.” Daeun suddenly whined.
“Come on, I’ll take you to the toilet!” Y.Jin unnie said, and together they left.
The rest of us got to know A pink a bit better, and we started brainstorming on a song. We had already decided that we would be doing Super Junior, but now we decided that it would be It’s you.
Y.Jin unnie and Daeun came back and we started practicing.
 
A/N
I enjoy writing Hello baby so much more than I expected, so be prepared to read about Daeunnie for a long time! (:
 
@bitterswee-t
They will do a lot with her, I promise! (: Yeah, they finally reunited, it was about time, right? Don’t you just looove hanging out with Shinee? I would, like totally.
 
@angela3414
But it’s awesome, right? But you better prepare, cause Daeun might just be cuter than Yuhi :O
 
@Jaimee
Good, I think I understand, so thank you! (: Yes, or worse, they plan it right after, so you have to spend the entire break studying, I hate that so much. Good, cause I’m not that familiar with ullzangs. I love it too! Your comment seems long already, but I love it! I should really be doing homework right now too, but oh well, it’s not that I can finish it anyway. (I kind of have to read three books for tomorrow, but I say hell no!)
 
Bye lovely readers! <3