Heading Home

Will You Still Love Me? Or Will You Hate Me?

Did you know that our daughter is beginning to resemble you more and more each day.

The harder I try to forget you the harder it is for me not to.

Everything about her reminds me of you.

Her lips, her tiny nose, and the way she acts at times.

She all got it from you. It's just sad that you weren't there to hold her.

At times, I wonder how can we create something so beautiful as this?

Do you remember the day you confess to me?

The day, I got on the back of your bicycle. You told me to held on to your waist as you pedal.

I did not know where you were taking me but you took me to an open field where the wheat grew long and tall.

I was mad at you that day for ignoring me but in the end you made it up to me.

"Maki-chan, you and I have known each other since the day you entered high school," There was tremble in your voice that I detected

but I acted like I did not notice.

"Yeah, we have" I said pretended to look at the view

"There is something I wanted to ask you for a very long time" you hesitated for a moment.

"What is it" I asked in alert.

When you took that long paused, I thought that you were going to end our friendship

But.

I was wrong instead you said "You took my breath away from the moment I laid eyes on you. I know it's silly but will you go out with me?"

I looked at you with confused eyes. You just looked away, afraid of what my answer would be. "Forget it" You said calmly.

A smiled curved up on my lips as I answered your question.

"Tomohisa Yamaa!" I called you by your whole name. "I would love to go out with you"

Did you know from that day, you made me the luckiest girl in the world because I had you.

"Sorry to wake you, Miss" I could feel someone tapping me on my shoulder.

My eys slowly opened, seeing a flight attendence in blue uniform stand beside me.

I had not realized that I had fallen asleep, and my daughter still asleep my arms.

"The plane is about to land. Can you put your child back to her seat with her seat belt on and pull your chair up," She said with courteously.

I did exactly what she said, and then I pulled out my pen to finish filling out the Custom Declaration form.

I never did like taking long flight going from the U.S to Japan and back. My parents had send me to Japan to live with my grandparents and every holiday I would go back to the States to spend time with my parents.

I still can't believe that I'd be back here again. So many memories, I left behind and I don't even know if you're still in Japan or if you'd move away like I did.

Sitting here and watching people take out their luggage from their seat compartment

I drift thinking of you. Unanswered questioned filled my head that I wanted to ask you from time to time.

"Are you doing well?"

"Are you happy?"

"Did you eat?" and so on.

I waited till everyone got out of the plane before waking up our daughter.

"Sweetie, wake up we're here" I said gently shaking her. Her tiny little hand rubbed her eyes.

"Mommy" she said in a low cry.

"Mizuki (A/N: the little girl from Sore wa), honey can you wake up for mommy. Mommy can't carry you right now, I promise you can go back to sleep when we get your pink stroller" I said touching her hair. She nodded her head and I held her tiny little hand in mine.

"Thanks You for flying with us" the same flight personal said as we pass her.

"She so adorable," another flight attendence said.

"Thank You" I said smiling as we step off the airplane.

I was graceful that someone had help me set up the pink stroller for Mizuki. Everyone was so kind to help me out. I put buckled Mizuki into her stroller, so that she can sleep.

Being a single mother is alot of works especially traveling with a child by yourselves. There are so many things you have to worry about. I thanks everyone for helping me before heading to custom.

After all the papers were cleared, it was now time to get my baggages from the bagages claim. My grandparents had waited for my arrival.

"Oh my Maki, you haven't change a bit" my grandmother greeted me with a tight embrace.

"And who's this pretty young lady," my grandfather said bending down to Mizuki.

"Mizuki, darling. This is mommy grandfather Jun (from the grandpa from Sore wa) and mommy grandmother Machiko ( Washio Machiko from Sore wa) Can you say hi and give them a hug" I said bending my knees and unbuckling her.

"Hi" she said softly and gave them a hug. My grandfather swifted her off her feet instead of putting her back in her stroller.

"She more beautiful than the picture you send us. I was wondering when we're going to see her. I'm glad you came." my grandmother said in glee.

"It's good to see you both," I said embracing her once more.

"Mommy, where's daddy?" Mizuki said turning around with a sad face. My grandfather and grandmother looked at me with worried face.

"Honey, Daddy can't come. He's caught up doing work" I responded ignoring the looks on my grandparents face.

"When do I get to see daddy?" Mizuki asked.

"Soon Mizuki. Daddy's needs to make money for us to spend," I lied. "Oh" she said putting her head down on my grandfather broad shoulder. My grandfather patted her on the back.

"I knew there was another reason for you to return," My grandmother whispered. "Not now grandmother. I had a long flight," I whispered back to her, knowing where this was going to end up. Once I claimed my baggages, we left the airport and headed home. I avoided my grandparents on the topic of Him for just tonight since I had use the excuse of being tired from the long flight which is merely true.

^.^.^.^.^.^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^.^.^.^.^.^.^

A/N:

I couldn't resist updating this. I hope you enjoyed this. I'm trying a new writing style.

Copyrighted. © Laura 2009. All rights reserved.