Chapter 6 - What is going on?

Passion or Desire?

Her cute facial features, waking up to that could put a smile on anyone’s face. As long as I have known her... I am proud of what she has made of me today.

 

Long brown hair, milky skin that seemed to seep into the covers.

 

I have been thinking about you so much, I've been thinking about forever.

 

Do you not think so far ahead?

 

I remember, how could I forget how you feel?

 

Maybe I'll realize once my life goes into color, from all this black and white."

 

I finally changed into a pair of my own clothes, sniffing it to check if I even washed it. I watched as her eyes turned back to face forward, she caught me.

 

"Babe, what are you doing?" Jessica asked before I interlaced my fingers with hers.

 

"I'm making sure I smell good enough for my lover," quickly covering up what she saw.

 

"Mhm.. Anyways, we going to see Yul?" Jessica's fingers began to fiddle with the corner of her shirt.

 

"Yeah, you okay..?" I asked rubbing her palm.

 

“Why wouldn't I be okay?” She seemed a bit distant, distraught almost. I let her hand go, staring at her intently.

 

"Hyo, don't look at me like that..” she exasperatedly walked towards the car at the loss of our touch. What have I..?

 

“Babe.. I’m going to just.. take my car,” I handed her car keys back and walked through the garage searching my bag for my set of keys. I know I didn't do this to expect her to call me back, but it hurts that she didn't stop me. A rush of air blew by me as I continued on my walk, I caught a glimpse of her hair passing by and her car turning the corner right through her front gate. Why is this even happening?

 

I dragged my heels against the asphalt, listening to the wooden heels of my combat boots earn a subtle scratch as I slowly moved one foot over the other. My hands reached deep into my pockets, goosebumps rising towards the surface as the nerves in my body finally realized how cold this day was without her warmth. I tightened the scarf around my neck, pulling snug on the collar of my leather jacket. Flicking my locks back behind my shoulder I finally walked steadily towards the handle of the car unlocking the driver side door. Almost in instinct I dropped my bag between the seats in the back of my car before starting it, warming the seats.

My body seemed to lean forward on it's own, I rested my tired head on the steering wheel trying to find some comfort. This morning had spoke in sweet whispers to me that there should be some warning, it seemed too strange. too quiet. I leaned back into my seat once more noticing a sheet of snow along the ground of the parking loop. If I had been comfortable for that long why haven't I got notified? I sighed noticing my breath reach up into the cold air of the car, my hands cramped into the shape of the wheel. I turned the radio on to distract my mind from wandering. Slowly, I pushed my foot onto the gas pulling into the white streets, noticing each flake of soft snow place light dots against my windshield.

 

A red light filled one snowflake directing me to stop, I promptly the wipers, watching what used to be slide away with one swipe. I know this may be crazy but I began to smile, she has changed me. I shook my head and before I knew it I was in front of the apartment I had been at the day before. Right in front was my one and only’s car covered in a fine layer of snow showing that she has been here for quite some time. I took my keys out of the ignition leaving the car and locking it not bothering to grab my other things.

 

I climbed the familiar stairs knocking on the door where I had thought to meet her.

 

“Hyo.. you’re here,” Yuri spoke softly as she opened the door.

 

“As I did promise..” I pushed one foot through the door looking into her flickering eyes, there was something she was hiding.

 

“Correct, but I doubt Jessica would like to hear this,” she confessed pushing my foot out of the way and closing the door.

 

“okay, speak?” I asked growing impatient, “I know there is something you aren't telling me.”

 

“Well I had told her mother about you because her mom has already given permission to marry another man, I wanted her to know she had someone. Once you got drunk I kissed you, taking you home with me before calling her mom to know that I had you, I know it was wrong to do that to you. To you both but..” she seemed to stop too abruptly holding onto her breath. I shook my head taking a step back.

 

“But.. what?” I leaned forward to listen to hear her answer as clearly as possible.

 

“I love... tea... would you like to come in now? We can get some..” hesitatingly she opened the door.

 

“Why don't you just tell me Yuri?” I asked helping her with the door.

 

“You won't let me..” she answered softly.

 

“I won't?” My eyebrows began to crease as I entered the pearly white apartment, looking around at the same furniture.

 

"There you are baby," a girl at the couch turned smiling. Her smile disappeared as she saw us standing next to each other.

 

"Sica..." I tried to call out but my lips, my body wouldn't let me do it.

 

"Hyo.. How could you..?" She answered, what? I didn't do anything, what did I... How could I what...?

 

"How could you take advantage of Yuri like that?” She stood with a grimace I have never seen before. What have I really done? I honestly didn’t want to go through another emotional day, tricking me to have Jessica’s parents hate me and now her also. Why did I get attached..? I then smiled to myself realizing the truth, why she was suddenly distant, why my body doesn't want to do what I want.

 

My gaze began to fog, the sound seemed to mute, her words sounding like light whispers in the air directed towards someone else. My feet moved me towards the door, my cold hand touched the knob, twisting to feel the cool metal mold with the pressure. The wooden door swung open, I didn't look back, for my body knew if I did it would be like breaking my heart. My heart can’t take a break, my feet continuously went on picking up speed as I descended the stairs of the complex. I had no intention of taking the elevator, a chance to see people? Please, that may be the last thing I need..

 

My eyes seemed to watch the long stripe across the stairs, as I began to go deeper into the building. Then I saw a sudden break, the one thing I didn't want to see along the way. A person.

 

“Hyoyeon?” the girl stared at me bewildered, I gave the most sincere smile I could give yet she seemed to stare. Unintentionally? Maybe...

 

“Yes Seohyun?” I answered feeling my chapped lips part, the world slowly seemed to come back, I saw the full of the stairs and the girl’s silhouette as the sound seemed to fill my ears. The sound of footsteps approached quickly.

 

“Bye Hyunie,” I whispered once more feeling my body go into it's alternate dimension again, this time my body moved double time. I my chapped lips again resting my right hand on the rail for support my heels clicked one at a time down the long stairs. The light of the distant door caught my eye as I lifted off into a full on sprint. My hand then settled on the doors frame, this is it Hyoyeon. Go. The light seemed almost blinding as I ran out onto the crisp streets, I breathed in deeply feeling the chill reach one with my body.

 

A gust of wind glided across my face, almost as strong as a slap then it finally registered in my brain, that the “gust of wind” really was a slap. I turned my head slightly as I gripped onto my car door, “what..”

 

“Hyoyeon, what in the world is wrong with you?!” The blonde reached out for me, I swatted her hand quickly as I threw open the door. I entered and sat quickly not paying attention for safety and pushed on the gas.

 

“Nothing... Nothing at all..” I felt my hand tighten against the wheel. Where am I even going..?

 

My phone began to play a sweet melody on the passenger side seat, “Hyobaby!! Answer the phone! It’s me!”

 

Without realizing it tears started to flow down my cheeks, it seemed to burn since i had just been in the cold. I took a deep breath picking up my cell phone.

 

“Hello..?” I asked simply.

 

“HYOYEON! Why did you leave? You used her apartment not too long ago and you didn't even thank her. What is with you?” her voice seemed like daggers, and this seemed to be the first time she has scared me with her cold features. MY body feels as if someone just put me into a meat locker.

 

“I'm sorry Jessi-” I tried to apologize until she scoffed.

 

“don't apologize...just come back..?” she seemed to quiet down with her last sentence.

 

“I have some errands, I’m sure Yul won't mind if you are there,” I hung up quickly driving towards work. I grabbed my plain white shirt from the back of the car and walked into the club right into the staff room up the stairs. I began pulling off my scarf and jacket, I then pulled over my shirt exposing my back to whoever came into the room.

 

“Why are you early? I expect you to be with that new girlfriend of yours,” Sunny’s voice called out behind me.

 

“What are you talking about Bun-” I turned around to see no one at the door, I just shook it off and put on my white shirt buttoning it. Maybe my conscience took the voice of Sunny.

 

“Need help with that?” a different voice called out as i wrapped my bowtie around my neck.

 

“Uh yes.. yes please..” I turned around to see a girl I have never seen before, her eyes seemed to be larger than anyone else’s I’ve seen.

 

“I’m sorry but may I ask who you are..?” I looked at her as she continue to tie.

 

“I’m new here, I came early to talk to the boss but it seems she isn't here..” the girl replied as she finished her job.

 

“Are you trying to evade to say your name.. or?” I asked settling my hand on her shoulder, the simple gesture seemed to cause her to whip away at once.

 

“I'm sorry if i intruded your space, forgive me..” I said as I grabbed my vest located on the bench, I pushed my arms through the holes and looked at the nearby lockers, “I'm guessing that one is yours?”

 

I looked at the one open locker that seemed to be refinished and cleaned, the name seemed to pop out in bold letters. ‘Sandara Park’

 

I turned at my heels and looked at the girl straight into her eyes, her blonde hair swept against her shoulders and at that moment it registered in my mind as to watch she had been wearing. Her uniform was almost identical to mine except for the fact that she had no tie, her first couple buttons were ed and she had no vest.

 

“So.. Dara. Are you the new bartender?” I asked putting the rest of my belongings into my locker.

 

“Yeah.. are you the current one?” She asked picking up a paper in which she handed to me.

 

‘Hyoyeon,

 

I’m going to be gone so can you train this bartender? Eunhyuk has to go back to his parents for some reason, I have to take care of Jiyoung and her friends tonight. Take care of the place. Thanks so much.

 

Taeyeon.’

 

“So you knew all along that she wasn't here? Yet you came early,” I asked shoving the paper in my back pocket.

 

“Yeah, I knew but.. why are you here so early? It's the middle of the day,” her gaze seemed almost as scary as Jessica’s but I could handle this. She had a sweet tone to her voice.

 

“I asked you first,” I pushed her shoulder as she let another unsatisfied face make it over her own.

 

“Fine, the boss said I could live here upstairs... I heard someone come in so I had to check it out. You seemed to have a key so I didn't take it so harshly on you, and kind of went to the conclusion that you were going to be Hyoyeon,” she walked out of the locker room door and into the employee loft. We then walked across the room in which the balcony was located, the once unkempt room now had a made bed and small dresser on the side.

 

“Not that I don't want you living here, but why? Do you know Taeyeon well?” I looked over at her face which seemed to go grim.

 

“Maybe we’ll talk about that another day..” I said as i pulled her hand to the balcony and to the ashtray I had left here all those years ago when I first started working here. The white streets seemed empty except for the lights in all the buildings down the streets causing the snow to glow.

 

“Dara.. you don't have to tell me your life story, but i'm here if you need anything, even if I’m in pain or hurting don't hesitate to call,” I turned and held onto her shoulder before I walked back into her room.

 

“She took me in...” her voice was like a slight wisp of air. It came and went ever so slightly, “she found me beaten up, don't get me wrong I just... I had some troubles..”

 

I had to cut her off, so I pulled onto her hand holding onto the rail, “We’ll talk about that another time, how about we get you some training..?”

 

She smiled and nodded, I looked down to her hand. It should be cold from holding onto that bar so long but it seemed to be as if she had kept them under a warmer. I pulled her down the stairs towards the bar and stood next to her letting go of her hand.

 

“Since it's your first day I’ll let you polish glasses, what school did you go to for bartending?” I picked up a clean glass and poured a shot of tequila.

 

“I actually didn't go to one.. I told Taeyeon that I could just be a waitress but she seemed to worry so much about me. She wanted you to watch over me, and I see why now, you are very affectionate Hyoyeon,” she smiled as she took the rag I handed her. I took the one shot and paid for the alcohol I just consumed.

 

“Most people would say the opposite to that,”I chuckled as I began to wash the glass I used, wiping it down with an extra rag, “Anyway, I guess whenever I work, you work. You can clean up some glasses and we’ll split the tips. I’ll introduce you to some of the regulars.”

 

“Hyoyeon...” her quiet voice called out between the glasses we had been polishing.

 

“Hmm?” I asked seeing the time across the room. 4:00 some of the girls may be coming in soon.

 

“Is there something bothering you?” she asked a bit too innocently. I smiled and shook my head.

 

“I like to think that they are little obstacles that take lots of effort to get over,” I hung the glass I had just polished. I turned to see her inches away from me, “woah.. girl you scared me..”

 

She took a step back and bowed, “sorry..”

 

“YAH! stop always worrying so much,” I wrapped my arms around her, holding her as if we have known each other all our lives.

 

“I’m sorry...” she said again.

 

“WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT THAT?” I squeezed her tighter earning a smile from the smaller girl.

 

“okay okay Hyo...” she said as I let her go, I looked up to see Tiffany holding the door for a shocked Jessica.

 

I picked up another glass to continue polishing, Dara did the same watching intently at the technique I used. The other blonde sat directly in front of me, elbows outstretched leaning towards me just as when we first met. Tiffany approached behind her holding her bag containing her uniform for that night.

 

“Evening Hyo, this girl was asking me where you were, I had a feeling you would be here,” Tiffany teased as she walked her way towards the stairs.

 

“Funny Tiff, can you help me with Dara when you come down?” I answered as she began her way up the stairs.

 

“No problem Hyobabe,” The loud mouth called out from farther away. I kept my eyes on the glasses handing them to Dara to hang them up.

 

“Can I get something to drink... or?” The girl in front of us asked, Dara looked at me with a questioning look. She noticed me suddenly getting quiet in the presence of Jessica.

 

“Sorry we aren’t open at the moment, you may need to wait 3 or more hours,” I answered handing another glass to Dara.

 

“Hyo, maybe we should just give her one,” Dara asked with worried eyes.

 

“Very well, what would you like?” I looked up into her eyes expecting to see her furious, and I was correct. In a way..

 

“Cuba Libre. I like this girl. Dara is it?” she looked to Dara who seemed to shy behind my back.

“Dara, this is Jessica. A close friend,” I handed her the drink as I introduced the two.

 

“I would think more than that..” Jessica took a sip and looked to Dara like she was on a hunt. Dara understood right away scooting further away from me realizing what had been bothering me that night.

 

“I’m going to ask Tiffany anymore questions I have, thanks Hyoyeon,” the skinny girl disappeared up the stairs.

 

“I knew you were a player, but seriously?” Jessica accused right away, all I could do was smile.

 

“Dara? The girl I’m helping? Who maybe was left on the streets for how many nights and doesn’t honestly remember the last time she has been loved? She is a great friend. I’ll be going home for a nap, I’ll see you there if you want to join me..” I blurted out walking towards the door pulling out the keys from deep in my pocket driving away from Jessica a second time that day. I exited out onto the Jung property and walked my way through the back to the guest house, feeling the snow crunch underneath the dress shoes I had to wear to work.

 

Kicking off those same shoes as I entered the house I pulled my vest off and ran up the stairs to our bed, I laid down quickly feeling the soft pillow mold with my head. The door downstairs slammed and a furious girl entered the room.

 

“WHAT IS WITH YOU TODAY?!”Jessica thundered as she entered our room, she put her face centimeters away from mine. I left my eyes closed as her screaming continued, after I couldn't take it anymore I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her into my arms.

 

“Tell me.. do you love me?” I kissed her lightly continuing into a deeper kiss but, despite her hatred for me that day she kissed back. She looked down to me, eyes opening slowly.

 

“uhm.. well.. uhh..” I watched as she slumped against the bed feeling her lips, “I.. love you Hyoyeon...”

 

“That’s all I needed to hear..” I pulled her on top of me using her to keep warm again during this winter season, “I love you Jessica.”

 

“Hyo..”she whispered softly, “don't sleep...”


At that moment, I couldn't stop, my lids seemed to have weights and I began to sink deeper and deeper into sleep. Yet I could still feel her moving in my arms.


I was quite busy so I owe you guys two more updates this week. I know this Chapter kind of and you guys wil probably hate me after you read it but I love you guys for still reading my stuff. Please excuse any mistakes and I hope you enjoy it.

Thank snsdhyosica for getting me to finally update. I said a week but it ended up being two so that is why I owe you all two more this week. 

Have a great night lovelies.

-Kai

comment.subscribe.yellatme

PS I have a photography job these next two weeks so I have no idea how Im going to write for you guys but... I WILL FIND A WAY!