Tutoring at Sehun's After School!

Playful Kiss Remake: The EXO Version

Previous chapter:

“I guess sometimes Sehun has a positive effect on me..”

 

Luhan shook his head in confusion, ruffling his hair once, before he got to work, reading Sehun’s instructions carefully and completing the math problems.

~*~

[...]

“God, I swear, if I stayed on that video call for one more second, I would’ve been lured by Tao’s aegyo. No, no, no.”

 

Kris slapped himself in the face to wake himself up.

 

“Aishhhh! That hurt!” He complained as he collapsed back into the depths of his blankets and rubbed his stinging cheek lightly to ease the pain.

 

Chapter 17:

“Everyone, it’s time for self-study!” The homeroom teacher shouted as she stood behind the podium in the front of the room.

 

The loud unrestrained voices of the kids in Class F still failed to cease.

 

“What am I going to do with this class...”

 

The teacher could only sigh as she packed up her belongings and slammed her textbooks straight onto the platform in front of her. Students slowly turned to face the source of the bam, some with expressions as if they never knew she had been there for the past few hours. Others had been awakened from their slumber and possessed the urge to throw a chair or a desk or even anything towards the person who woke them up.

 

The teacher shook her head to herself as she cleared .

 

“Self study starts now. If I catch anyone, and I mean, ANYONE, taking their cellphones out and playing one of those stupid games like Anipang, I will make sure you get sent down for detention.”

 

Several students rolled their eyes and started to fold what looked like origami from their test review sheets. The teacher cleared .

 

“I definitely am not risking my career for a group of students like you guys, so you better discipline yourselves.”

 

A couple more folds creased several more test review papers and more students began to follow suit, repeating the same pattern: folding, creasing, ripping...folding, creasing, ripping.

 

The teacher slammed her books down once more, causing all the students who had preoccupied themselves with something else, to jump up from their chairs.

 

“I know you guys are used to failing all these tests, but seriously. If even one person doesn’t pass these upcoming tests, just ONE person, I’m out with no choice and I’m almost 100% positive that you’re out too. I don’t care what you guys do to study, but don’t make me lose my job. Please.”

 

With that, the teacher gave up her usual semesterly lecture and left the room, shoulders down and wrinkles visibly starting to form on her poor young face. Seconds after she left, students routinely shifted the whole orientation of the room; desks were dragged left and right, chairs screeched across the floor to meet up with others, papers ripped up as they found themselves caught underneath the feet of both the students and the furniture. Kyungsoo shook his head at the unpleasant sight and made his way over to Luhan’s corner of the room where the rest of his friends had gathered.

 

As soon as Kyungsoo approached the island of desks his friends were sitting at, he was immediately ushered by Luhan and Xiumin to sit down.

 

“Yah, pali, pali!” Xiumin whispered, pushing Kyungsoo into his chair.

 

Kyungsoo, bewildered, turned to look at the rest of his friends as he was practically forced to sit. Jongin was definitely not pleased with what was going on, while Kris had an unreadable expression on his face making it hard for Kyungsoo to judge what would happen next. Both of them looked...let’s just say, not very happy.

 

“Mwoh, mwoh! Stop staring at me like I can read minds and just tell me what’s going on, will you?”

 

Luhan giggled and quickly settled himself in his chair across from Kyungsoo’s. He leaned in, resting both of his elbows on the desk and intertwined his fingers together.

 

“We want to offer the entire class a tutoring session.”

 

Kyungsoo scoffed as he propped his backpack on the ground, against the legs of his desk.

 

“Would the class even attend? They don’t blink an eye when the number ‘0’ scrawled in red appears on their semester exams!”

 

Luhan’s eyes twinkled.

 

“But what if I told you that the tutor was Sehun?”

 

Kyungsoo blinked a couple of times.

 

“Am I hearing right? You mean, Sehun, like, Oh Sehun?”

 

Luhan nodded with a grin.

 

“Is that even okay with him? You’re not making any rash decisions, are you?”

 

“Tch, don’t worry about that.” Luhan said, waving his hand in the air nonchalantly. “That problem’s all taken care of. What’s left is to tell everyone about it. It’s going to be held in his house and it’s right after school today!”

 

This time, Kai and Kris both did a doubletake, although obviously for completely opposite reasons. Kai, because he had to worry about Sehun seducing his Lulu, and Kris, because he was the one who beheld the responsibility to prevent Kai from doing anything more stupid than what he’s done before -- if that was even possible, but Kris knew that indeed it was possible. It was quite a hard occupation, with no pay at all except for the fact that he did get to see Suho once in a while...

 

“Are you sure this is okay?” Kris asked, a hint of “please-say-it-isn’t” hidden in his voice. “Sehun isn’t much of a...people-person.”

 

“Like you?” Xiumin muttered on the side.

 

Kris momentarily felt the urge to strangle Xiumin, but seeing that it wasn’t the first time he’s felt such an urge, he held it in and pursed his lips. The others ignored Xiumin’s childish comment.

 

“It’s fine, it’s fine, I said!” Luhan emphasized with an unreadable smile on his lips. “Besides, I wouldn’t be telling you guys this if it wasn’t true.”

 

Luhan reached into his jacket pocket and felt the thin polaroid textured slip of paper in his chest pocket. A smile reached his lips again. He finally felt like he had the upper hand with Sehun, and he wanted to cherish the moment. Tao, who was quietly sitting by the side of the table, contemplated what he should do.

 

If Luhan ge said it out of his own mouth, that means what he’s saying is probably true...so, why not?

 

Without another doubt, he leaped up from his chair and took charge of the blackboard in the front of the room. Students started to take notice of him as he picked up a piece of chalk and screeched on a sentence in Korean, surprisingly with the right grammar.

 

“Come to Oh Sehun’s house @ 4:00PM today after school for a semester tutoring session! Luhan will take care of everything. - Tao”

 

Kris widened his eyes at the maknae’s blunt attack.  Luhan just laughed.

 

“Thanks, Tao.”

 

“No problem, ge!”

 

Murmurs spread throughout the room as all of the students in Class F turned their attention to the sentence on the board.

 

“Should we go?” Some students murmured.

 

“What if it’s a prank?” Others asked uneasily.

 

Kai suddenly got up from his chair and made a huge deal out of dragging the chair backwards as he got up. The chair screeched a few feet back before halting sharply on the floor.

 

“Let’s all go to Luhan’s h--I mean, Sehun’s house!” Kai said loudly. “There is no way any of us can miss out on an opportunity to see what a gorgeous life Sehun is living, and to see Sehun pay attention to Class F students like us anyway...right?”

 

Kris could only groan as he dropped his head onto the desk and into his arms. He suddenly felt a lot more tired than he was a few minutes ago. Kai was the one to encourage the other students to go to Sehun’s house. Anyone, even a stranger on the street, could sense that this definitely meant trouble.

 

As the students were still contemplating whether or not they should go, Sehun randomly appeared at the door swinging a baby blue drawstring sports bag in one hand. All eyes turned to stare at him and Sehun eyed everyone strangely. He cautiously took a few steps into the room and the students, in return, gasped. Sehun knew something was definitely wrong. His eyes locked onto the words scribbled on the board in front of the room.

 

“What. Is. That?” Sehun said quietly, his lips pursed thinly as he pointed to the board.

 

Luhan smiled sweetly and stepped in front of Sehun.

 

“What are you here for, Sehun-ssi?”

 

Sehun shoved the gym bag into Luhan’s hands and leaned into Luhan’s ear.

 

“Whatever the hell you're doing, this. Yours. Don’t let that happen again.”

 

As he backed off, Luhan chuckled.

 

“Arasseo. By the way, Sehun-ssi, why don’t you personally invite everyone to your house?”

 

“Mwoh?” Sehun laughed. “Why would I do that?”

 

“What do you mean, why?” Luhan said. Tao could practically feel the coat of honey dripping over Luhan's words. “You said you were going to host a tutoring session for my class, didn’t you?”

 

He slowly reached into his chest pocket and pulled the polaroid photo out half way. Sehun’s eyes widened as a corner of what he perceived to be his terrible photo, slip out of Luhan's jacket. He rushed over and gave Luhan a tight hug, stopping Luhan from whatever he was going to do.

 

“Don’t you dare take that out.” He muttered. “I’ll do it. I'll tell them. Okay?”

 

Luhan, taken aback by Sehun’s sudden action, hoped that Sehun couldn’t feel his heartbeat going 200 bpm. As much as Luhan was enjoying the power he had over Sehun's actions, he still couldn't control the power Sehun held over his heart. Luhan knew that that was the important part of this whole ordeal, but he didn't want to admit it. He didn't want to admit that his heart was being controlled by him, but his body was definitely telling him that exact statement. It felt like his chest was going to burst, and Luhan quickly shoved himself out of Sehun’s arms.

 

“S-so?” Luhan asked, trying to regain face.

 

He patted his jacket pocket lightly and Sehun grimaced as he forced himself to turn to the other students. All of the students in Class F stood there motionless, faces looking as confused as heck. Sehun could only sigh.

 

“Everyone. After school at 4:00. Meet at my house if you want to be tutored for the test coming up. NO friends from other classes allowed. That’s all.”

 

Sehun met eyes with a satisfied Luhan as he strode out of the room, heart hazy with frustration and eyes masking hatred for Luhan who has been messing up his life routine since the moment he stepped into his life with a love letter.

 

When Sehun exited the room, everyone awoke from their Sehun trance and began to cheer and crowd around Luhan.

 

“How’d you do it?!”

 

“You seriously became friends with Sehun?”

 

“How did you bribe him?”

 

“Does that mean I’m not going to get a zero on my next test?”

 

“Luhan, I love you!”

 

The occasional “Well, I love him more than you!” was tossed into the crowd of words being tossed in Luhan’s direction. Kris could only sense the headache coming as he watched the class go crazy over the tutoring session after school. Tao patted Kris’s head lightly to comfort him, but Kris could only feel the dread of the next few hours.

~*~

Suho, who happened to take the long way back to class, stopped his tracks in front of Kris’s classroom.

 

I’ll just take a small look.

 

He peered in and scanned the room. Sehun was standing in front of the whole class saying something Suho couldn’t comprehend from outside the walls.

 

I...wonder what happened? Why is Sehun over there?

 

That was the least of his worries. His eyes caught onto Kris, who looked as sad as a cold city boy could ever be, and he watched as Tao absentmindedly patted Kris on the head. He bit his lip softly as he watched the scene before him. He could almost see his former self fit in with the class, running over to Luhan and ruffling his hair, laughing at Kai and his foolish comments, wrapping his arm around Kris’s shoulders.

 

He teared his gaze away from the classroom when he realized just how far his imagination was taking him. He couldn’t be thinking like this. No, he shouldn’t be thinking like this. He wasn’t allowed to. Last minute, he rushed away quickly, eager to get away from the classroom as fast as he could.

 

~*~

Sehun slammed the door behind him as he stormed out of the hateful classroom. He was never going to ever go there ever again. EVER. He couldn’t stand the behavior of those children in there. As he fumed in the silent hallway, he saw what seemed like Suho’s back profile speed-walking down the hallway from his direction. The boy turned right and left his line of vision in the blink of an eye.

 

Maybe I saw wrong... Sehun thought, doubting himself.

 

He was about to continue his way down the hallway, but halted his tracks as he remembered.

 

Love letter! Didn’t I pick up Luhan’s love letter a day or two ago?

 

It was the randomest thought, but it was something that he could hold to Luhan. Sehun shrugged.

 

I’ll read it when I get home.

 

With that, he took long reformed strides down the hallways and left the F wing, a part of the school that he never wanted to step into ever again.

 

~*~

A/N:

I know it’s time for tutoring to come soon!! :D And then the test scores...and Sehun’s picture...and Luhan’s love letter...Oh gee, so many exciting things coming up :3


Welcome to all the new subbies and hope everyone enjoyed this chapter!! ^-^