In Trouble

Playful Kiss Remake: The EXO Version

Previous chapter:

Kai frowned and stopped struggling in Kris's grasp. "You're too nice. You know that, right? Why don't you just forget about him and come to me?"

 

Kris finally let go of Kai as the crowd started to disperse and the school bell rang. Kai was about to continue to rant about how much of a disgraceful brat Oh Sehun was, but Luhan interjected.

 

"Let's go to class, guys. We're late."

 

He started to walk towards the building, to go to the classroom at the end of the hallway, 5 rooms away from Sehun's: Class F

 

Chapter 2:

Papers and pens shuffled as the clock ticked its final minutes to nine. Kai stretched out his arms, awoken by the sounds, and yawned.

 

“I think I got enough sleep for the day,” Kai drawled, leaning his head back and winking at Chanyeol. He ignored the teacher’s glare directed his way.

 

Several kids snickered, glancing at the clock. They knew Kai had won the mental battle with the teacher yet again. It was almost a daily routine for the students, seeing Kai bring their teacher to the edge. As the teacher was about to open with the words “Kim. Jong. In.”, the bell rung.

 

“Saved by the bell again, Jongin,” Tao, a classmate of his, said, giving him a fistbump as he walked past Kai’s desk.

 

The teacher’s voice went unheard as students shuffled up to the front of the classroom, handed in their half-filled tests, and left. The teacher sighed, straightened up the pile of tests, and started to pack up.

 

Chanyeol, one of Kai’s followers, got up from his seat after unfolding the paper plane he made out of the test. He added it to the pile in front of the room before strolling back to his seat, swinging past the desks. He stopped in front of Kai who had a smirk on his face.

 

“Got her again.” Kai said triumphantly as he shoved his empty test paper into Chanyeol’s hands.

 

“Hyungnim, you did it again!” Chanyeol nodded his head frantically, his eyes glimmering with respect.

 

He grabbed his pencil from his own desk and quickly scribbled Kai’s name on the blank test before handing it in for him. Kyungsoo sat at the far corner of the room by the windows and lazily got up, swinging his backpack over his shoulder. He walked over to Kai and nudged him in the ribs.

 

“You gotta stop pranking the teacher like that if you want to graduate from high school.”

 

Kai looked at Kyungsoo expectantly. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes.

 

“I was kidding.”

 

Kai laughed and playfully punched Kyungsoo on the shoulder. His laughter quickly dissipated though, as he suddenly thought of his Lulu.

 

He looked over to find Luhan still sitting at his desk staring at his test paper. Oh, how he marveled at how perfect his Lulu looked when he concentrated on his tests. How Kai wished he could shrink Lulu and put him in his pocket. How could a guy like him be so perfect? From his golden brown hair to his luscious chocolate brown eyes, his petite pointy nose and his tempting rose red lips...so soft and delicious...

 

"Hyungnim!" "HYUNGNIM!" Chanyeol shouted, waving his hands in front of Kai's face.

 

Kai blinked, snapping out of his daze.

 

“Looks like Luhan hyung’s done with his test,” Kyungsoo said casually as Kai watched Luhan walk out the door.

 

“Lulu, Lulu, wait up!” Kai shouted.

 

He jumped out of his seat and bounded out the door.

 

“That idiot is so hopelessly in love.” Kyungsoo sighed.

 

He picked up Kai’s backpack from the floor and tossed it straight at Chanyeol, catching him off guard.

 

“Let’s go follow that idiot before he gets into more trouble.”

 

Kyungsoo headed out, swinging his own backpack over his shoulder. Chanyeol blinked, looking down at the backpack he was now hugging. He looked up.

 

“Hyung!! Wait for meeeee!”

 

~*~

 

Outside the classroom, there was a big commotion of students crowding over one another.

 

What the hell?

 

After a moment’s confusion, Kai groaned, remembering the time of year: final test results for first semester publicly posted on the bulletin board. His eyes caught Luhan on his tippy toes trying to get a better look at the list. He never knew why but Luhan always seemed eager to check his placement on the board, regardless of the fact that Luhan and their friends were always in last place.

 

“Make way! Make way!” A group of bratty girls, better known as the ‘Oh Sehun Fantrio' announced as they strutted down the hallway.

 

Students shuffled to the side as the three girls pushed through. These girls were described as the perfect girls at school, and there were three reasons why. Number one, they were pretty. Number two, they had a great family background, and number three, the leader of the trio was childhood friends with the Oh Sehun himself. Every student in the student body knew who she was: the flawless girl, Hong Jangmi.

 

Chanyeol and Kyungsoo immediately stumbled backwards as the trio formed a gap in the hallway for the incoming guys. Kai’s eyes flickered in anger and the rest of Class F noticed, instinctively signalling his followers to hold him back. Kyungsoo groaned.

 

“How many times do we have to hold Kai back because of this bratty ice prince?” He muttered to himself.

 

Kris and Xiumin, who had been on the other side of the hallway, dashed back to Kai’s side, noticing Kyungsoo’s unwilling face.

 

“On the count of 3, we’re going to hold this guy back, okay?” Kris whispered to his other friends. “You miss a beat, we’re all as good as dead.”

 

Xiumin nodded seriously. “As dead as burned baozi.”

 

Kyungsoo gave him a blank stare and Xiumin stared back, unfazed.

 

“What?” Xiumin asked.

 

Kyungsoo sighed, before shaking his head.

 

“Never mind.”

 

Kyungsoo turned his head away and after a moment’s hesitance, so did Xiumin. The whole hallway silenced as the students watched three guys turn the corner and enter the hallway. Luhan turned around from where he was standing and his eyes instinctively latched onto Oh Sehun, the guy in the middle, leading the group. The two other A students, Baekhyun and Suho, followed on opposite sides.

 

“1...” Kris started counting.

 

Several girls swooned as Baekhyun casually flipped his bangs to the side, among them being the innocent guy, Chanyeol.

 

“2...”

 

Kris elbowed him hard, enough for Chanyeol to wake up from his fantasies.

 

“Swoon over him later. Now’s not the time.” Kris said sarcastically.

 

Chanyeol sighed. “Okay, okay."

 

Kris pursed his lips, loosening his grip on Kai as the three approached, Suho giving him a brief glance before averting his eyes as he walked by. Kris consequently missed the third count and Kai took this opportunity to struggle loose from everyone, staggering into the middle of the hallway.

 

“OH SEHUN!” He shouted, staring at the backs of the three guys. "Stop right there!"

 

The three boys stopped in their tracks. Sehun let out a notable sigh.

 

“And here I thought we could get to our next class peacefully if we went this way,” Sehun muttered quietly.

 

Baekhyun laughed. “Like you could get from one classroom to the other without being bombarded with girls.”

 

Suho smirked. “Don’t forget the guys.”

 

Sehun rolled his eyes. "Don't remind me."

 

The three of them turned around.

 

"What do you want?" Baekhyun asked nonchalantly, directing his question at Kai.

 

It didn't seem to be the first time he had been confronted in a situation like this. Sehun just stood there, a look of disinterest coming from his posture.

 

Kai snorted, angrier that Sehun wouldn’t pay him the attention he wanted. "The ice prince is too cold to speak for himself, it seems?"

 

Baekhyun pursed his lips. “What the hell are you talking about?” He retorted.

 

Sehun put a hand on Baekhyun’s shoulder and Baekhyun let out a shaky breath. Baekhyun was quite known for losing his cool in arguments. Beyond that point, well...things get dangerous.

 

“Oh Sehun, what are you doing being a coward? Come here and fight me like a man!” Kai shouted.

 

Students around them blinked at Kai’s outburst, both confused and surprised. After all, only Kai could pull off an attitude like that in front of the smartest guy in the school. Sehun took a few steps forward, his hands shoved in his jean pockets. Baekhyun and Suho lingered behind.

 

“Class is starting in a few minutes. Whatever you have to say, end it quickly.”

 

The moment those words came out of Sehun’s mouth, Kai couldn’t resist the urge to punch the guy in front of him hard. Several kids took out their phones, ready to record the whole argument.

 

“How can you act so calm when you’ve just rejected the guy standing right in front of you?” Kai shouted at Sehun, pointing to Luhan standing to the right. Luhan’s eyes widened.

 

“What would make me act otherwise?” Sehun questioned.

 

Kai grimaced. “How could you reject someone this perfect?! He’s cute and nice and friendly, and furthermore, he’s completely in love with you!”

 

Luhan bit his lip, his cheeks slowly reddening as everyone turned to stare at him.

 

Oh great...Now everyone knows I confessed to the Oh Sehun this morning and got rejected!

 

“You want to know how I can reject someone that....’perfect’?” Sehun asked skeptically.

 

Kai held in his anger as he got more and more frustrated with Sehun’s attitude.

 

Sehun smirked. “So what if I rejected him this morning?”

 

He looked at Luhan.

 

“Luhan, was it?” He asked.

 

Luhan's heart skipped a beat as he caught Sehun’s stare. He nodded quickly.

 

“Y-yeah, my name is Xi Luhan.”

 

Kai observed Sehun’s every move as Sehun paused and walked over to the bulletin board. The “Oh Sehun Fantrio” reacted quickly, pushing students out of the way, giving Sehun easy access to the list of names. Unfazed by the action, Sehun gave a brief nod of thanks to Jangmi and for a second, her eyes sparkled with happiness.

 

Sehun’s eyes scanned the list. He pointed to his name, at its original number one position, and slowly ran his finger on a slanted diagonal across the list, landing on the separate piece of paper that had been stapled to the side of the bulletin board. "After School Help Class", it read. Underneath the headline were the names of the students in Class F, one of them being “Xi Luhan”.

 

He then spun around, locking eyes with Kai.

 

“You want an honest answer?” Sehun said, almost out of pure amusement.

 

Kai clenched his fists at his side and just nodded.

 

Sehun smiled. “You see...”

 

His gaze lingered on Luhan for a second, before returning to Kai.

 

“I don’t like stupid guys like him.”

 

There was a dead silence, before Kai lunged at Sehun, grabbing him by the collar of his shirt. Luhan whimpered.

 

“What the hell did you just say?!” Kai shouted. “Just because you’re number one on that list, it doesn’t give you the right to say bullcrap about other people!”

 

Sehun just stood there, allowing himself to be held by the collar. He gave Kai a small shrug.

 

“You asked for it.”

 

Kai raised his fist, ready to punch Sehun in the face, but felt a tug of his right sleeve. He looked down to see Luhan pleading with him not to fight.

 

“Just let it go, Kai. Let it go.” Luhan whispered. “Please?”

 

Kai flung Luhan off of him. “Luhan, stop defending this guy! He deserves a punch or two to wake up from his own little world.”

 

Right at that moment, all students hushed dead quiet and scattered off in different directions, leaving the hallway empty. Kris and Xiumin groaned as they saw the person they least wanted to see, enter the scene: the vice principal.

 

“Not again...” Xiumin muttered under his breath.

 

“He’s going to get it this time.” Kris said, sighing as he swung an arm over Xiumin’s shoulder.

 

“KIM JONGIN!” The vice principal’s voice boomed.

 

Kai froze in his spot as he heard the all too familiar voice.

 

“Hehehe, vice principal...” He said slowly before loosening his grip on Sehun’s collar.

 

“Are you aware that the bell rang two minutes ago?” He said, approaching Kai.

 

Kai cleared his throat and awkwardly rubbed his neck, looking down at the ground. The vice principal turned to Sehun.

 

“I am so sorry for the inconvenience, Sehun-ssi.”

 

He bowed.

 

“You’re our number one student, so of course this won’t be happening anymore. I promise your school experience will run smoothly from now on!”

 

Sehun gave the vice principal a disappointed look.

 

“I didn’t know Seoul High was only to this standard. Take care of that kid, will you?”

 

Sehun grabbed his backpack and nodded towards Baekhyun and Suho.

 

“Let’s go. We’re late for class.”

 

The three left the scene, leaving Luhan, his three friends, and the vice principal alone in the hallway.

 

“Kim Jongin, you’re coming with me.” The vice principal stated, reassuming his authority as he straightened his suit and left.

 

“Sorry, Kai...for getting in trouble because of me...” Luhan said quietly, staring at Kai.

 

“It wasn’t your fault. It was that bastard. How dare he call you stupid?” Kai said, gritting his teeth. “I’ll definitely get back at him later.”

 

Kai trudged off to follow the vice principal.

 

Kris sighed as Kai left. “Let’s just pray it’s not as serious as a permanent suspension this time.”

 

“Let’s hope so,” Xiumin replied as he put his arm around Luhan. “Let’s go. Oh Sehun and his friends might be excused for being late, but I’m more than sure we’re in for punishment.”

 

This time, all three of them sighed as they walked to their next class.

 

~*~

A/N:

Hmmmm....I wonder what’s coming next...I’ll give you a couple of hints...

Hint: House, Charity, Dad’s friend, Moving in(?)

Hehe, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, and thank you to all the new subbies! ;D I owe you guys bunches for the comments <3