Disaster or Destiny?

When The Door Closes...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Chapter 10

Disaster or Destiny?

Your POV

After homeroom, I separated from Sulli and went to vocal class with Sungjong.

Once we took our seats, Sungjong started making conversation. "How was Chinese class yesterday?"

"Wasn't so bad, I wish we were in the same class though," I frowned.

"Yea, why do I have to have it in period four," he agreed.

The bell rang and Mr. Cho walked in a second too late. "Ha, you're late, Mr. Cho!" Sungjong stood up from his seat.

The class laughed and Mr. Cho walked to the front of the class with a stack of papers in his hands. "Well sorry, I was too busy marking your papers!"

A female student gasped and whispered. "He's done already?!"

"Yes, I am," Mr. Cho answered, able to hear her. "And I must say, I'm both disappointed and amazed at some of the work this class has given me."

"Well at least it balances out then," Jiyoung smirked behind me, causing her friends to giggle.

"Baek Jiyoung," Mr. Cho raised his voice. "I guess you want yours first, huh?"

She gulped. "I... uhm..."

And Mr. Cho held her paper up for the whole class to see, the big fat 'C-' shown to all. "Come get it," Mr. Cho said, not even looking at her.

I heard Jiyoung curse under her breath before she scurried to the front to retrieve the paper, causing the class to stifle their laughs.

I hope he doesn't hold up everyone's marks. 

He continued handing them out to all of the students, not revealing anyone else's mark after Jiyoung's. "Jung Soojung," he said.

I stood up from my seat, and before I could walk up to the front, Mr. Cho held my paper firmly in the air. "Very well done," he smiled.

I quickly ran to the front and grabbed it from him. "Uh, haha...thank you," I bowed.

Once I returned to my seat, Sungjong gaped at me. "A+?!" he exclaimed out loud before lowering his voice. Darn it. "Mr. Cho never, and I mean never gives out A+'s on assignments like this," he whispered.

I shrunk in my seat as I heard the rest of the class whisper around me. "What did you get?" I asked, wanting to get the attention off of me.

"A-," he replied. "And I'm not bragging or anything, but that's considered high. No one in my year gets higher marks than me on written assignments in vocal class. Well, except for one person, but I don't know who since the marks are usually kept private."

"Haha," I laughed awkwardly.

"Guess I've got to work harder now that I have competition," he joked.

***

"You all pumped up for second period?!" Ms. Yang exclaimed, attempting to make us have more energy.

The class groaned in response and she rolled her eyes. "Fine fine," she laughed. "First, please turn and face your group members."

We did as told, but Sulli wouldn't look up at Myungsoo or Sungyeol. "Sonsaengnim?" the girl that wanted to switch seats with us asked. "Can I---"

"No you may not switch groups, Eunyoung," Ms. Yang cut her off.

Eunyoung sighed and glared at me before facing her group again.

"So like I said, we'd be breaking into discussions today," Ms. Yang continued. "I want you to tell each other what you do when you start composing a song. And if you haven't composed songs yet, tell them what you plan on doing then." She wrote the instructions on the board. "Okay, you may begin."

I turned around to look at Myungsoo and Sungyeol again, but Myungsoo had his face buried in his arms on his desk. I frowned. "Uhm..."

"Don't mind him," Sungyeol cut in. "He's always tired."

I nodded while Sulli fiddled with her pen. "So Sulli," Sungyeol stated. "And Krystal, right?"

I nodded again. "What do you guys do when you compose songs?" he asked.

Sulli answered him and the both of us took down a few points in our notebooks. Sungyeol then told us what he does and we did the same.

"And you, Krystal?" Sungyeol asked, smiling.

I thought about it. "I never forced myself to sit down and write a song," I started. "I just write whenever something comes to me. I go on what I feel, and I try to express it through the lyrics and/or melody."

Sungyeol nodded. "I think this is something we all have in common then. None of us forcibly write." He elbowed his friend next to him. "Myungsoo, it's your turn."

We waited patiently for his response, bue he just groaned.

Sungyeol rolled his eyes. "Myungsoo is an amazing song-writer. In Infinite, the songs are usually written by all of us, but I've got admit, it is mostly Myungsoo."

My eyes widened slightly, shocked. Myungsoo? This cold, mysterious guy who rarely speaks, writes songs?! And a lot?!

"I know, it's hard to believe, eh?" Sungyeol joked, noticing our expressions. "He gets his inspiration from---"

At that moment, Myungsoo lifted his head out of his arms and glared at Sungyeol. "Shut it."

Sulli and I gasped, startled, but Sungyeol seemed unaffected. "Least that got you to wake up."

The rest of the class went on with more discussion time as Ms. Yang continued to write more topics on the board for us to talk about.

At the end of the class, she handed everyone a piece of paper with our assignment on it. We were to pick any song with lyrics that are meaningful to us, and explain why they're meaningful and what listening to the song does for us.

"Don't worry about finishing this just yet, I haven't set a due date and you will also get class time for it tomorrow," she added, just before the bell rang.

Myungsoo immediately stood up and left the room. Sungyeol apologized to us before quickly leaving to follow him.

***

We walked into the cafeteria and I looked around for Infinite. "You always bring your lunch now," Sulli noted.

"Haha, yea," I replied. It's cheaper than buying it.

She nodded and we heard someone shout. "Krystal, Sulli, over here!"

We whipped her heads around and saw Sungjong standing up a table, waving to us. The entire room went silent, and the only sound that was heard was our footsteps as we approached their table.

Sulli took a seat at the end of a table that just happened to be beside Woohyun. Hoya scooted over for me and I sat next to him, across from Sulli. "Hey," he smiled.

And with that, the caf erupted into conversation again.

"So Krystal, Sulli, have any idea on what song you're going to pick for that assignment in comp?" Sungyeol asked as he munched on some fries.

"There are too many good songs out there," I replied. "How about you?"

"I was thinking about using one of our own songs," he smirked. "But we have so many amazing songs, I can't choose!" he joked.

Sulli laughed, causing her to choke on the water she was drinking. Woohyun patted her back instantly. "Whoa," he chuckled. "Are you saying our songs aren't amazing?!" he gasped at Sulli.

Sulli continued to cough and Woohyun smiled. "Okay, nevermind, don't answer that," he said, pushing her water bottle over to her again. "Drink some more water to clear your throat."

I smiled at the scene and pictured them holding hands and doing all the cute things that couples did. I can so see that happening.

"I'm pretty sure using our songs would be cheating anyways," Sunggyu stated.

"I had composition in first period and I already asked Ms. Yang about using our own songs," Hoya admitted sheepishly. "It's a no."

Sungyeol pouted and groaned in disappointment. "Aw man, now I have to actually do some work."

"Come on, dude, you should see the assignments we get in 4th year comp!" Dongwoo scoffed. "Don't complain."

"Yea, you guys have it easy," Woohyun stated. "Especially with Ms. Yang."

"While we're stuck with Mr. Choi," Sunggyu shook his head. "There's a reason why I don't take band, but now I'm stuck with him for composition too? Ugh."

"No, the reason you don't take band is because you can't play an instrument," Myungsoo muttered, causing all of the dongsaengs to laugh at their leader.

"But what's wrong with Mr. Choi?" Sulli asked innocently.

"What's wrong with him?!" Woohyun exclaimed.

"He's one of the scariest people I've ever met," Dongwoo stated, shuddering.

Sulli blinked. "He is?"

"I just met him this year and even I think he's scary," Sungjong pointed out. "Agreed, Krystal?"

I nodded. "He does seem kind of mean..."

"Kind of?" Sunggyu scoffed. "Try 'out to kill us!'"

"Plus, Sungjong is never scared of anything," Hoya added. "But now he's finally met his match."

Sungjong stuck his tongue out at Hoya. "Why did you convince me to take concert band instead of jazz..." he buried his head on the table.

"Haha, relax, it's only been one class," Hoya chuckled, patting the maknae's back.

"It's only the beginnninggggg," Dongwoo said in a low, scary voice.

Sungjong lifted his head out of his arms and threw a fry at Dongwoo's face, but his hyung just took it and ate it. "Can I have another one? I'm hungry and I already finished my lunch!" he pouted, looking down at his empty tray.

"No," Sungjong stuck his tongue out.

Aw, and to think I thought Dongwo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter