The Collapse

Playful Kiss Remake: The EXO Version

A/N: Sorry for a delayed update!! I was on vacation to London and Paris...Not only was it a whole lot of walking, but when I finally got the time in my second hotel, the wifi was terrible. All I could do was lay on bed and think about how I could be updating right now...I’m not even kidding. XD But, thanks for waiting! ^^ Here’s the new update and welcome to all new subbies ;D

 

Previous chapter:

They all turned back to stare at Kai, who just sat there and ate his rice balls. Xiumin, unaffected by the gloomy mood, smiled.

 

“Looks like Luhan’s finally getting his game on.” He said to no one in particular.

 

He eyed Kris’s leftover lunch. The sushi looked so tempting. Xiumin his lips before pointing at Kris’s lunch box.

 

“Can I have one?”

 


[EXTRA]

“No.” Kris said, taking another sushi between his chopsticks and dipping it into the soy sauce.

 

He put it in his mouth and chewed.

 

“Mmmmmmm...” He said, emphasizing it’s delicious taste.

 

Xiumin pouted, Kris ignored. Suddenly, Xiumin’s eyes lit up. Kris gave him a suspicious stare; Xiumin returned it with a sickeningly sweet smile. Kris’s facial expression darkened.

 

“Don’t even start_”

 

“Did you know? The newest Gucci carry-on duffel is available for pre-order today!” Xiumin said, all smiles. “I bet Tao would be thrilled to hear about this. It costs 1593216 won though. Whoever’s going to be buying this for him must be broke after the purchase...I wonder if he’ll even be able to afford lunch!”

 

Kris groaned at the image that flashed in his head and covered his face with his hands. The image of Tao doing his aegyo in front of him and him readily agreeing to help Tao buy the bag...He didn’t even want to hear or think about it anymore. Without another word, he pushed his bento box towards Xiumin.

 

“I really hate you, you know that?”

 

“Trust me, I know.” Xiumin said, leaning over the bento box.

 

Kris rubbed his temples.

 

“Just hurry up and take one.”

 

Xiumin grinned, and without hesitation, grabbed a sushi and popped it into his mouth.

 

“You better not tell Tao about that new duffel bag.”

 

Xiumin nodded before grabbing another piece of sushi.

 

Ah...Gucci always works..

 


Chapter 4:

Luhan rushed out of the cafeteria and let out the breath he had been holding in as he glanced down the hallway. Sehun was still in sight. He followed Sehun, carefully keeping a 10 feet distance between both of them. When they reached the library, Luhan watched as Sehun strided through the aisles, his fingers gliding over the book spines as he looked for a book. Luhan silently followed him from the other side of the book shelf, watching through the small crevices above the books. When Sehun pulled a book out of the shelf, Luhan quickly dodged the place where the book was removed, stumbling backwards until he was sitting on the ground. He felt his own heartbeat pound against his chest as he waited. Luckily, after a few seconds of crouching on the floor, he heard Sehun walk away.

 

That was close. I better not get caught, otherwise, I won’t be able to come here anymore.

 

Luhan slowly got up and quickly pulled a random book out of the shelf, his eyes following Sehun. He silently walked out of the aisle over to a table a few feet away from Sehun’s. He pulled his chair out and took a seat. When Sehun glanced over in his direction, he quickly opened up the book in his hand and pretended to read. When he felt his gaze go away, he looked over at Sehun again and watched him read.

 

It has been three years since Luhan has secretly liked Sehun. Three years. However, only recently has he realized that observing Sehun in the library was one of the best things to do. This side of Sehun, the Sehun whose face is peaceful, concentrated; it’s one of the sides Luhan can’t leave out of his agenda. Every movement Sehun makes, whether it’s turning the page of a book, biting the tip of his pen, taking notes, or just his lips, it gets Luhan all tingly. Xiumin and Kris always encourage him to make a move or to just do something about this unrequited love, but Luhan knows it isn’t that simple. It’s been Luhan’s hobby, to watch Sehun from afar. Watching Sehun in the library during the second half of lunch has become his new favorite event of the day, and Luhan couldn’t think of anything better that would make up for the past three years than being able to watch Sehun quietly without being disturbed.

 

After what seemed like a matter of five minutes, Luhan almost jumped out of his seat as he watched Sehun get up, put his book away, and head for his direction. Luhan had been zoning out in his so-called “Oh Sehun World” and failed to notice what time it was. As Sehun was about to pass him, Luhan hastily picked up his book, flipped to a random page, and stared intently at a particular sentence.

 

“I didn’t know you were interested in arithmetics,” Sehun said from behind.

 

Luhan’s heart almost beat out of his chest as he heard Sehun’s voice behind him.

 

“U-umm. Y-yeah.” Luhan managed to stutter out.

 

Sehun rolled his eyes before speaking with a tone of sympathy. "What was your name again?"

 

"X-xi Luhan!" Luhan said, staring at the cover of his book rather than Sehun's face. Sehun gave the book a little tap, running his finger down the side of the page. He lifted his finger.

 

“Luhan-ssi, next time, you might want to consider reading the book right side up rather than upside down.” He said, patting Luhan on the shoulder. "It might actually improve your grades a bit."

 

Sehun Luhan’s eyes widened at the skinship for a moment but his jaw dropped as he processed what Sehun had just said. He looked down at his book and groaned inwardly. He had been holding it upside down the whole time.

 

So much for maintaining your image, Luhan. Really.

 

“I-it’s not what you think.” Luhan said, slamming the book close.

 

He grabbed his backpack and scrambled out of his seat.

 

“Oh?” Sehun said with an amused tone. “And just what am I thinking?”

 

Luhan’s face reddened. “I-it’s nothing!”

 

He half-ran out of the library, ignoring the calls of the librarian telling him to slow down. Sehun shrugged.

 

“I wonder who’s stupid enough to like someone like him...” He murmured as he walked out of the library.

 

He stopped in his tracks as he noticed an envelope in front of him on the ground. A deer sticker was placed on the envelope flap to seal it, and the front said “To: Oh Sehun”. He picked it up.

 

Isn’t this that boy’s confession letter?

 

Sehun scoffed.

 

So careless, dropping something like this here.

 

He tucked the envelope into his pocket and walked off.

 

~*~

“We’re finally done!” Kai cheered.

 

 

Kai had just helped set down the last piece of furniture in the house and at last, the moving was done. Though the house was a mess, Luhan and his dad finally moved into the new house Luhan's dad had constructed himself. Xiumin and Luhan joined in with the cheering as Mr. Xi entered the kitchen with several cans of coke.

 

“Drink up!” He said, handing them out. Everyone grabbed a can. “I need to thank you all for your hard work helping Luhan and I settle into our new house, after all.”

 

“Thanks, dad!” Luhan said happily, taking the bottle. He flashed his dad an innocent eye smile.

 

Kris, who was standing next to the two of them, sighed.

 

“Luhan, you’re too cute for your own good.” Kris said, patting Luhan’s head.

 

“Yah, stop harassing Luhan!” Xiumin said, smacking Kris’s hand away.

 

He hugged Luhan’s shoulder and brought him close to him.

 

“He’s mine and only mineeee! ...Until Sehun claims him, but STILL!”

 

Xiumin stuck his tongue out at Kris. Suddenly feeling the cold shoulder, he turned to see Kai glaring at him. Xiumin shrugged in his direction, refusing to let go. Kai sulked, wanting to steal Luhan and hug him, but knowing that if he did so, Luhan would be disappointed to be separated from Xiumin. After all, they were really close friends.

 

“Whatever..” Kris said, rolling his eyes as he cracked open his bottle.

 

Luhan laughed as everyone gathered around the kitchen table and took a seat.

 

Kai immediately stood up from his chair and faced Mr. Xi. “You don’t have to thank me for the hard work. I do whatever it takes to be your perfect son-in-law, abeoji!”

 

Kai bowed and Xiumin and Kris shook their heads in disapproval.

 

“What a up..” Kris murmured.

 

“I totally agree...” Xiumin murmured back, both of them finally agreeing on something for the first time.

 

Luhan giggled at the agreement. The first time they agree on something so quickly, and it happens to be about Kai up to my dad. Kai turned around and glared at the two. Kris and Xiumin, in turn, put their hands in the air.

 

“Guilty as charged.” They both said simultaneously, shrugging.

 

Mr. Xi let out a hearty chuckle. “You kids are so entertaining. I’m glad Luhan has you guys as friends. I was starting to get worried that Luhan wouldn’t even have friends at all since he doesn’t have a mother...”

 

Luhan pouted. “Dadd!!”

 

“Oh, I’m more than glad to be Luhan’s friend, even without saying, Mr. Xi!” Kai butted in again, practically hugging Luhan. “I’ll always be there to help Luhan so you don’t have to worry about your son being lonely. Leave him to me!”

 

This time, Luhan, Kris, and Xiumin rolled their eyes. Mr. Xi just smiled.

 

“It’s good that there’s someone I can rely on to take care of Luhan!” He said in reply.

 

 

Luhan sighed. "Dad, just ignore this guy. He can get over-obsessive at times..." He whispered.

 

 

Kai scrunched up his face, but closed his mouth and stopped talking, obedient to Luhan's words.

 

“Looks like Kai’s doing a good job as a future son-in-law!” A voice shouted from outside, interrupting the conversation. “Even his father-in-law approves of him!”

 

Everyone turned to see Kyungsoo, Chanyeol, and Tao walk through the front door.

 

“Hey!!” Luhan grinned, waving his hand furiously at the three approaching boys.

 

“Again, they come.” Xiumin said flatly.

 

Kris put his arm around Xiumin’s shoulder as if comforting him. “I completely understand you, bro.”

 

“Hey guys!” Chanyeol shouted as he entered the kitchen, being unneccesarily loud like usual. “Sorry we’re late...we WERE going to help with moving things into the house...”

 

He then turned to Mr. Xi, as if he suddenly realized an adult was in the house.

 

“Ah, I forgot to greet you...Annyeonghaseyo, Mr. Xi!” He bowed 90 degrees.

 

Mr. Xi, flattered, slightly bowed back. “Nice to meet you. Your name is...”

 

“Oh, my name is Chanyeol! Park Chanyeol.” Chanyeol grinned. “I’m also called the happy virus, hahaha~”

 

Tao sighed as he entered the house and heard Chanyeol's laugh. No one could ever figure out what Chanyeol laughed at, or sometimes, what Chanyeol was even laughing about. To all of them, it was still a mystery.

 

“I can understand that..” Mr. Xi remarked, staring at Chanyeol.

 

Everyone laughed. As Mr. Xi went to get another three bottles of Cola for the three newbies, Kai got up to let the three pass him, but was accidentally bumped into the wall as Kyungsoo and Chanyeol both pushed to get through. A loud thud was heard as he collided with the wall. Luhan winced.

 

“Ow...” Kai winced as he rubbed his shoulder. He glared at the two. “You guys could be more careful, you know!”

 

“Sorry...” Chanyeol whimpered.

 

“Are you okay?” Luhan asked, rubbing Kai’s shoulder to ease the pain.

 

Kai grinned. “Ah, you’re so irresistibly lovable!!”

 

He pinched Luhan’s cheeks and Luhan scrunched up his nose in annoyance.

 

“Uhm. Guys?” Kris said abruptly, ignoring Kai’s moment.

 

He seemed to be staring intently at the table.  

 

“What?” Tao replied, quickly giving Kris attention.

 

“I think...the drinks on the table are..Okay, don’t get me wrong, maybe I’m hallucinating..” Kris started. “But..I think the drinks on the table are..shaking...”

 

Luhan was the first to react.

 

“Eyyy, how could it be...maybe someone’s drilling something outside? Is there construction?”

 

All of a sudden, the whole house seemed to shake completely. Mr. Xi quickly ran into the kitchen.

 

“I think it’s an earthquake!” He shouted. “Everyone get out right now!”

 

Kris got up right away and began to push the others out of the house. Tao joined in to help Kris, moving the boxes away from the exit and lending people a hand.

 

“Pali, pali!” Kris strained, helping Kyungsoo and Chanyeol out of the house.

 

In return, Kyungsoo and Chanyeol hastily pulled Mr. Xi, who had been standing there staring at his kitchen, out of the house as well.

 

The house shook again, and this time the shaking became more violent and continued getting worse. The drinks began to slide off of the table and spill all over the ground, while the plates hung up on the wall, fell and shattered into pieces. One of the main structures of the house started to make cracking noises, and Kris began to panic. He checked around his surroundings to see if anyone else was still in the house. He saw Luhan struggling to lift up a box on the floor. Kris immediately went to grab Luhan.

 

“Luhan, don’t worry about your stuff, just get out!” He said, pulling Luhan up.

 

“W-wait, t-that box has my mom’s stuff in it!” Luhan cried, struggling to reach the box.

 

Kris couldn’t help but feel his heart break a little, seeing Luhan’s desperate face, but he knew he had to get Luhan out of here right at this moment.

 

“Luhan, get out right now and I’ll take the box.” Kris said firmly. “Tao, help him out and get out yourself, too.”

 

“But, hyung..!” Tao protested, staring at Kris.

 

“Just go!” Kris urged, giving them a push.

 

Tao had never seen Kris speak this much or show this much emotion in a while, and knew that he should just listen to whatever he said. With the last bit of hesitation, Tao led Luhan out, running before a beam fell out where they had been standing moments before. Luhan whimpered as he watched the beam collide with the front door, snapping the door into two.

 

Kris wasted no time as he dodged the pieces of wood that had now begun to fall from the ceiling and made his way to the cardboard box. He tried lifting it and realized it was really heavy. It was still manageable, but if it hadn’t been someone like him, that person would not have been able to carry it out alone.

 

Xi Luhan, why did you have to be so stupid and try to carry this out with you?! You should’ve asked me for help...

 

Kris gritted his teeth as he lifted the box from the ground. He heard the voices of Tao, Luhan, and Xiumin tell him to get out of the house this instant. Xiumin’s voice seemed the loudest. He smiled. At least that jerk still cared about him. He took the box into his hands and carefully avoided the shards of glass and slippery floor beneath him as he tried to make a move. Kris began to cough as the wooden particles along with dust from the house foundations polluted the air. He heard the ceiling start to crumble inward. He pursed his lips and made a run for it.

 

Did I make it...? I...think I see Luhan’s face...

 

His vision blurred out and he felt what seemed to be the rocky texture of concrete beneath him. His hands loosened their grip, and the last thing he heard before he out was the sound of a house collapsing and the sounds of people crying.

 

...On a second note, he seemed to have heard someone call him a jerk, too.

 

~*~

A/N:

This is kind of..unedited, but I hope you enjoyed the chapter! I wonder what’s going to happen with the confession letter...and the house...Where will Luhan and his dad live?! O_O”

 

Comments and votes are welcome to motivate and support my writing! ^^