Homeroom

When The Door Closes...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

Homeroom

Bzzzzt!

Krystall slammed her alarm clock and forced herself out of bed. Remind me why I looked forward to today? She groaned.

She really hated mornings. I don't get how people think teenagers can function before noon. 

She took a quick shower and changed into her school uniform. She went out into the kitchen to eat some breakfast to satisfy her empty stomach until lunch break. After eating a bowl of cereal and a banana, she went into the washroom to comb her hair and brush her teeth.

She grabbed her bag and went downstairs to the apartment parking lot. Although it was a parking lot, there were more bicycles than cars, since everyone who lived there was almost as poor as Krystal. Heading over to one of the many bike racks, she unlocked the chain and rode her bike out. She could bus to the academy instead, but it wasn't Winter yet, so she wanted to save money.

She finally got to Woolim Academy. After locking her bike to one of the only two bike racks provided, she stood at the entrance and gazed up at the huge sign. I can't believe I'm really here. She awed.

Taking a huge breath, she gathered all of her confidence and walked in. The second she stepped through those doors, all of her courage disappeared. Everywhere she looked, people were talking and laughing with each other, squealing when they were finally united with their friends.

And then there was Krystal. The awkward, lonely girl who had no idea where to go.

As she walked through the halls trying to find her homeroom, people were staring at her. Some girls even glared at her and whispered to their friends. Krystal ignored them and kept walking. Thankfully, she felt a vibration in her blazer pocket and took out her phone. "Yoboseyo?"

"Hey Krystal!" Sulli's cheerful voice resounded, "Just wanted to ask if you're at school yet. Well, you really should be since there are only a few minutes until we're all supposed to be at our homerooms."

"Yea, I am. But er, are you in homeroom already?"

"Yep! You can't find it?" Sulli asked.

Krystal bit her lip sheepishly. "Hehe, nope."

"Where are you right now?"

"Uhm," Krystal looked around and spotted the cafeteria nearby, "Oh! I see the cafeteria"

Sulli gasped. "You're still on the main floor? Our homeroom's on the second floor!"

"Oh..."

Sulli laughed. "Wait there, I'll meet you downstairs."

"Okay, thanks, Sulli!" Krystal smiled.

"No problem," Sulli replied and hung up.

What would I do without her? And it's only been fifteen minutes since I got here! Krystal sighed.

After two minutes or so, Sulli found Krystal. "Hey! Ready for your first day?"

"No! Why didn't they say anything about my homeroom being on the second floor?" Krystal pouted.

Sulli laughed. "Oh yea, haha. For the new first-year students, they always give out forms with all the information about stuff like that. But since you skipped a grade, I guess they forgot you were new."

"Great. I'm not going to know where anything is," Krystal frowned.

"Don't worry! Let's get to homeroom and ask Ms. Yang for the school map," Sulli suggested.

The girls went upstairs and Sulli led Krystal to their homeroom. The sign on the door indicated that this was the composing classroom. Ms. Yang is teaching composition? Cool! I have that in my schedule somewhere. Krystal remem

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter