Ice Cream

When The Door Closes...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Chapter 7 

Ice Cream

 

 

Your POV

I followed Hoya through the streets of Seoul, passing by many convenience stores and small restaurants. "We're here," Hoya said, holding the door for me.

I looked up at the sign to find out that the parlour was called 'Ice Cream Heaven.'

"Haha, what a cheesy name," I laughed.

"Well it fits the store," Hoya grinned, "it really is ice cream heaven!"

We walked over to the counter and looked at the array of ice cream buckets displayed. I looked up at the menu and read through all the lists of flavours, toppings, and sizes. 

"What do you usually get here?" I asked Hoya.

"Taro ice cream with vanilla topping," he replied without even glancing at the menu.

I cringed, "That sounds kind of...gross, haha."

"Yea, but it's really good," he insisted.

A waitress came up to the cash register. "So what would you like to order?"

"Large taro ice cream with vanilla topping," Hoya answered.

"Cup or cone?" the waitress asked as she pressed buttons accordingly.

"Cup," Hoya replied.

The waitress then turned to me.

"Uh," I hesitated as I looked at the prices of each size, "I'll have a small banana ice cream with chocolate topping."

"Just a small?" Hoya asked.

I nodded.

"It's on me, so make it a large," he told me and handed the waitress his credit card.

"What?" I gaped, "but---"

The waitress gave him back his card and he shoved it in his wallet before putting it in his bag. "Too late," he teased.

"Your order will be right with you," the waitress left us and started to prepare the order.

We went over to one of the tables by the window and sat across from each other. "Next time, I'm buying," I stated, feeling guilty.

He chuckled. "It's okay, the combined order was only about 15,000 won."

That's a lot of money to me...

I sighed.

"Don't feel ashamed, I'm your sunbae and oppa. Of course I should be paying for you," he smiled, "besides, I'm the one who asked you to hang out with me, so it's the least I can do."

We chatted for a few more minutes and our order came. The waitress placed our cups of ice cream and spoons down on the table, bowed, and left to attend to other customers.

I took my spoon and tried some of my ice cream. My eyes rounded and I grinned, swallowing. "Wow, it is good!"

He smirked. "See, told you so." He held out a spoonful of his taro ice cream to me. "Want to try mine?"

I bit my lip and giggled. "Are you sure it's not going to kill me?" I joked.

"Hey, I've eaten this probably a hundred times and I'm still here!"

I chuckled and accepted it. As I sat there, tasting the sweet coldness in my mouth, he waited for my reaction. "So...?"

It's yummy. I shrugged. "Well, it didn't kill me."

He rolled his eyes. "Oh, come on! I know you like it."

I smiled. "Okay, it was good," I admitted.

He laughed and starting eating it himself. "Of course it is, it's purple!"

We kept talking and laughing while eating our ice cream. He asked for my number so that we could text each other about that dance project, so I obliged. The second number I've obtained upon entering Woolim Academy.

"So, why did you decide to enter Woolim Academy?" I decided to make small talk.

He thought about it for a bit. "I loved dancing, and I thought about making becoming a dance teacher. But then, I met Infinite and we made a band for fun. That's when I realized my love for playing the drums as well. I had chosen drumming as a course in fi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter