Moving Into Korea

Hidden Love

"Nana! Could you come here for a while please? Your mum and I want to say something." called my dad.

I was writing on my diary in my room when my dad called me to come downstairs to the living room to say something. I went downstairs with heavy footsteps as I just came back home from school a while ago. I went down as my dad's voice sounded very serious and important. I went down, with my favourite pillow which is a cat pillow.

I went to the living room and saw my dad and mum were whispering and talking in a serious manner. I became curious and sat on the leather sofa.

“Yes Dad, Mum What is it that you want to talk about?”

“Umm… Nana , I actually don’t want to tell you this but I have no choice but to tell you. I hope that you will not be sad and angry when we tell you this.” My dad talked to me with a soft  and calm voice. I became more curious. What is it that my parents want to talk about? Why is the atmosphere so awkward?

“What?” I asked with curiosity.

 “Your Dad has been awarded a job overseas and-“ my mum stopped her sentence.

“And?” I asked.

“-we have no choice but to leave Singapore and live in Korea. We might be staying in Korea permanent or we might be going back to Singapore after a few years. We still don’t know yet. But there’s higher chances that we will be staying in Korea  forever.” Spoke my mum long winded with a face hoping that I would be easily accept their decision. But of course, NOT.

“FOREVER? IN KOREA? MUM, YOU SERIOUS? Then what about my school, friends and everyone else? Then I need to leave them forever?” I asked with tears in my eyes.

“Yes?” both mum and dad spoke together.

“What?!? That’s not fair!” I shouted with anger and ran back into my room, crying.

“I told you she would react like that.” Told my mum to dad.

In my room, I cried on my bed, thinking about my memories with my friends, everyone that I know and make history with. I now then appreciate those times with them. After thinking a couple of times to go to Korea and live there forever, I had no choice not to disagree to my parents decision. Well, if my Dad went there to work, my mum would follow my Dad to take care of him. Then I would be alone. Who will take care of me? I had no choice but to leave Singapore.

My Dad had bought  airplane tickets and we would be leaving Singapore in a week. So the rest of the week I had to say goodbye and farewell to all people who I knew. I even cried and my friends and teachers cried as the wont see me again anymore. Time flew by too fast. It came the day that I need to leave Singapore. At the airport, my friends all went there to see me for the last time. They hugged me and gave me  their last presents. They talked to me until I need to board the plane.

“BYE YOOU GUYS!!!! I WILL REALLY MISS ALL OF YOU-“ I waved my hands to them as I walked and tears flowing.

“I will really miss you guys…” I said to my heart.

 

* i know its kindda boring but it will get better