First Guy Friend

When The Door Closes...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3

First Guy Friend

Krystal headed to a classroom nearby labelled "vocal class." She crept into the room and took an empty seat next to the window. Oh great, the desks are in groups of two. Time to be a loner! She placed her bag on the chair next to her and sighed, relieved that she didn't trip or anything.

Most of the students were in class already, but the teacher wasn't. There were still two minutes until the bell rang though, so she assumed that she was in the right classroom.

"Oppa! I saved you a seat!" the girl sitting behind her shrieked, startling Krystal.

Krystal looked to the front of the class and saw the guy from her homeroom. I think his name's Lee Sungjong?

He went over with his bag, but instead of sitting next to the girl behind Krystal, he stopped at Krystal's desk. "Is this seat taken?" he asked, flashing her a kind smile.

"H-huh?" Krystal stuttered, surprised. "Uhm, no." She took her bag from the empty chair and set it down under her desk.

"Thank you," he said, taking the seat next to her.

Krystal heard the girl behind her gasp and huff. "What a ," the girl grumbled.

Krystal cringed at her words and bit her lip.

"Ignore them," Sungjong said softly.

Krystal turned to him and he smiled again. "I haven't officially introduced myself yet. Hi, I'm Lee Sungjong."

"I'm Jung Soojung, but---"

"I can call you Krystal," he cut in, chuckling.

Krystal smiled sheepishly. "Yea," she nodded.

"Okay, class!" a voice boomed.

Just then, the bell rang, and Krystal looked up to see a man standing by the white board at the front. He looked like he was in his early 30s, so she assumed he was the teacher. "Just on time!" he grinned and chuckled, making him seem younger.

"To start off, I'm going to take attendance because I don't quite recognize everyone in this class. And I need to start learning names," he said, taking out a clipboard. "Ahn Joonsup."

"Here," a guy raised his hand.

"Baek Jiyoung," the teacher continued.

"Here!" the rude girl chirped.

It eventually came down to Krystal. "Jung Soojung."

"Here!" she raised her hand.

"Ah, yes," the teacher looked up at her, "it says here that you're the new scholarship student."

"Ah, ne," Krystal replied shyly.

"I look forward to hearing you sing," he added with a smile.

She nodded and shrunk in her seat as she noticed everyone staring at her.

"Don't worry, he won't make us sing on the first day," Sungjong whispered beside her.

She sighed in relief. "Thank goodness."

He chuckled, and the teacher called out his name. "Lee Sungjong."

"Here!" he answered. "See, I told you I wouldn't be late."

The teacher shook his head in amusement. "Alright, you win this one."

Sungjong grinned. Ju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter