The Sehun Household

Playful Kiss Remake: The EXO Version

Previous chapter:

“Anyway, good luck on unpacking all your stuff!” Sehun said.

 

With one last smirk, Sehun left and walked into his own room, closing the door behind him. Lay gave Luhan a look as if he were belittling Luhan and copying his brother, said “Good luck”. He left, but not before giving Luhan a smirk as well.

 

Luhan, with the last bit of patience he had, slammed his door close and plopped on the floor frustrated.

 

“Aish!!!” He said, hurling a random stuffed animal he found on the floor towards the door. “How come nothing seems to go right for me today?!?!”

 

Luhan turned back to his boxes and with a pout on his lips, he began to unpack.

 

Chapter 8:

Luhan groaned as he felt the warmth of sunlight pouring through the window besides the bed. His eyes slowly fluttered open in reaction to the light, but he immediately shut them the moment he came face to face with reality.

 

Am I dreaming or something? Why are the walls of my room pink...and why is there a gigantic teddy bear staring straight at me? And...why is the room so freaking bright...?

 

Luhan stretched his arms and whined as he curled back into a ball underneath his covers. Luhan didn't feel like facing any of his problems at the moment. He snuggled his head deep into the soft white pillow. The pillow smelled of fresh lavender flowers and the bedsheets were so fluffy and warm, they were already luring him to sleep. However, he suddenly stopped himself from drifting off to lala-land as he thought about his situation once again. Something was definitely wrong about today, but he couldn’t quite put a finger on it.

 

It’s morning...

 

It’s Monday...

 

Monday means school...

 

It’s Monday...

 

It’s Monday...

 

“Wait, what?!”

 

Luhan’s eyes immediately opened as he bolted up into a sitting position on his bed. His eyes locked themselves onto the alarm clock the huge teddy bear was holding. It was 6:50am.

 

“Oh my god, I’m going to be late!” He panicked, fighting with himself from underneath the bed sheets to climb out of bed.

 

He resorted to flinging random items out of random cardboard boxes around the room in search for his school uniform. “School starts at 7:15...it takes like...oh my god, I don’t even know how to walk to school from this house!”

 

In the midst of running around the room in panic, he stopped short in front of the empty closet door across the room.  A brand new uniform was hung neatly on a clothes hanger on the doorknob. It’s been a while since Luhan has seen a new uniform and he couldn’t help but gaze at the vibrant dark navy color of the jacket. It wasn’t worn out like his old uniform was. The tie was a captivating black and the buttons on the white buttondown shirt were all sewed in place. The neat stitchings on the sleeves attracted Luhan’s attention, and so did the pants.

 

When did the uniform pants become skinny jeans anyway?

 

“That’s definitely not my uniform...” Luhan murmured to himself.

 

He detached the post it note that was firmly stuck onto the jacket pocket and read the somewhat legible Korean words on the piece of paper.

 

“My son never lets me buy a uniform for him, so when you came, I thought this was my chance! I heard from your dad that your uniform was three years old already; how can you still fit into it? I got you a new uniform. Try it on, you’re going to look so cute today!! (Especially the pants...!) - Mrs. Oh~”

 

Luhan blinked. He didn’t know why Sehun’s mother was so overly enthusiastic about him, but he was extremely unaccustomed to all the care he was receiving. It wasn’t that he didn’t like her, but he had never received this much attention ever since his mom passed on. It felt like all of a sudden, he had a mother figure looking over him again.

 

Facing normal circumstances, Luhan wouldn’t have accepted the new uniform Sehun’s mother bought for him, but seeing that he could not find his old uniform anywhere and he was running exceptionally late, he threw the uniform on and ran to the bathroom.

 

“Ah, I forgot my toothbrush and toothpaste!” Luhan facepalmed himself.

 

He was about to run out of the bathroom to fetch his bathroom essentials until he spotted another neon yellow post it stuck neatly onto a baby pink porcelain cup. He plucked it off the cup and read the note out loud.

 

“Everything’s probably still packed into your cardboard boxes right now, so I opened a new toothbrush and toothpaste for you! Hope you’re okay with the color pink, though...I’m loving this already!! - Mrs. Oh~”

 

Luhan didn’t even try to question the post it notes anymore as he quickly squeezed some toothpaste (the “oh my god, the toothpaste is pink” moment) onto the pink toothbrush and brushed his teeth in a frenzy. He filled up his porcelain cup with water and rinsed out his mouth. Figuring the pink towel placed next to the stuff Mrs. Oh gave him was his, he quickly wiped his mouth with it before sprinting out of the bathroom.

 

He was so preoccupied with himself that when he ran into the dining room panting and completely disorganized, he did a double take. Everyone at the dining table turned to stare at him. A slightly chubby man with glasses that seemed kind of like Harry Potter’s (in Luhan’s opinion) sat at the head of the table with a magazine in hand. Sehun and Mrs. Oh sat to the right of Mr. Oh, across from Luhan’s father. Sehun was the first to look away nonchalantly, continuing his pursuit in reading an English newspaper. On the other hand, Mr. and Mrs. Oh greeted Luhan with smiles.

 

Aiiiiish, I messed up in front of them already!

 

“G-good morning!” He slightly bowed towards the dining table.

 

“Good morning~! Luhan, come sit over here next to your father!” Mrs. Oh grinned, pointing to the empty chair. “I ran out of eggs this morning so I could only make sausages and toasted bread...I hope you’re okay with that!”

 

“Neh!” He smiled sheepishly as he hastily straightened up his tie and belt before taking a seat in the chair across from Sehun’s.

 

Luhan grimaced in Sehun’s direction. As usual, Sehun ignored him.

 

Tch....this guy doesn’t even say hello!

 

Glancing at what Sehun was reading, he frowned in disbelief. How could Sehun read an English newspaper in the morning? Luhan knew better than anyone that if he tried to read even one sentence off of that newspaper, it would be enough to give him a major headache for the rest of the day.

 

Show-off... Luhan thought to himself, sulking.

 

He then glanced at all the food presented on the table.

 

I wonder if this is how they eat everyday...It’s almost exactly like an English breakfast...

 

“Don’t feel overwhelmed about breakfast, Luhan-ssi! Mrs. Oh likes to stir things up a bit once in a while, but normally we have a Korean breakfast.” Mr. Oh laughed as he saw Luhan’s expression. “Feel comfortable and just eat whatever you’d like!”

 

“O-oh, it’s okay,” Luhan said politely with a smile.

 

He caught Sehun’s little scoff from behind the newspaper and instinctively scrunched up his nose in annoyance.

 

This jerk is so impolite...!

 

Remembering his manners, Luhan exclaimed “Jal meoggo issseubnida!” before grabbing a piece of toast from the middle of the table. Mrs. Oh seemed delighted over Luhan’s manners and couldn’t erase the smile from her face. She turned to her son.

 

“Sehun-ah, when you and Luhan are done with breakfast, you’re going to have to walk Luhan to school, araso? He doesn’t know the way to school from here.” She said enthusiastically, staring at Sehun.

 

To Luhan’s surprise, Sehun didn’t reply. He didn’t even nod. He took a sip of water and flipped to the next page of his newspaper.

 

“Yah, Oh Sehun, did you hear me?” Mrs. Oh said, annoyed.

 

Sehun sighed and folded the newspaper up. He grabbed a piece of toast and stood up from the table.

 

“I’m going to school now.” He said in a bored tone.

 

With the piece of toast in his mouth, he swung his jacket over his shoulders and quickly slipped it on.

 

“Yah, you rascal, are you going to just ignore your mother like that?!” Mr. Oh shouted at his son.

 

Sehun ignored his father’s words and proceeded to put on his sneakers. Once he had finished tying up both of his sneakers, he turned to the dining table.

 

“Na kanda. I’m leaving.” He said plainly, bowing slightly before walking out the door.

 

“Omo, omo, omo. YAH, OH SEHUN, ARE YOU NOT GOING TO STAY THERE?!”

 

Mrs. Oh was about to break out into flames, but restrained herself as she focused her attention on Luhan and his father.

 

“Mianhe, Luhan-ah. My son’s short-tempered like that someti_”

 

She was cut off as Luhan quickly stood up and swung his backpack over his shoulder. Mrs. Oh glanced at Luhan’s breakfast plate to find a piece of toast not even half finished.  

 

“Luhan, you should eat breakfast first!” She protested as Luhan rushed to the door.

 

“Ani, kwenchana, Mrs. Oh. I’ll make sure to wake up earlier tomorrow to eat your breakfast, but thank you! I’m going to school now, appa!”

 

He smiled and bowed to everyone before sloppily putting his sneakers on and sprinting out the door.

 

“Aigoo, saesangie...I can’t believe my own son acted like that in front of you, Ki Dong-ah.” Mr. Oh said disappointedly.

 

“Aiyoo, it’s nothing, Soo Chang. Your son is probably just not used to living with me and Luhan yet. Don’t blame him!”

 

“I can only hope that’s the case,” Mrs. Oh said, giving Mr. Xi a chuckle. “Sehun was never one with nice things to say.”

 

“He can’t be that bad,” Mr. Xi laughed.

 

~*~

“Hey, wait up!” Luhan shouted. “You can’t just leave me here, you know!”

 

Sehun was already down the road and about to turn the corner, not even once showing sympathy towards Luhan’s shouting. Oh boy, was Luhan pissed, and to tell the truth, Luhan’s never been this pissed in his whole 17 years of living. Maybe because all this time, no one could ever go against his nice personality...until Sehun rolled along.

 

“YAH, OH SEHUN, keogiiis-eo! Stay right there!” Luhan shouted again as he ran downhill in an effort to catch up to Sehun.

 

By the time he reached the corner, Luhan was a panting mess. To add onto his loss of breath, he looked up to find Sehun’s face inches away from his. Luhan almost fell backwards in shock.

 

“W-what are you_”

 

“I’m only going to say this once, so you better listen.” Sehun said firmly, not bothering to back away from Luhan’s face.

 

Luhan instinctively turned beet red and bit his lip in nervousness.

 

“Xi Luhan, are you listening or are you daydreaming about me already?” Sehun said sarcastically.

 

Luhan stared at Sehun. “J-jeez, I’m listening!”

 

Luhan, get ahold of yourself...Why are you stuttering in front of this insolent jerk again?

 

“I can’t believe I’m doing this,” Sehun muttered to himself before looking back at Luhan.

 

Luhan blinked at him somewhat innocently and for a moment, Sehun was wondering why in the world he was talking to a kid like this. He quickly shook off his thoughts, determined to get his point across.

 

“If you dare--No, not only you, but if word EVER gets out that me, Oh Sehun, is living under the SAME roof as you,” Sehun jabbed a finger at Luhan’s chest for emphasis, “Xi Luhan, you will be SCREWED. You might not have said it, but it’s still going to be YOUR fault. Do you get me?”

 

Awkwardly intimidated, Luhan stuttered an answer.

 

“N-neh.”

 

Sehun leaned back, the annoyed look never leaving his face.

 

“This --”

 

He pointed at Luhan and then himself.

 

“This proximity and this face to face conversation is never ever going to happen again. Got it? Stay at least 15 feet away from me at all times and pretend you don’t know me at all.”

 

He swung his backpack over his shoulder. “Don’t even try to talk to me or say hi when you see me. People will get suspicious. I don’t want to have anything to do with you.”

 

With that said, Sehun began to walk in the general direction to school. Luhan trudged behind him and Sehun glanced back with a pissed off look on his face.

 

“Do you not understand what 15 feet means?” He said loud enough for Luhan to hear, glaring at him. He faced front again. “Remember to keep a distance.”

 

Luhan stopped in his tracks and watched as Sehun strolled down the sidewalk, not once looking back to see if Luhan was following him.

 

“Aish, I’m seriously going to rise above you one day!” Luhan shouted, angry at Sehun’s tone of voice.

 

How could someone like him with such a handsome face and such a nice body and such intelligence be such an arrogant jerk?! He kicked a rock on the sidewalk in fury and it landed in front of a few students wearing the same uniform as him, students from his grade. They stared at Luhan accusingly, exchanged a few words with each other, and kept walking.

 

“I am really going to kill this jerk one day,” Luhan gritted his teeth, glaring laser beams into Sehun’s back.

 

He followed Sehun all the way to school, keeping the distance in mind every step of the way. It was painful, honestly, to keep track of the distance, but Luhan was determined to never cross Sehun’s tracks again.

 

Unconsciously, though, this morning turned out to be the same as every other morning he has had since the beginning of high school. Nothing has changed; maybe it’s become even stronger than before since he now lived at Sehun’s house, but

 

Every single thought always returned to that one same subject every morning. What subject, you ask? Here’s a hint: it’s three characters.

 

OH. SE. HUN.

 

~*~

A/N:

Sorry for the late update! I got caught up in school work so I kinda lost track of time. Anyway, how are you guys liking Luhan’s first morning in the Sehun household? I think it’s just going to get even more amusing from here on out.. ;D

 

Welcome to all the new subbies and thank you for all the support! <3