T h e G a r d e n

Stays With You

 

Chapter 6 - The Garden

 

 

 

 

      Woohyun and Sora entered the giant castle and Sora was amazed by it. Many classic furniture everywhere. Her eyes sparkled, as if it's a house full of antiques. Woohyun chuckled seeing her sister's amazed face. "Sora, are you that impressed?" He asked while chuckled. "Well of course! It's like a house filled with antiques that I never seen before!" She smiled and looked around again. Woohyun shook his head in amazement. "This little sister of mine is so innocent" he thought. "Oh, good morning King Kim!" Woohyun bowed to a wise looking man. Sora turned her head and quickly bowed 90 degrees to him. The King laughed. "Woohyun, why are you so formal? You visited this palace a lot" he patted Woohyun's shoulder. Woohyun grinned widely. "Hehe, okay your majesty!" Woohyun saluted playfully. Sora straightened her body and her pink dress. "Oh, and I suppose this is Nam Sora then?" The King said and looked at Sora with affection in his eyes. Sora bowed again and smiled. "Good morning, I'm Nam Sora" she introduced formally. The King ruffled her hair. "Nice to meet you young lady. I heard you just go back to the palace?" He said and walked upstairs. Woohyun and Sora throwed a look at each other and followed King Kim. "Well, I suppose so your majesty. I was lost when I'm little" Sora answered. The King nodding his head in understandment. Sora was amazed again by the view of the second floor. It was filled with classic things again. The King opened a big door and stepped inside. And for the third time, Sora was amazed. "A garden.." she mumbled.

     

      The three of them seat on a bench in the middle of the garden. "So how's your meeting with your parents?" The King asked again. "It was happy your majesty. Especially this boy beside me" Sora nudged Woohyun, earned a glare from him. The King laughed. "Well of course. I almost heard my son whining everyday about Woohyun that's keep whining about your whereabout" the King looked at Woohyun who is now red from embarassement. Sora glanced at Woohyun and smiled teasingly at him. "Ohh~ so oppa is so worried about me huh?" Sora nudged him. Woohyun slapped her hands and glared at her. "No I'm not!" Woohyun turned his face to other direction and stomped his foot like little kid. Sora laughed. "You're so sweet oppa" Sora giggled. "You two already this close after a few days? That's fast" the King smiled. Sora bowed her head a little. "I feel very welcomed and become close so fast" she explained. "It's because she's noisy" Woohyun smirked. Sora turned to him in disbelief. "Oppa!" She pouted. A maid suddenly appeared and bowed. "The prince is here your majesty" she said. Sora's heart began to thumped in nervous again. "Oh my god.. what if he's.." Sora start to thinking nonsense. "Myungsoo-ah!" Woohyun stood from the bench and approach a boy. Sora froze in her spot, and she feels like has been gushed by wind. "He's... so handsome, and like a gentleman" she thought and smiled a little.

 

      Myungsoo saw the girl and bowed to her. "Good morning,my name is Kim Myungsoo" he said and smiled. Sora stood and bowed too. "Good morning, my name is Nam Sora" she smiled back. Woohyun grinned widely. "I bet you're happy to see my sister!" He beamed to Myungsoo. Myungsoo laughed. "Well yeah, so now you can stop whining about her whereabout" Myungsoo teased. "Yah!" Woohyun punched his shoulder. "Ouw! But that's the truth!" Myungsoo scowled and rubbed his shoulder. "You two, seat down please" the King demanded and the two of them walked to the bench. Woohyun seat on Sora's left and Myungsoo on Sora's right. So practically, Sora is sandwiched between them. "She looks very gorgeous. I never thought Woohyun-hyung will have sister like her" Myungsoo thought and glanced secretly to her. The King noticed this and smiled. "So, Sora. You know why you're here now?" The King looked at Sora. Sora looked at him back and nodded slowly. "Yes.." she replied softly. "And then, your father and I already decided to let you stay with us here" he said. Sora looked at him in shock. "B-but I just stay with them for a night.." Sora tried to argued. She really miss her parents and everyone know that. "I'm sorry, your father already said that too, but then he never break his promise" the King said. Sora keep looking at the grass in sorrow. "So you will stay here and we will teach you how to be a princess" he continued. Sora looked at him sadly. "I'm sorry Sora, but that's what we have to do. You can visit your kingdom at least once in a month" he continued again, making Sora a little bit relieved. "At least I can see them in a month" she thought. Woohyun caressed her sister's back. "It's okay, we still can see each other!" He said with a happy face, even though there's some sad tone in his voice. Sora bite back her tears and hugged him. "Hm~ I know." She hummed and patted her brother's back. "But we will miss you very much" Woohyun said again, the sad tone become more evident. Sora chuckled bitterly. "I will miss you all too. Take care without me okay?" Sora pulled away and wiped a tear that unknowingly slipped from her eyes. Myungsoo watched them sadly. "It must be hard for her" he thought and pout a little. "See you soon okay? Goodbye lil' sis!" Woohyun stood up and wave at her, then walked out from the garden. "I believe Myungsoo can take a tour for you, because I actually still has something to do. Goodbye, take care okay?" The King smiled before walked out from the garden.

 

       "Ah.." she sighed for the nth time. Myungsoo just looked at the table awkwardly. Sora stretched her hand on the table and rest her chin in the wooden table. They already walked a few meter from the bench and take a rest on a table in the garden. Sora can't stop sighing because she keep thinking about her family. Myungsoo still glanced at her secretly. He looked at her worriedly. Sora glanced at him, making him surprised and quickly look away. "Uh... do you want to stroll around again?" Myungsoo asked awkwardly. Sora looked around. "Can we?" She asked back. "Of course" Myungsoo smiled and stand up then offered his hand towards Sora. Sora stand up and took his hand. The two of them walked around the garden. "Wow, what flower is that?" Sora excitedly released her hand from his grip and run towards a small golden colored flower. Myungsoo followed her step slowly. "Is it made from gold? It has such a beautiful sparkling color!" Sora asked in amazement. Myungsoo laughed a little after seeing her innocent question. "of course. It's name is Marygold. The color is yellow like a gold, that's why it's called Marygold" Myungsoo explained. Sora nodded her head and caressed the flower. She stand up and walk along-side with Myungsoo again. There's a silence as they strolled around the garden again. Then a flower caught Sora's attention again. "That daisy is so nice.." she walked towards it and leaned forward. While Sora smelled the flower, Myungsoo is busy observing her feature. "She sure looks different from my fans or other princesses. Will she be the one tough?" Myungsoo thought deeply. "Myungiee~" a voice echoed near them. Myungsoo widened his eyes, while Sora leaned back from the flower and looked at him confusion. Myungsoo bowed in apologize.

 

      "Myungiee~!" The voice echoed again, making Sora cringed because of the sweetness in the voice. "Myungsoo-ssi?" She asked while tilting her head. "She is so cute.." Myungsoo thought and unknowingly smiled. Sora arched her eyebrow in confusion. "Why is he smiling?" She thought. "Myungiee~ long time no see!" A girl with long straight black hair hugged him. Sora was surprised and slightly shaped an 'o' "Suzy! What are you doing?" Myungsoo quickly shoved her away. "Myungie, why are you so distant from me?" She said and pouted then wrapped her arm around his arm. "Yah!" He glared at her and shoved her arm. Sora looked at them weirdly and sighed silently. "He already has a girlfriend" Sora thought and walked ahead of them. "Sora-ssi! Wait!" Myungsoo quickly chased Sora that's already a few feet away. Sora found a rose bushes and smiled excitedly. She stepped forward and smelled the fragrance. Myungsoo slowed down and adored her side feature. "This garden can be my favorite place" Sora said and smiled, making Myungsoo smiled. Suddenly, a small fox ran and circled her legs. "Oh!" A soft squeal escaped from Sora's lips. "Are you okay?" Myungsoo quickly approached her and was about to remove the small fox, but Sora prevent him. "Ah, don't!" She quickly bent down and caressed the fox. "I like animals actually" Sora admitted. Myungsoo smiled. "Myungie! What are you doing?" The girl named Suzy walked to them while stomping her feet like a little child. "Yah! Myungie! Who is that girl? I never saw her before!" Suzy frowned and glared at Sora. The small fox quickly ran, leaving Sora pouting. But Sora quickly straightened her body. "Suzy, don't be rude!" Myungsoo glared at Suzy. "What? It's not like she's a princess or something" Suzy eyed Sora up and down. Sora sighed. "This is going to be tough"