Partners

When The Door Closes...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Chapter 6

Partners

Hoya's POV

Once I finished changing into sweats, a wife-beater, and my black hoodie, I went over to the girls' washroom to wait for Krystal. As I waited outside, I started to think about what happened at lunch.

***flashback***

"Aish, are you kidding me?!" Sunggyu exclaimed as we walked over to our regular table in the cafeteria. He and I had already bought our lunch.

"What? You're not very good at sports, hyung," Dongwoo shrugged.

"What happened to picking your friends first?" Sunggyu frowned.

Sungjong laughed, "Since when do you treat us like your friends and not your slaves?"

I chuckled and Sunggyu slapped him on the back of his head. "Owww," the maknae whined.

The girls immediately rushed over to Sungjong with worried expressions. "Sungjong-ah, kwaenchana?!" some noonas cooed.

Sungjong looked terrified and he grabbed onto Dongwoo. "I'm fine! I'm going to go buy my lunch now so bye!" And he quickly ran off with his hyung.

Sunggyu smirked, amused and we sat down. The girls always wanted to sit with us, but we rejected them every time so they didn't bother asking anymore. Instead, they decided to sit at tables close by and observe us. Creeps. We were used to it though.

"Well, you are loser-gyu," I teased Sunggyu.

He looked up and glared at me, but I just laughed. "What? It's true!"

After a few minutes of silence, Myungsoo, Sungyeol, and Woohyun came with their lunch trays. Myungsoo and Sungyeol sat beside Sunggyu while Woohyun sat next to me.

"Aw man!" Sungyeol exclaimed.

"What now?" Sunggyu asked him.

"I forgot to grab ketchup packets," he pouted and turned to Myungsoo. "Want to come with me to go get some?"

Myungsoo rolled his eyes. "Why can't you go by yourself?"

"Duh! Because the girls are going to attack me!" Sungyeol covered his eyes in fear.

"I'll go with you, I forgot to get a straw anyways," Woohyun offered.

"But I need someone more goodlooking than me," Sungyeol sighed, causing the others to laugh at Woohyun.

"Come on, Myungsoo. Please?" Sungyeol attempted to use aegyo on Myungsoo.

"Flattery at its best," Myungsoo rolled his eyes, but gave in and stood up.

"Yay!" Sungyeol grinned.

"Hey, I'm coming too!" Woohyun ran to them.

Once they left, Sunggyu stifled a laugh. I raised my eyebrow at him and he smirked. "Does Sungyeol really think Myungsoo is the only one who's more goodlooking than him?"

I chuckled and shrugged. "That's our choding for ya."

After a while, Myungsoo and Sungyeol came back. "Where's Woohyun?" Sunggyu asked them.

"Huh?" Sungyeol turned around, "Oh, he's probably coming."

After a minute or so, Woohyun returned not only with his straw, but Sulli and another girl. What's this hyung up to now?

"Woohyun...?" Sunggyu gaped.

Myungsoo looked up from his lunch and his eyes widened slightly. "Hyung, what are you doing?"

"What? I invited them to eat with us," he replied, pulling down Sulli.

Is this hyung actually starting to have a thing for Sulli? We barely know her - well, minus Myungsoo.

I turned my attention to the other girl. Hey... wait a second...

Then it hit me.

"Hey, you can sit here," I told her, scooting over to make room.

"Thanks," she replied.

I smiled, "No problem. I'm Hoya by the way."

Although everyone was surprised at the sudden show of girls at our table, we all made conversation with them.

And, I realized she didn't recognize me. Oh well.

"Hey, who took our---" a voice paused, "Oh, Krystal!"

I followed the voice to see Sungjong and Dongwoo back with their lunches. "Hi, Sungjong," Krystal smiled.

Dongwoo sat down beside me and started devouring his food immediately. She knows him?

Sungjong rolled his eyes at Dongwoo and sat beside Sungyeol. "Well, nice to see you again," he grinned at Krystal.

"How do you know her?" I asked.

"She's in my vocal class," he explained casually.

"Ah, so you're a second year student? I haven't seen you around before," I pointed out.

"Yea, haha," she explained. "I'm a new student but they put me in second year."

"Because she's some smartypants," Sungjong teased.

Beauty and brains.

"No," she shook her head, blushing.

"Where did you come from?" I asked, curious. She doesn't seem like she's lived here her whole life.

"Canada," she replied.

I glanced at Myungsoo and saw him flinch at her response. Get over it, man.

As they kept talking, I caught Myungsoo sneaking glances at Krystal. She's not the same girl, dude. I shook my head to myself and turned to Krystal.

"Hey, where's your lunch?" I asked, noticing the empty spot on the table.

"Oh, uh I dropped it," she replied.

I pushed my tray over to her. "Have some of my fries then."

"That's okay, I'm not hungry," she declined.

Suddenly, a loud growl sounded. "Hehe, oops," Krystal looked away, her cheeks pink.

Haha, how cute. 

"Just eat it, Hoya's offering sincerely," Sungjong explained. "He has dance next so he doesn't like eating too much right before."

"Oh, you have dance next? So do I!" Krystal grinned.

Yes!

"Cool! Let's go together right after then," I suggested.

"Sure!" she smiled.

***end of flashback***

"Hoya-ssi," a voice said, tapping my shoulder.

"Huh?" I snapped out of it to see Krystal next to me wit her gym bag slung on her shoulder.

She was wearing black shorts, a white tank top, and a purple crop top over it, outlining her thin waist. Her wavy hair was tied up into a ponytail and boy, did she look downright cute and y at the same time. Lots of girls looked cute, but they had th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter