Hiding

Playful Kiss Remake: The EXO Version

Previous chapter:

MEET AT SCHOOL GATES AT 3:00PM. WHOEVER’S LATE GETS DITCHED! ♡♡♡♡♡

 


Luhan ran into the classroom the second the bell rang and almost immediately, he felt a strange premonition of something mischievous going on. He met eyes with six guys holding creepy smiles on their faces as they filed out of the classroom one by one.

 

“See you tomorrow, Luhan!” They chorused together.

 

Luhan could only nod, tilt his head in suspicion, and wish for the best as he packed up his backpack and left the classroom alone.

 

Chapter 13:

“Yah, pali, pali, look how late you are!” Kyungsoo whispered fiercely from behind a maple tree. He beckoned Chanyeol over to where he was and Chanyeol obediently jogged over.

 

"M-mianhe, hyung. I got caught up with some...things...” Chanyeol panted heavily.

 

 

 

“Like stalking the diva?” Kris retorted dryly.

 

Chanyeol’s eyes widened a few centimeters and Xiumin, who had been listening, chuckled from behind Tao.

 

“Looks like you were spot on, Kris.”

 

In an effort to hide his burning cheeks, Chanyeol snuggled his face into Kyungsoo’s back and Kyungsoo smiled. Tao, on the other hand, was uncomfortably sandwiched between Kris and Xiumin and couldn’t help but file a complaint. After all, he could care less about who Chanyeol liked.

 

“Aren’t we too obvious, six big guys hiding behind one puny tree?”

 

“Well it definitely wasn’t my idea,” Kris pointed out. “If we get caught, I’m just going to walk away like nothing happened.”

 

"Aren't we all..." Tao muttered sarcastically.

 

 

 

As promised and according to plan, everyone had gathered at the school gate precisely at 3:00PM (excluding Chanyeol, but they all knew what he was doing anyway) to fulfill their mission of finding out whether or not Luhan is safe in his new temporary residence. Well, that was Kai’s excuse, at least. The others were just acting out of sheer curiosity as to why Luhan had never told them where he resided. It wasn't like him to keep secrets.

 

Kai glanced around to find a few people staring at them with judging looks. He shrugged. It wasn’t a rare thing to find these people staring at them weirdly. Besides, it would be strange if students didn't find a group of kids hiding behind a tree suspicious.

 

“There’s nothing wrong with six guys hiding behind a puny maple tree. We all agreed to hide behind this tree anyway. No backing out now. Lulu needs us, remember?”

 

Before anyone could roll their eyes at Kai, Xiumin suddenly called an emergency.

 

“Everyone, get into a single file line! Now!”

 

Without thinking, everyone listened to him and slowly after a few seconds of silence, one by one, everyone’s heads popped out from behind the tree to see who they were hiding from. It was none other than the Sehun trio.

 

 

 

"Why'd you get us to hide from Sehun and his friends?" Kai whispered. "We should be hiding when Luhan comes out!"

 

 

 

"Shh!" Xiumin shushed Kai with a glare and looked forward.

 

 

 

Grumpily, Kai shut himself up. Not long after the Sehun trio left school grounds and turned right, Luhan appeared, tagging behind the Sehun Trio. He turned right after leaving the school as well.

 

“Oh my god,” Kyungsoo breathed, turning around to face the other boys. “I must be seeing things.”

 

“You’re not. He did turn right.” Xiumin commented, staring in the direction Luhan went.

 

“What does turning right have to do with anything?” Chanyeol asked obliviously.

 

Kris shook his head, dumbfounded by Chanyeol’s cluelessness.

 

“Turning left is for the middle class. Turning right is headed for the richer neighborhoods.” Kai said quietly.

 

Everyone spun around, equally surprised to Kai’s sudden -- somewhat -- intelligent explanation. It was the first time they came face to face with such a scary yet determined expression on Kai’s face, and the glint in his eyes evidently couldn’t be ignored. Tao backed up a bit and with annoyance, muttered a “I shouldn’t have agreed on coming” before trying to leave. However, he felt a grip on his shoulders that prevented him from leaving and he let out a faint gasp as he recognized it to be Kris’s. Only his hands could exert such force and only those long elegant fingers could belong to Kris.

 

“We promised not to ditch the others, didn’t we?” Kris murmured with a low voice. “Kai would hold an extremely long grudge on you, Tao.”

 

He laughed quietly as Tao’s shoulders slumped and the younger boy merely nodded in agreement.

 

“Guys, I think we better make a move before we lose our ‘precious Lulu’.” Kyungsoo said, breaking the obvious tension Kai had created between the six guys. “It’s been a few minutes since they left.”

 

“Let’s go then!” Kai said simply.

 

He ped his backpack quickly and pulled out a black plastic bag. Kyungsoo groaned as Kai pulled out a variety of scarves, sunglasses, and wigs. He was about ready to face-tree himself as he saw the preparations Kai had made beforehand. Kris, however, nonchalantly examined the accessories before picking out a pair of black Raybans and a blue knitted infinity scarf, the only things he approved of in the pile of disguises.

 

“The sunglasses and scarves will do,” Kris said plainly, wrapping the scarf around his neck. “But seriously, put those wigs away.”

 

Xiumin rolled his eyes before taking his own scarf and sunglasses as well.

 

“I hope they didn’t turn corners...” He muttered as he adjusted the sunglasses on the crook of his nose.

 

 

 

Kai pounced out from behind the trees and unnaturally walked towards the school gates, peeking behind him every now and then like he was committing a crime. Chanyeol copied Kai’s method (as Kai’s loyal follower) and came out of hiding, pretending to be a pro ninja. He obliviously stuck close to the brick walls of the school gate, and it seemed as if he was really imagining himself in a movie with Jackie Chan.

 

Out of embarrassment, Kyungsoo and Tao waited until Kris and Xiumin walked out from behind the tree before following them. Those two were the only normal people they could trust to walk out of school grounds like a normal high school student would, after all.

 

~*~

[SEHUN TRIO WALKING HOME]

“That physics test was messed up,” Baekhyun complained. “What’s with this teacher anyway?”

 

“‘Messed up’?” Sehun said, raising his eyebrows in Baekhyun’s direction.

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

 

“Should I have said the test was merely child’s play to make myself clearer? The teacher only put angular momentum on the test, Hun. ‘J equals r multiplied by p’. This radius vector and linear momentum crap is obviously elementary stuff. Probably preschool stuff for someone like you, though,” Baekhyun muttered discontentedly as he fixed his bangs to prevent the hair strands from poking his eyes. “The test didn’t even mention anything involving torque or laws of thermodynamics. I mean, Suho hyung, didn’t you think it was just way too easy?”

 

Stopping at the sidewalk, Sehun and Baekhyun turned to Suho who seemed to have been in a daze since morning. Neither of them had the guts to ask why, being one was an intellectual being and the other -- besides being an intellectual being -- was quite the attitude. It was only after a minute or so that Suho snapped out of his thoughts and responded to his two friends.

 

“E-eh? Were you guys asking me something?”

 

Sehun and Baekhyun gave Suho a last glance before turning and resuming their walk.

 

“Uhm, I was just asking you if you thought the physics test was as easy as I thought it was.” Baekhyun said, swinging his backpack over his shoulder.

 

“Ah, the test!” Suho smiled sheepishly, “I don’t really remember what was on it already...My mind was occupied with something else the whole time so I kinda breezed through it absentmindedly.”

 

“You...winged it?” Sehun asked surprised.

 

Suho normally wasn’t that kind of person. He was someone who studied hard for every test and relied on his own efforts to climb up to the same level as Sehun. Never before had Suho ever done anything as careless as winging a test ever since he was admitted into Class A. Baekhyun wasn’t really sure what was bothering Suho so much, but he knew that Suho didn’t want to talk about it. He quickly jumped in to cover for Suho.

 

“Suho was probably thinking about his mom since she broke her leg a couple of days ago, right? I would be worried too.”

 

Suho hesitated before going along with Baekhyun. It was true that his mom carelessly broke her leg a few days ago and he WAS worried, but not enough to distract him from a test.

 

“Yeah, it’s nothing really. I was just out of it today because of my parents. Nothing else.”

 

Sehun nodded.

 

“It’s understandable.”

 

Suho smiled before realizing where he was.

 

“Ah, I passed my street!” Suho suddenly bursted out. “I should probably go now before I get reprimanded by my dad...”

 

“Relax, I passed my street too and I don’t want to get in trouble either,” Baekhyun laughed.  “We’ll be going now, Sehun!”

 

“Arasseo. Annyeong!” Sehun called out as the two left, headed their respective ways.

 

“See you tomorrow!”

 

As his friends left, Sehun stopped in his tracks and sighed. He hated the feeling of someone following him, even knowing that it was Luhan. He turned around to tell Luhan to come forward. However, to his surprise, before Sehun himself could say anything, Luhan came up to him himself, a piece of paper in his hand and an unmistakably huge request.

 

~*~

“Oh. My. God.” Xiumin stumbled over and fell on top of Kris. “Lu--Lulu..My Luhan d-did not just follow Sehun all the way to his house. He is not a stalker!”

 

Xiumin broke down sobbing and Kris sighed.

 

“What if he’s not a stalker and he actually lives here?”

 

Xiumin stopped sobbing and sniffled, staring at Kris as if he was some newfound genius, preferably someone like Sherlock Holmes. Kai choked on his own spit as he heard Kris’s hypothesis.

 

“There is no way in hell my Lulu would live in the same house as Oh Sehun. You’ve got to be kidding me, Kris.”

 

“Watch with your language, Kai. I’m still older than you, remember?”

 

Kai merely ignored Kris and invisibly shot daggers at Sehun as he watched him talk to Luhan.

 

“I wonder what Lulu’s talking to him about...Sehun seems somewhat...shocked right now.” Kyungsoo murmured quietly. “This is the first time I’ve seen a different expression on this narcissist’s face!”

 

Tao shrugged.

 

“Who knows? Lulu’s full of surprises. He might as well could be blackmailing Sehun right now or something.”

 

“You guys are such losers. Someone as innocent as MY Lulu is blackmailing the devil? Honestly.” Kai muttered. “Wait a second. Since WHEN have all of you started calling Luhan Lulu?!?! That nickname is for me to use only. ME!”

 

Chanyeol gasped as he saw Sehun turn around briefly to stare at the row of bushes they were hiding behind before facing Luhan again. He whimpered.

 

“Hyung...speak softer...” He said, tugging Kai’s shirt.

 

“Well, that ain’t happening any time soon.” Kris commented as he watched Luhan and Sehun walk into the house.

 

Kris could almost imagine the word bubbles, ‘home sweet home’, floating in the air as Luhan and Sehun disappeared into the residence and out of sight. All six boys reluctantly turned to meet a red-faced bull, one that was ready to charge through a metal gate if he absolutely had to.

 

“Uhm. Guys. I need help here.” a white-faced Kyungsoo said as he stood in front of Kai, ready to restrain him at any time.

 

“Just let him be.” Kris said nonchalantly, walking away from the group of boys. “It’s off school grounds so he can do whatever he wants, right?”

 

“That’s true...” Kyungsoo said. "It's not like he'll get detention or anything..."

 

His eyes shined brightly again as he followed Kris away from the man, not wanting to be involved with Kai's outburst. Tao and Xiumin followed the two and before Chanyeol could miss his chance at escaping the wrath of his angry hyung, he sprinted away from Kai, shouting ‘MIANHE!!!’.

 

“Poor boy.” Kris said with a straight face as he watched Chanyeol join the group, a frightened look on his face.

 

Despite the recent events, the five boys managed to leave the neighborhood peacefully, while at the same time savoring the quiet of the streets below. Soon enough,  the boys were too far away to hear the desperate cries of Kai.

 

“Did you hear something just now?” Chanyeol asked, turning towards the other guys. “I just felt a shiver run down my spine.”

 

Xiumin laughed.

 

"I didn't hear anything."

 

“Must be your imagination, Yeol.” Kyungsoo said with a grin.

 

“I concur.” Kris said with a wink. "I heard nothing at all."

 

"Hm. I guess it's just me then," Chanyeol shrugged.

 

"Probably," Tao smiled, throwing an arm around Chanyeol.

 

Before long, Kai was already buried in the back of their minds.

 

~*~

A/N:

Hello, readers~! Sorry for the delayed update =.= (This is also an unedited chapter, sadly...). I said I would update over Christmas Break (well, it technically still is), but it’s past Christmas and I wanted to get this up before New Years at least...Well, though I would call this a belated Christmas gift, I did leave off without telling you guys anything about the piece of paper in Luhan’s hand as well as that request that made Sehun go “O.M.G.”...So. Sorryyyyy~!!

 

 

P.S. Welcome to all new readers and hope you guys enjoy this chapter like the others <3

P.P.S. Once again, thank you to everyone for giving me such support for this fanfic and it's all because of you guys that I've gotten this far ^^ All of these new subbies and comments have given me motivation, as well as the upvotes!! Komowo ^^