Chapter 9

Twonkle as a star

Soojung pov.


We were in the middle of practicing the first quarter of the new dance, when the door burst open and Y.Jin unnie came in.
"Hi! I'll join the dance practice now, is that alright?" She asked while bowing at the choreographer. He nodded and we started again.
Soon after Petra came in and joined our dance practice. We danced for a while when our manager came in.
"Come on girls, we have to go to our next schedule now, you are performing on inkigayo tonight!" He said.
"But, Xin isn't here yet!" Y.Jin unnie said.
"Correct, she's still filming WGM, but Shinee is also performing tonight, so she'll drive with Taemin." Our manager explained. We nodded in understanding and walked to the van. I was sitting in the window seat, with Jade next to me.
"Soojung unnie, I'm so tired!" She playfully whined while pouting and showing some aegyo.
 "Is my not-so-cute little dongsaeng tired?" I cooed at her while slightly giggling.
Her mood instantly changed from playful to grumpy and she just looked at me with a sour face.
"Aish, I'm just kidding! You get so grumpy when you're tired, sleep on my shoulder, okay?" I said to lighten up her mood again. She nodded like a little kid and soon fell asleep on my shoulder.
I made eye-contact with Y.Jin unnie and we both giggled.
"Jade can be so dorky sometimes!" Y.Jin unnie said. I nodded then turned my attention to Petra and Yuhi who were sitting behind me, playing kai bai bo.
"Nooo! I can't believe I lost!" Petra exclaimed.
"Sorry unnie, but you're stuck with doing the dishes tonight!" Yuhi said while smiling.
Petra sighed and nodded.
 

We arrived at the studio for inkigayo. We went straight to hair and make-up, and I sat down and relaxed while the make-up unnies were working their magic on my face. When they were done, I went to the stylist unnies to get my clothes, and quickly wore them. After that we went to our waiting room. Since we were still rookies and we were only with six, we had to share our waiting room with another group, but we didn't know who yet. We just sat down when Xin walked in.
"Hi unnies! I'm quickly going to hair and make-up, and then I'll introduce my husband to you guys, okay?" She said. "Sure!" Jade answered, still a bit groggy from her nap in the car.
Xin smiled and left and I leaned back on the couch. The door opened and f(x) stepped into our waiting room. I instantly stood up and bowed.
"Hello sunbaes!" All of Twonkle except Xin said at once.
"Hi! Please be comfortable with me, call me unnie!" Amber said.
"Okay Amber unnie!" Y.Jin unnie said.
They both smiled. Then they started a conversation about Amber unnie's shoes or something. I looked around to see Yuhi chatting happily with Luna and Krystal, while Jade, Petra, Victoria and Sulli were having a conversation too. I sat back down and closed my eyes. The door opened again, and this time Xin came in, together with Taemin.
"Hello!" I said while bowing from my chair.
"Hi unnies! This is my husband, Taemin!" Xin said smiling brightly, Taemin just smiled shyly.
The other members greeted them too.
"You better take care of our Xin, or I'll kick your and I'll be really painful, so don't hurt her!" Y.Jin unnie said.
"I won't! I promise I'll take really good care of her!" Taemin said quickly.
"Unnieee! How could you say something like that?" Xin said, clearly annoyed.
"Don't be angry, she's just looking out for you!" Jade said.
"Xin, now that you're here, can we do a last choreography check?" Petra pleaded.
"Yes, please, let's do it, it feels so long since we practiced our dance together!" I said.
"Don't we have a lighting and sound and camera check on the stage soon, so we have to practice anyway?" Yuhi asked?
"It is with your fans though." Amber unnie said.
"I don't think we will have any fans yet who would actually do that." Y.Jin unnie said.
"True story!" Petra sadly said.
"So we'll practice then, when is it?" Yuhi asked.
"If I'm correct, we still have like half an hour left." Y.Jin unnie said.

"Alright, I'm going for a little walk then, anybody wants to come with me?" I asked.

"I'll come!" Y.Jin unnie said. I nodded and we went onto the hallway, just walking along the corridor, making corny jokes, which weren’t very funny, but we laughed anyway, as it kept our mind of the performance for a little while. I was walking backwards to make Y.Jin unnie laugh, when I bumped into something. I quickly turned around, to see Sooyoung from snsd.

“Mianhae sunbae!” I said while bowing repeatedly. It’s never wise to get on bad terms with a sunbae.

“It’s okay, you didn’t do it on purpose right?” She asked.

“No, sunbae! Of course not!” I said politely.

“Well, then it’s fine, accidents can happen! You girls just debuted right?” She asked.

“Yes, today is only our second performance!” Y.Jin unnie replied.

“Wow, good luck then, I’ll see you around sometimes, okay? Bye!” She said. We waved and she left.

“Yah, Soojung! How could you be so stupid! Watch out next time, if she got mad about it, we would have a big problem!” Y.Jin unnie scolded me, obviously still very shocked.

“Mianhae unnie! I’ll do better, I promise!” I said while smiling sweetly. She smiled back and we both started laughing from relief.

“What’s got you girls laughing so loudly?” Kikwang asked, suddenly arriving.

“Kikwang oppa!” Y.Jin unnie said surprised. “Omo! I meant sunbae! Mianhae Kikwang sunbae!” She said while bowing.

“It’s okay, you can call me oppa, I like it!” He chuckled.

“Okay then, Kikwang oppa!” I said, stressing the oppa part.

“I want you to meet the rest of Beast, come on!” Kikwang said enthusiastically.

We followed him to the waiting room were the rest of Beast was sitting.

“Guys, these girls are Y.Jin and Soojung from the new girlgroup, Twonkle!” Kikwang introduced us.

“Hello! Call me oppa or I’ll get really mad!” Yoseob said cutely.

“Hello! You better listen to him, he gets really upset otherwise.” Hyunseung said, chuckling slightly.

“Hello!” Junhyung said, going back to his game with Doojoon, who just waved.

“Nice to meet you.” Dongwoon said, looking for slightly longer than normal into my eyes, making my heart beat faster, and my cheeks heat up.

“Nice to meet you too.” I said, still holding his intense eye-contact.

“Yes, it’s really nice to meet you all, but we have to go for rehearsals now, bye oppas!” Y.Jin unnie said.

“Bye!” I said while waving. Then we walked away. We got to our own waiting room, where we picked up the other girls. We did a quick practice, getting used to the stage, the lights and the sound, before we got off and went back to our waiting room. Suddenly a camera was shoved into our faces, asking how we felt about our Xin getting married to Taemin.
"We are very happy for her! They match perfectly!" Jade said smoothly.
"Yesh, but Taemin-sunbae, you better not hurt our Xin, or else you will feel the pain Twonkle can cause!" Y.Jin unnie said.
"She means it, seriously!" I said.
"But please don't think badly of Y.Jin unnie, she just cares a lot!" Yuhi said.
"We actually support them a lot!" Petra said.
"Thank you unnies and Yuhi!" Xin said.
 The camera's left, and we went back to our waiting room, f(x) was rehearsing now, so we were alone.
"Sooooo, tell us Xin, how was your date?" Soojung unnie asked.
"It was nice!" She answered.
"Is that seriously all you're going to tell us? We. Want. Details!" Petra said.
"Okay, okay." Xin gave in.
"So I was supposed to act like I didn't know who I was getting married to yet. I met the crew and they gave me a picture of a guy, not Taemin oppa, but someone I didn't recognize, and the crew was like, find this guy, he will lead you to your husband. So I went around half of Seoul, showing people the picture, asking if they had seen that guy. We even have some fans, I took pictures with them. Also this weird dude in a pizza costume, which turned out to be key oppa! Then in the end I found the guy in the picture, and he started like quizzing me about dating and stuff, and then he said, you are good enough for my dongsaeng. Turns out he was Taemin oppa's big brother. So then I met Taemin, and we went to a Starbucks for hot chocolate and brownie. And you know, getting to know each other better. It was great, nothing special happened, but we had fun, he’s a really nice person. Then his manager came to pick us up, and we came here. It was rather awkward with the camera’s constanly in our face, but it was great hanging with him.” She said. I was about to ask more, but our manager suddenly came in, cutting off my words.

“There has been a slight change of schedule, tomorrow morning will be practice only, and in the evening another performance.” He said with a devious glint in his eyes. I looked at Y.Jin unnie with a slightly scared look in my eyes, he was obviously not telling something, and I didn’t know whether it would be good or bad.

We nodded, still slightly suspicious, and he walked out of the waiting room with a mysterious smile.

“That totally creeped me out.” Jade said.

“Same here, what’s he planning?” Petra said.

“Do you know anything about this, Y.Jin unnie?” Yuhi asked.

“No, I’m just as scared as you are.” She answered.

“You don’t know anything, with being the leader and all?” Xin asked.

“Really, no.” Y.Jin unnie answered.

“I guess all we can do is wait till tomorrow.” I said with a small sigh.

“I guess so..” Xin said.

“But let’s go to bed on time, so that whatever happens, we’ll be bright and fresh!” Y.Jin unnie said.

We all nodded. The make-up unnies came into our waiting room, to touch up our make-up and hair, I slightly dozed off, so I don’t know what happened next. Soon enough a crewmember came in, telling us that it was time for us to perform. We walked towards the stage and did a quick hwaiting, before stepping on with our bright smiles.

People applauded and it felt great. The music started and we started dancing and singing, giving it our all. The lights flashed over us and the audience, and I swear I saw a Twonkle fanboard, somewhere in the far back. I smiled extra brightly when we struck our ending pose, then we left the stage.

“I swear, I saw a fanboard.” I said.

“Really?” Yuhi asked with big hopeful eyes.

“I saw it too! Right up front, right?” Petra said.

“No, somewhere in the back.” I said, confused.

“Then we have two fanboards already!” Jade squeaked.

We did a little victory dance, then our manager brought us back to the dorm, gave us a salad, and told us to go to bed, still acting suspiciously. We listened anyway and went to sleep.

 

I woke up because Y.Jin unnie was shaking me.

“Yeah, yeah, unnie, I’m up!” I said sleepily.

“Well, get a shower and come get breakfast, we’re leaving early.” She said. I just grunted in response, before dragging my body out of bed, and into the bathroom. I took a quick shower and washed my hair. Then I got out and ate my breakfast. The other girls were talking about something, but I wasn’t paying attention, I’m not good with mornings and I was still half asleep.

Our manager came and took us to the make-up studio, were we got our make-up, hair and clothes done. Rather strange, seeing as we supposedly only had practice, and it added to the suspicion I had. It were still comfortable clothes though, so we just practiced comfortably, still not knowing what was waiting for us.

 

A/N

Hihihi, slight cliffhanger.

But I plan to update soon, because today I finished my exams for a while. And we got the rest of the week off, plus monday, so six free days! :D

Also, we don’t have ANY homework, so I totally plan on updating again.

 

Now comment replies! (:

 @Jaimee,

Yes it was! I was writing it, and it popped up in my head and I was like, whatever, I’ll just put it in.

Your exams are over now right? Yaay! Unless you just started a new stressfull period, which I hope not. Aawh, thank you! Yes, I do wish it was summer, but not only to be lazy. I just hate the cold, and I miss lying in my shorts and bikini top in the park with my friends, while making jokes and chilling. Thanks for your comment, loved it too! (:

 

@angela3414

Yes she is! Hihi, Yuhi is such a cutie with her aegyo! (:

 

@bitterswee-t

Yaaaaaaaay, another update! (:

It’s totally fine, I’m happy enough that you comment! Also, when I have almost forgotten about it, I get that awesome new story comments pop-up, making me happy again! (:

 

@xinee16

It’s totally fine if you comment a bit late, I update late too, so it’s only fair right? I hope I didn’t disappoint you with the date, I will write one out in Xin’s pov, but it’s difficult, so I’ll do it later. But I WILL do it, pinky promise!

 

See you next update, my lovely twinkling girls <3

ps. I'm thinking about making a poster, so if you would be so kind to send a picture or the name of your ullzang (doesn't have to be an ullzang, doesn't even have to be asian), then I can work on it. No hurry, just so it whenever you're in the moood! (: