Clear Things Up?

Playful Kiss Remake: The EXO Version

Previous chapter:

Don’t tell me that idiot arranged this tutoring session for me and then decided to ditch it with his friends. How could he leave me alone with this group of peasants?!?!

 

Sehun made a mental note to remind Luhan of his place in the house when he came back. There was no way he would allow Luhan to act like this in his territory. No way.

 

“Sehun-ah, hurry and your friends to your study offices upstairs! There’s enough room for all of them to fit and I’ll wheel over that whiteboard of yours so you can teach all of them for the exams.”

 

There was no turning back once his mom had begun to prepare food, snacks, and materials for all the kids. Sehun could only sob inwardly as he made his way up the stairs, looking cold and clever -- just the way he was supposed to be.

~*~

“Why the hell would I jump off of a building?” He asked with a questioning look.

 

Xiumin rolled his eyes.

 

“Gee, who the hell knows why.”

 

“I do. It’s because he’s Tao, of course. He overreacts all the time.”

 

“I was being SARCASTIC, Ben Ben. Stop ruining the vibe.”

 

“You stop acting like you’re cool, Baozi.”

 

“I”m going to kill you.”

 

“Sure, why don’t you try.”

 

And so another day goes by with Tao in the family...

 

Chapter 19:

A rather ticked off Luhan returned home to Sehun’s house later that day, just in time for dinner. Everything was going quite well until Tao pulled a Gucci emergency right before the tutoring session, and Luhan couldn’t even fathom the number of times he had been tricked by Tao’s Gucci obsession. Can’t that kid let him off the hook even once?

 

The front door jingled as Luhan pushed it open. Today, it seemed heavier than usual. Maybe because Luhan was fatigued with all the running he had to do earlier this afternoon. Third up after Kris and Xiumin, Luhan never got A’s in physical education class. To him, push-ups and sit-ups were much better than running (for a period of time longer than a minute).

 

“Aigoo, Luhan’s back!” Mrs. Oh smiled benevolently as she ushered Luhan straight to the dinner table.

 

She took his backpack out of his hands and helped him take his school jacket off. Holding both in her hands, she pulled out a chair for Luhan to settle down.

 

“Hurry up and eat! You’ve worked hard today so I specially cooked a lot of your favorite foods!” She grinned. “I’ll help put your stuff in your room for you, so don’t worry about it and eat your fill.”

 

As she headed up the stairs, Mr. Oh grumbled.

 

“How come you don’t make my favorite foods when I come back home?”

 

“Stop mumbling, you idiot. Do you ever do anything in the house besides complain that you’re tired?” Mrs. Oh retorted from the upstairs hallway.

 

Luhan sat awkwardly at the dinner table, not sure whether he was the source of their bickering or he was just thinking too much. Mr. Oh noticed and chuckled.

 

“Don’t worry about me and Mrs. Oh. We always have a silent rivalry going on.”

 

Luhan laughed hesitantly before he began to eat his dinner. He couldn’t help but gape at the selection of dishes Mrs. Oh had managed to dish out of the kitchen with her own hands. He reached out with his chopsticks to pick up a piece of kimchi. However, before he could pick it up, another pair of chopsticks reached out and intercepted his for the same piece.

 

“S-sorry!”

 

Luhan immediately yielded the piece of kimchi to the other pair of chopsticks. Sehun nonchalantly shrugged and ate the piece of kimchi. Luhan watched him with an air of disapproval, and Mr. Oh looked at his own son weirdly.

 

“Sehun, don’t you normally hate kimchi?”

 

Sehun continued to stare blankly at Luhan while his lips. Luhan, on the other hand, was slowly figuring out Sehun’s intention of irritating him, but couldn’t resist the slight pause to stare at his slight kimchi-seasoned lips.

 

“No, I’m just never in the mood to eat it. I wonder why I am, today.”

 

He pushed his chair back and got up from the dinner table.

 

“I have a test tomorrow, so I’m going to go study.”

 

Without further word, Sehun excused himself and headed up the stairs, avoiding conversation with his mom as she headed down. Mrs. Oh, flustered, rushed to the dinner table and leaned in.

 

“Omo, ottokae? Is something wrong with Sehun? He doesn’t seem okay. He looks like he’s about to kill somebody. Should I go check up on him?”

 

Mr. Oh waved his hand at her and shook his head.

 

“Just sit down. He’s old enough to cool down himself, and he’s gotta fix that terrible temper of his. It gets on everybody’s nerves.”

 

Luhan stuffed the last grain of rice into his mouth and chewed at a rapid speed. When he was done, he bounced up from his chair.

 

“I’ll go check on him, Mrs. Oh.” Luhan smiled. “You can stop worrying.”

 

“B-But_”

 

“Mrs. Oh, I’ll be hurt if you treat me like a guest. I want to help you guys and be a part of your family since you’ve done so much for me and my dad. Besides, Sehun and I are...”

 

Everyone looked at him curiously.

 

“...friends...!” Luhan grinned. “Yeah, we’re friends!”

 

It took Luhan all of his facial muscles to hide the grimace that was forming from the word “friend” associated with the word “Sehun”. He quickly excused himself with a few nods towards his dad and Sehun’s parents. Mrs. Oh was still in a trance after hearing Luhan’s sweet words. When she finally snapped out of it, she could only sigh.

 

“Mr. Xi, I really wish I had a son like yours. Can we share Luhan please?”

 

Mr. Xi laughed.

 

“Of course, anytime, anytime, I’m sure Luhan wouldn’t mind at all!”

 

“Assa!” Mrs. Oh grinned, as she properly took a seat and began to eat dinner. “You know, I wouldn’t mind having Luhan in the family.”

 

~*~

Upstairs, after much contemplation, Luhan finally decided to knock on Sehun’s door. No matter how much he hated Sehun, impolitely barging in was never Luhan’s thing.

 

“Why does a guy like him need to study for a test anyway?” He muttered with discontent.

 

He heard papers shuffle and the sound of a wheelie chair sliding back as Sehun got up to answer.

 

“Mom, I’m fine!” Sehun groaned as he turned the door knob and opened the door a crack.

 

When he saw Luhan’s face, he almost choked on himself. He had thought it was his mom coming to check if he was okay. But then again, it was wrong to think that any member of his family would even care to console him. He had expected too much. With a deep sigh, Sehun stared at Luhan as if pondering what to do with the kid in front of him. Deciding it wasn’t worth his time, he simply slammed the door shut and returned to his seat.

 

Startled by the sudden slamming of the door, Luhan almost jumped out of his skin. He dropped the notebook he was holding.

 

Does this jerk even have a conscience?! How can he just slam his door in front of the person who holds his future?

 

“YAH! How can you close the door on me like that? Tch, what a rude guy.”

 

Luhan grimaced and walked away. He stopped in front of his own bedroom door and continued rambling his discontent. Just how pathetic would he get before he could climb back out of the Sehun world he had fell into? He hugged his notebook close to his chest. With a shake of his head, Luhan took a few steps into his room.

 

Inside, Sehun heard Luhan’s short burst of anger. He had lifted his pen up briefly from the paper to start on the next line, but was not able to continue writing. He placed his pen on his desk and leaned back in his wheelie chair. How could someone who organized a tutoring session after school not show up? Luhan didn’t even sound apologetic when he returned home. He’s the one that should be called rude, if anything.  He glared at the door, as if the door was the one that committed some sort of sin. Sehun shifted from his chair to his bed, propping a pillow up and resting on it. He reached for a book on his nightstand, a habit he has had since middle school, and opened it. He was only able to read the first word of the page he was on before closing it again.

 

He realized now, how stupid his thoughts had been. Why should he care if Luhan did not show up to the tutoring session? It’s not like he was needed there anyway. He should just get the tutoring sessions with Luhan over with, try to get him at least to fiftieth place on the list, and then cut off all contact with the boy. Why was he getting worked up by a kid like him? He made his mind up before he could change it. Placing his book back on the nightstand, he stood up and headed for the door.

 

Luhan turned around with a faint expression of surprise and doubt as the door to Sehun’s room clicked open, and Sehun’s head popped out. He could tell Sehun didn't look very happy.

 

“Come in.” Sehun said, directing his words towards Luhan. “Let’s just get your tutoring over with. Bring all your books and materials over in 5 minutes, or I’ll take back my words.”

 

With that, Sehun walked back into the depths of his room. Luhan, after blinking a few seconds, smiled. Maybe he’d really get to study one on one with Sehun after all.

 

THE POWER OF BLACKMAIL! He’d have to do this more often.

 

“I’m coming!” Luhan called out loudly, unable to erase the grin that had formed on his face.

 

He quickly ran to his desk and grabbed all the books he could fit into his arms, before taking off to Sehun’s bedroom. The door slammed shut after Luhan entered.

 

“I wonder if Luhan has cleared things up with Sehun yet,” Mr. Xi said from downstairs.

 

“Don’t worry, I’m sure Luhan and Sehun can handle it themselves.” Mrs. Oh chuckled, as she reached for another scoop of rice.

 

~*~

A/N:

Welcome to the story for newcomers, and welcome back to my subbies! Sorry for the short chapter, but I’ll leave you with a little statement in regards to the next one. What happens in Sehun’s room, stays in Sehun’s room. [Gosh, I’m gonna have so much fun writing the next one, I can’t wait. XD]