Where He Lives

Playful Kiss Remake: The EXO Version

 

This chapter is unedited, but I hope you guys still enjoy it~! Sorry for the delay ^^"""


Previous chapter:

“Mwoya, is he a player or something? Already confessing to someone else?” Sehun muttered under his breath.

 

He barely spared a glance at his mother as he continued to chew on his piece of toast.

 

Mrs. Oh giggled as she rinsed a pair of chopsticks in the sink. Thank god for good hearing. She sensed something was going on with Luhan’s feelings towards Sehun, but she wasn’t completely sure if she was right and didn’t want to jump to conclusions. Now that she was more than sure, she was ready to do whatever it took to get the both of them on the right track.

 

Well, then again, his heart can’t be all ice anyway. Half of his genes are mine, so it’s not completely impossible...Especially with someone as nice as Luhan.

 

Her lips curved into a smile.

 

It’s about time I help Luhan crack open Sehun’s cold heart.

 

Chapter 12:

At Seoul High, there was an evident pattern: rumors rose up and rumors died down. It was like a broken record for all of the high school students there. Most of the students had already forgotten about Luhan’s confession to Sehun, but now another rumor has surfaced: Sehun personally visited Class F to ask for Luhan to be excused. They talked in the courtyard together in private. They exchanged bentos.

 

All of the students in Seoul High were talking about Luhan and Sehun. Several girls belonging to the Oh Sehun Fanclub had fainted because of this rumor. Hong Jangmi of the Oh Sehun Trio demanded an explanation despite the fact that no one had one. Basically, the hierarchy in Seoul High had been turned into huge chaos. Sehun plus Class F’s Luhan inevitably equaled an empty set and everyone knew it, regardless of whether they could solve math problems or not.

 

Luhan, who had woken up early in the Oh household, arrived at school first among other Class A students, and was given quite stereotypical looks which he gladly ignored as he continued to laugh towards no one in particular. Those who looked at him negatively regarded Luhan as a boy who had been rejected and then consequently lost his mind, hence the random laughter. "Typical among those who were rejected by Sehun," they were probably thinking as Luhan walked by practically smiling like an idiot. Those who looked upon him positively could see him as coming to school in a really good mood, though seriously? In reality, no one actually comes to school in a good mood, right? Come on.

 

Through normal routine, Luhan walked through the hallways on the way to his classroom, but instead of ignoring all of the students who had gotten used to shunning him, he said hi to each and every one of them, earning himself some of the most award-winning facial expressions in his whole high school career. Luhan failed to take notice of them as usual, per say. When he reached the hallway of his classroom, he eventually woke up from his flowery heavenly cloud 12 -- yes, he preferred cloud 12 over cloud 9, I wonder why -- gaze as he met face to face with the most peculiar situation. What he saw was so shocking that it was almost laughable.

 

“Joonmyeon...?” Luhan murmured with a tone of confusion.

 

What was he doing in this side of school? Luhan watched as Suho flinched, hearing his real name called out. Luhan found the scenario in front of him insane. Was he daydreaming or what? There Kim Joonmyeon was, holding his beautiful camera, to take fan cams of Kris from outside the classroom door. He was acting all sneaky and taking pictures through the window on the door, ducking whenever he thought someone was going to spot him. Luhan had a hard time fighting the urge to snicker at him. The last time Luhan had talked to Suho, Suho had told him that his camera only took pictures of beautiful things, beautiful objects, beautiful people. Did Suho really mean what he said?

 

 

 

No one else should be here at this time though...! Suho thought to himself as he heard a male's voice.

 

 

 

Luhan waited until Suho hesitantly turned around, scared to face whoever was there. He was in for a surprise.

 

In Suho’s opinion, he had thought he had his schedule perfectly calculated to his liking so no one would catch him -- not like he was doing anything illegal... Unfortunately, seeing that someone else was there besides him, he was disappointed. After all, he spent quite a while planning the whole thing out, literally step by step.

 

The first thing he does when he gets to school in the morning is take a trip to his locker. He drops off his coat and backpack before carefully taking out his Canon camera, his precious baby, and dangling it around his neck. After locking everything up, he takes the long way around school past the library and the school office to climb up the somewhat abandoned staircase which led to Class F’s wing. Suho would then arrive in front of the Class F room, spend fifteen minutes regretting his trip to Class F, and eventually give into his temptations, turning on his camera and snapping away, photo after photo.

 

Yes, Suho could easily be labelled a stalker. In fact, he had been found out at least once or twice already, seen in front of the Class F room, but the students who had encountered him found nothing weird about his presence. Suho was always bathed in a positive light, seen taking on "new challenges" by approaching the forbidden wing and taking photos, which apparently took a lot of bravery [note the sarcasm]. There were some students who were suspicious of Suho, though, and Suho made sure to take care of them. After all, he didn't want rumors spreading about him taking pictures of someone in Class F early in the morning. In case of emergency uses, Suho had planned out the scenario he would be taking part in to fool other students:

 

“Suho, a Class A student, simply using the excuse of a photography class project to take pictures of a rather sullen topic: the back side of the one he loved.”

 

Out of all people, Suho seemed to find the scenario cool and manly. Though, of course, Suho was known to hold unique thoughts of his own. However, all of the thoughts that ran through his head flew out in a matter of seconds the moment he met eye to eye with the most innocent being he could ever run into, one that had a 100% success rate in making him feel guilty: the deer-like Xi Luhan. Still holding his camera in the same position as he turned from the door, Suho accidentally took a snapshot of Luhan. A few seconds later, he constantly punished his index finger mentally for pressing the button by itself. His Class A Student facade easily dissipated as Luhan shot him a smile.

 

“Still into that photography habit of yours?” He asked leisurely, almost as if they were still the same best friends they were in middle school.

 

“What makes you think that?”

 

“It’s been a while since I’ve seen that camera, but I think I can guess your concept for this year’s project. The backside of the one you loved?”

 

Suho choked on his own saliva and stared at Luhan with a bewildered look.

 

“Don’t look at me like we’re strangers, hyung. You might act like one with me now, but you know inside that that was never true, ever since middle school.”

 

The silence that took place of Suho’s dialogue spoke volumes, and Luhan, taking the silence as the end to their conversation, shot Suho his friendly eye smile.

 

“Show me those pictures of Kris sleeping some day, will you? I’m getting curious as to how your photography project is turning out.”

 

Speechless, Suho watched as Luhan made his way to the classroom door and held it’s handle. He sensed Suho’s wavering feelings and before Suho could utter another word to compensate for the damage Luhan inflicted in his wall of composure, Luhan beat him to it.

 

“Kris won’t know about your visit. It’d hurt him more than it’d hurt you. I wish you’d keep that in mind.”

 

With that, Luhan strode into the room and headed straight for his desk in between Kris (a bear who seemed to have gone into a deep hibernation, but pulled it off like a photoshoot) and Xiumin (a baozi that was still quietly cooking in the steamer), completely ignoring the disheartened gaze following him from behind.  Luhan wasn't normally this bold towards people and especially Suho, seeing that they have been friends before, but Luhan just couldn't take the pained expression that appears on Kris's face ever so rarely whenever Suho passes by without acknowledging his existence.

 

It took Suho so long to move on, but he couldn’t seem to deny the feelings his heart was telling him. "You're not gay. You don't like him. Just avoid him and you will be fine," was what repeated in Suho's mind for over four years. Suho thought that he had made himself immune to his feelings, thought that he had healed his heart from any more damage. Unfortunately, he was wrong.

 

~*~

“May I please go to the bathroom?” Luhan asked with pleading puppy eyes as the teacher called on him during class.

 

“Neh, but next time, do it in between classes, arasseo?”

 

“Chesonghamnida!”

 

Luhan bowed slightly before rushing out of the room.

 

Staring at the clock, it was seven minutes till the hour would signal the end of the school day. With Luhan out of the room, it was the perfect time to start his “Fly-Around-The-World” segment of the day. Kyungsoo exchanged glances with Kai who in turn exchanged glances with Chanyeol, who with a confused gaze back at Kai, stared at Xiumin, Kris, and Tao for help. Kai rolled his eyes at the helpless puppy sitting near him and ripped a piece of paper out from his notebook. He carefully teared off the edges of the lined paper and crumpled it up, throwing it in the garbage can behind him.

 

After properly taking care of the piece of lined paper, he folded it into a beautiful Kai Airlines work of art. He prepared the plane for take off and watched it soar almost elegantly before landing smooth and steady onto Kyungsoo’s desk. No one could deny the satisfied expression Kai was wearing as he watched his art piece fly. Kyungsoo resisted the urge to make a comment in the middle of class as he received the airplane and instead, carelessly unfolded the blank airplane  much to Kai’s dismay. He scrawled a quick note onto it before folding it back up and roughly throwing it Kris’s direction just to annoy the heck out of Kai.

 

The plan worked and Kai slid his chair back from the desk, only to hear a screeching noise of the friction between the chair and the tiled floor. He knew he was screwed the moment he lost control of his anger and when the teacher turned around from the board, Kai instinctively bent down into his backpack as if he were fetching for a new pencil with a sharp tip. As the teacher turned her attention away from the class again, Kai shot a death glare at Kyungsoo who gladly pretended he didn’t see it as he stared at the teacher with an unfound interest in what she was saying. Kai made a mental note to kill him once the seven minutes of class were over.

 

Kris, on the other hand, stood up swiftly to catch the plane before it landed on another student’s desk. The throw was ridiculously sloppy and Kris didn’t even know why he bothered to stick with passing notes using a paper airplane. It was just a waste of his energy anyhow. He came to the conclusion that Kyungsoo was yet again in one of his mischievous moods, enough to get Kai angry for no particular reason. He casually sat back down just in time for the teacher to make a move and call on someone to answer a question the whole class didn’t even know how to answer. Smoothing down the crinkled piece of paper, he read the note Kyungsoo scrawled in sloppy letters.

 

It’s so Kyungsoo to act all bad guy with his handwriting....

 

Kris shook his head before neatly writing a reply. He passed the paper onto Xiumin and it went down the line until the abused piece of paper returned to Kyungsoo.

 


Aren’t you guys curious where Luhan’s living now? I’m so curious I might die!

- Kyungsoo

 

I would be but I’m more impressed by your skill at throwing paper airplanes.

- Kris (︶︹︺)

 

Kris, this is important! We have to know whether or not Luhan’s in good hands. My baby can’t be hurt!! Hannie, come into Xiuxiu’s arms!

- Xiumin (づ  ̄ ³ ̄)づ

 

Xiumin, I love you and all but I think it’s time we bring you to a therapist. Luhan’s not your son.

- Kris ღ

 

Stalk Luhan, go go!!

- Chanyeol ( ◐ o ◑ )

 

These hyungs are so useless sometimes...I don't care what we do, as long as it isn't illegal!

- Tao ( ゜ロ゜)

 

 

 

Kris, why the hell did you get the paper twice? Anyway, I agree with Xiumin. It’s time we checked up on my Lulu to make sure he’s okay. He’s been secretive lately!

P.S. My Lulu, wait for me!!! (⊙…⊙ )

- ~Guess who this is~

 

We all know who you are, pabo. It’s settled. Let’s follow Luhan after school!

P.S. Oh my god, why’d I even write this, the bell’s gonna ring in a minute...

P. P. S. I can’t believe I just wrote a P.S. like the person before me and I can’t believe I used the same face as Kris...the world is ending. =.=

- Kyungsoo (︶︹︺)

 

MEET AT SCHOOL GATES AT 3:00PM. WHOEVER’S LATE GETS DITCHED! ♡♡♡♡♡

 


Luhan ran into the classroom the second the bell rang and almost immediately, he felt a strange premonition of something mischievous going on. He met eyes with six guys holding creepy smiles on their faces as they filed out of the classroom one by one. Tao, being the last one to leave the classroom gave Luhan a smile before throwing out what seemed like shreds of ripped up notebook paper into the trash can.

 

“See you tomorrow, Luhan!” They chorused together.

 

Luhan could only nod, tilt his head in suspicion, and wish for the best as he packed up his backpack and left the classroom alone.

 

~*~

A/N:

This is somewhat a short chapter [and unedited] because I have a bunch of school work to do after this, but I hope you enjoyed it! Welcome to all the new readers; I can’t even express the happiness I feel after reading all of your comments~~ They give me so much motivation to update when I don't feel like updating... xDD

 

Gee, who’s looking forward to the adventure to stalk Luhan? I wish I was there ;3