Chapter 12

Twonkle as a star
Xin pov.
 
We were sitting in our Hello Baby house, and I was practicing by myself.
"Oh-oh-only for you, oh-oh-only for you." I quietly sang while trying out the chest popping movement. Since I was the rapper, I had gotten Eunhyuk’s part, but I was slightly struggling. Not too much, but I wanted to have this down for the next practice with A Pink, to show them how talented Twonkle is. Yuhi came in with Daeun just as the music for her part as Sungmin came up. She immediately started singing, causing Daeun to look up at her with wonder in her eyes. Yuhi finished and I started clapping, Daeun joined in.
"Wasn't Yuhi umma great, Daeunnie?" I asked her. She beamed brightly.
"Neh, Umma was good!" She exclaimed happily.
"Aawh, thanks Daeunnie! Do you want to come to our performance tonight?" Yuhi cooed. Daeun nodded full of enthusiasm.
"I think we should ask our manager first, before we make promises we can't keep." Y.Jin unnie said while she came in, just as Yuhi spoke.
"Neh, unnie, I'll ask him as soon as he's here!" She agreed. I stretched my arms out to Daeunnie and she came running to me. I started tickling her until her face was red from laughing too much.
"Umma stop!" She squealed. I gave in and stopped tickling, after which she sat up and awkwardly brushed some hairs out of her face. I heard Yuhi giggle because it was so cute.
Just then the door opened and our manager came in.
"Manager-oppa, can Daeun come to our performance tonight?" Yuhi asked, while clasping her hands together and batting her eyelashes innocently.
"Sure, let her come!" He instantly agreed. No one can resist Yuhi's aegyo except for me!
"Oh, manager-oppa! What are we going to do today?" Soojung unnie asked, coming into the room together with Jade unnie and Petra unnie. Petra unnie looked a bit down, but I wasn't worried about that. Today is her birthday, and we had decided to pretend we didn't know, so that our big surprise will be more fun.
"A lot! So hurry up!" Our manager answered. She nodded and quickly rushed to her room to get her practice bag.
Soon we were all in the van with Daeun safely between Y.Jin unnie and Jade unnie. They were telling her all about what kind of performance we would have tonight and she was listening with her little mouth hanging open. I stretched my arms and let out a little yawn. Being an idol is tiring, but I didn't feel like sleeping now. I decided to send Taemin oppa a text message.
'Annyeong oppa! What are you doing? I want to see you again! ^^'
I know it seems unlike me, but I like showing him my cute side, which only he gets to see. Seriously, the Twonkle girls don't even know that I can be like this. My phone gave a little buzz, signaling that Taemin oppa had texted back.
'Xin! It's a secret!^^ You'll see me sooner than you might think! Xoxo'
I smiled, which didn't go unnoticed.
"Oooh, are you texting Taemin oppa?" Soojung unnie asked while wiggling her eyebrows.
"Yes, but it's nothing important, he won't even tell me what he's doing." I pouted.
"DID YOU JUST POUT?" Soojung unnie yelled throughout the car, totally surprised.
"A-aniyo!" I stuttered.
"You totally did, you just did aegyo. This is such a special day, for multiple reasons." She said with a quick glance at Petra unnie, who perked up slightly.
"You're doing aegyo and Daeun is coming to our show!" She continued happily. Petra unnie slumped down again. This is so much fun.
We arrived at the studio where we were supposed to practice with A Pink, but as soon as the car pulled up I could see the cameras. I recognized some of the crew from Hello Baby, and that would make sense, since Daeun is with us now. We got out of the car and smiled brightly, Jade unnie even got Daeun to cutely wave. We got inside the studio and were quickly led to a practice room. We got a letter and Y.Jin unnie opened it.
"Annyeong Twonkle! To show Daeun and the audience that you are worthy mothers, give us a preview of your one personal talents. You have one hour to prepare in separate rooms. You cannot use your own specialty. Good luck!" She read out loud.
"Didn't we already prove it in the very first minute?" Jade unnie wondered out loud.
"I thought so too, but we ARE worthy mothers, so it shouldn't be a problem, right?" Soojung unnie reasoned.
"It is a bit more difficult, since we can't do what we are best at." Yuhi noticed.
"Let's just try our hardest, see you in one hour!" Y.Jin unnie said and left the room. We all waved at the others and left to our own practice rooms. We each got a cameraman to follow us around. I decided it was time to tell the viewers our little trick.
"So today is Petra unnie her birthday, but she thinks we all forgot. Seriously, you should have seen her in the car, she was so sad! But what she doesn't know, is that we have prepared a big surprise for her at our performance tonight. It's kind of like a hidden camera!" I told the camera excitedly. Then I started doing warm-ups, because I wanted to dance. My special trick to win this thing was going to be completely different from my usual image. I was going to do a very girly impression of Gee. None of my unnies will see THAT coming!
I used my hour well and I soon knew the dance routine well enough to perform. I did a quick Hwaiting to the camera and walked back to the practice room. I was the last to come in, but what surprised me most was that Taemin oppa was there too.
"Taemin oppa? What are you doing here?" I asked surprised, walking up to him. He spread his arms and I give him a quick hug. It felt right being in his arms for a bit, he smells really good.
"Because we are married and you are the umma, I am kind of Daeun's appa, so I'm here to judge which one of you is best." He answered. We decided that we would start with the oldest, and end with the youngest. So Y.jin unnie was first and she surprised us with a very funny gag dance. She is usually quite serious, so it was a really nice change. Next was Soojung unnie, she did a very y and powerful dance, which doesn't quite match with her sweet vocals, but which did kind of match with her personality. Jade unnie started rapping to Block B's freeze. She can actually rap better than I expected. Petra unnie surprised us with a hippie like song called 'I wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair.' She is sort of a hippie, so that wasn't really surprising. I did my version of Gee, with lots of cute winks and smiles. All my unnies laughed loudly, and Taemin was laughing so hard that it didn't even make a sound anymore.
Yuhi ended by rapping to Big Bang's Haru haru, and it was a really big surprise to hear her rap. When she ended we all looked expectantly at Taemin.
"I seriously can't choose, all of you guys were really great!" He said while still laughing a bit.
"It's okay, you can say that you liked Xin best, we all know that you are biased anyway." Petra unnie stated. Taemin oppa laughed awkwardly.
"Well, I did really like seeing your cute side." He said while looking me straight in the eye. I did some fail aegyo on purpose and they all laughed.
Our manager oppa came in and we were quickly rushed to Inkigayo for our performance, Daeunnie still with us, but already asleep. I made a secret pact with Taemin oppa so that he would help us out with Petra unnie's birthday surprise. Everything passed really quickly and before we knew it, it was time to perform. It was getting a habit now, so I could easily keep half of my mind occupied with the big surprise. When we finished we didn't leave the stage as usual.
"Hello everyone! Today is a very special day for Twonkle! It's Petra's birthday and we would like to officially congratulate us. Will you sing along?" Y.Jin unnie spoke to the audience and started singing the happy birthday song. I sang along and took a glance at Petra, who looked really surprised and really happy. Even her eyes were slightly wet. When we finished she bowed deeply and thanked everyone. We all left the stage and gave her a quick hug. As soon as we turned the corner to being backstage, Petra unnie was surprised again, this time by a big group of idols standing in front with us with a pie in their hands. Taemin had invited them all, because he knew more idols. I saw Super Junior, Girls Generation, Shinee, F(x), Infinite, Teen Top, U-kiss, Trax, After School, A Pink. It was a really big crowd, and they also sung her a happy birthday song. Then Kyuhyun oppa shoved the cake right in her face, which is kind of tradition in Super Junior.
"Yah! Sunbae! My hair is ruined now!" Petra unnie pouted. He just smirked and ruffled it, ruining it even more. Then Daeunnie came running on the scene, surprising everyone by jumping in Petra unnies arms. We ended the night with a little party and a lot of fun.
 
A/N Okay, it's my birthday and I just couldn't resist updating today and throwing it in there. I can now legally vote, buy all the liquor, drive a car and smoke weed. I'm not really going to do any of those, but I love how it's legal now.
If you want, you can tell me your birthday, and I'll try my hardest to make you guys a little birthday special too!
When the whole AFF problem happened, your comments were lost too, and I don't really remember them, so I can't really answer to them, but if you leave a new comment I'll promise to answer next time!
<3