The Start of Everything

When The Door Closes...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Chapter 8

The Start of Everything

***at Sulli's house***

Your POV

"Want a drink or snack?" Sulli asked as I sat down at the table in her kitchen.

"Water's fine," I replied.

She poured two glasses of water and placed them on the table. "Thanks," I said as she sat down.

"So, what did you want to talk to me about?" I asked.

She gulped her water down and cleared . "Well...about what happened at lunch..." she trailed off.

I nodded and she continued. "I'm sorry I lied to you," she looked down guiltily.

"It's okay," I smiled. "But why did you?"

"Well, I was afraid," she bit her lip.

"Afraid of...?" I pried.

She sighed. "If you become my friend, others will hate you. Part of the reason why people bully me is because I'm family friends with Myungsoo and the girls are always jealous. If you hang out with me...they're going to bully you as well. If you found out about this, I was afraid you would stop being my friend."

I blinked, shocked. That's why those girls bully Sulli? What jerks!

"I'd never do that," I told her.

"I know that now," she smiled. "But I've been tricked before, so I'm always cautious now."

"Tricked?" I blinked.

"People tried to befriend me to get closer to Infinite," she explained.

"I understand," I nodded. "What's the other reason?"

"Well..." she chuckled. "It's kind of related to Myungsoo again. Since my family can't afford it and Myungsoo's parents are rich, they offered to pay my tuition fee for Woolim Academy. I refused of course, and luckily I ended up getting a scholarship anyways. But everyone thinks I got in because of Myungsoo, since his parents have multiple connections, so people assumed they talked to the head of Woolim to give me a scholarship."

"Wow! Did Myungsoo tell them it's not true?" I wondered.

"I don't think so, since it'd be weird if he talked about me when we avoid each other," Sulli pointed out. "And besides, the main reason people hate me is because I'm friends with him. If he starts defending me, people will just hate me more."

She frowned. "And now that we sat with Infinite in the cafeteria in front of everyone, not only me but you're also going to be in for some trouble tomorrow."

"Is that why you never actually talk to them?" I asked.

She nodded. "But in all honesty, I'm not close to any of them except Myungsoo. But then again, I'm not that close to him anymore. I was when we were younger though."

She cringed at her next thought. "Our parents are best friends, and they had always tried to get us together, saying we were going to get married when we grew up. Neither of us liked each other that way though."

"Why aren't you guys close anymore now?" I asked, curious.

"I don't know," she admitted. "He's been really cold lately, not just to me but to everyone. I don't know what's gotten into him. He used to be such an outgoing, friendly person."

I took a sip of water. Myungsoo... being friendly? Now that's something I'd love to see.

"So you're not close to any of the others? Not even Woohyun sunbae?" I smirked.

"W-what?" she blushed. "No."

I laughed. "You so like him!"

"I barely know him!" she denied, cheeks getting redder by the second. "And what about you and Hoya, hm?"

"I just met him 4 hours ago!" I pointed out.

"And you guys seem to be getting a long pretty well already," she shrugged. "You even went on a date!" she exclaimed, pointing an accusing finger at me.

"It wasn't a date, he was just being friendly," I stated. "They're all really friendly!" I added.

"Yea, they are," she agreed.

I looked up and saw a clock on the wall from the corner of my eye. I turned my head and gasped, standing up instantly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter