A Normal Day

When The Door Closes...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 Chapter 9

A Normal Day

 

Your POV

Sulli and I met at our lockers and we went to homeroom together. She kept apologizing for the whole job thing again, and I told her I would forgive her as long as she stopped apologizing.

Just before the bell rang, Sungjong came in and sat in the desk in front of us. "Morning," he grinned.

The rest of the girls in our homeroom looked at us with disbelief and envy.

Sulli squirmed in her seat uncomfortably. "Uh..morning."

I elbowed her and gave her a look that said 'don't worry'. "Morning, Sungjong," I beamed.

"So are you guys joining us for lunch again?" he asked.

"Oh...uh," I turned to look at Sulli and she bit her lip in return.

Sungjong chuckled. "If you guys are worried about girls going after you, don't worry, we won't let them harm you." He continued. "I've already asked the rest of Infinite and they all want you guys to join us again! We haven't had girls hang out with us in a while, and quite frankly I'm getting tired of the same old thing with the hyungs, haha."

Sulli muffled a laugh.

I nodded. "Okay then..." I faced her. "Right, Sulli?"

"Choi Jinri," Ms. Yang called as she was doing attendance by herself.

"Ne!" Sulli chirped.

"Then it's settled!" Sungjong grinned.

"W-what?" Sulli's eyes widened.

I laughed at her expression and the bell rang.

"Well I better get to class," Sungjong stated. "I have band and that's on the 3rd floor."

I gasped. "You have band? So do we!"

He beamed. "Really? Wow, I guess I'm glad Hoya convinced me to switch."

I looked at him, confused as we walked up to the 3rd floor. "I used to take jazz band instead of concert since in jazz, there would pretty much always be a keyboard or piano part. Now I'll have to get used to playing xylophone and stuff, haha."

"Hoya's in band right now too?" Sulli asked him.

"Yea, for percussion," Sungjong answered and raised his eyebrow teasingly. "Why? Wish it was Woohyun hyung?"

Her cheeks flushed and I giggled as we stepped into the band room.

***

"Jung Soojung," the teacher called.

"Here!" I raised my hand.

"Instrument?" he asked.

"Flute," I answered.

He marked it down and proceeded down the list of students.

Then came, "Lee Howon."

No one said anything.

"Lee Howon," he repeated.

Everyone looked around and whispered, but no one rose their hand.

"I'm here! I'm here!" a voice exclaimed.

Hoya came into the room, panting as he came to sit with the three of us. Oh, his real name's Howon?

"Why are you late?" the teacher asked him, displeased.

"I uh..."

"Oppa!" a high-pitched voice shouted.

Hoya groaned as Baek Jiyoung walked in, and the room went silent.

"Who are you?" the teacher asked her, even more unhappy now.

"Hoya's girlfriend," she smiled coyly. "Baek Jiyoung."

"Girlfriend? Pffft," Hoya scoffed quietly, but it was loud enough for everyone to hear since no one else was uttering a word.

The class stifled their laughs and the teacher held up his hand to silent us. "Not on the class list," he said. "Now please leave before you disturb us any further."

"But---"

Sungjong couldn't take it anymore and he ran to the door and slammed it in her face. He came back down to sit next to Hoya who mumbled a 'thanks' to him.

"Lee Sungjong," the teacher continued.

After attendance finished, we all sat with our own sections and took out our instruments. I opened the case of my rusty, old flute and assembled it. I had gotten it when I was very young before my parents died, and although it looked pretty broken, it still worked and it was probably one of the most expensive things I owned.

Thankfully, Sulli was also a flute player, so I didn't feel so alone.

"Some of you may know already, I'm Mr. Choi, not Mr. Cho, he's much younger," Mr. Choi said, earning a few laughs here and there.

He got us all to tune, and then we played multiple scales together. Throughout the whole class, Mr. Choi would scold us and yell at us saying we were horrible musicians. I cringed every time he shouted, but no one else was affected by it. I take it that they've all gotten used to it over the years. Hope I will too. Yikes, he's scary.

We then sight-read a piece. I loved sight-reading, so I played much louder. However, as I did so, I could see Mr. Choi's eyes on me from the corner of my eye, and I immediately lowered my volume. He looked away, and I heaved a sigh of relief when the song ended.

At the end of class, he then told us that we'd be having a test on Monday. He gave us each sheet music for the same short song, and we'd all be playing it for him individually on Monday, which was in... 6 days?!

Before I could ask any more questions, the bell rang and we were dismissed.

As I put my flute away and my music into my folder, Hoya and Sungjong came over to us. "What do you girls have next?" Sungjong asked.

"Gym," Sulli and I answered at the same time.

"Pay up," Sungjong smirked, turning to face Hoya.

Hoya groaned and pulled out 10,000 won from his pocket, handing it to his dongsaeng.

Sulli stared at them confused and Sungjong explained. "I bet Hoya that he'd have the same class as Krystal."

"Again?" I gaped.

"Wow, do you not want to be in my class or something?" Hoya pouted jokingly.

I laughed. "What do you have next Sungjong?"

"Spare," he grinned. "Sunggyu hyung and Dongwoo hyung both have a spare too, so we're going for a bubble tea run."

He looked at his watch. "So I guess I better get going before he kills me, see you guys at lunch!" He waved goodbye and left.

"We should go too before we're late," Sulli noted.

***

"Ready, S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter