Obvious much? - Mummy

A Halloweenish Story

“I want you to marry me. Sunny Lee, will you marry me?” Sungmin said, taking out a box with a ring. (YES, it’s a ruby) Sunny giggled.

“Yes, Sungmin, I will marry you.” Sunny said. Sungmin put the ring on Sunny’s finger. A couple flashes went off.

“You guys are lame!” Donghae said, hopping out of a bush. Jessica took the picture.

“What?” Sungmin said, getting up.

“That’s how you are proposing?” Donghae said.

“Donghae, calm down, your brother can’t express his feelings like you can.” Sunny said, patting his back. Donghae sighed.

“Did you guys know?” Sungmin said.

“You are totally obvious!!” Donghae said. Sunny nodded.

“I really thought about it.” Sungmin said.

“It’s fine Sungmin.” Sunny said.

“I think I’m going to my room.” Sungmin said, trying to walk away. Donghae stopped him.

 “You guys are having your first fight, that’s cute. This is where you guys are suppose to work it out.” Donghae said.

“You are the one that started it.” Sunny said.

“HOW did you ask Jessica?” Sungmin said. Donghae looked at Jessica.

“Well…” Jessica said.

 

FLASHBACK

They were eating in a restaurant.

“Donghae, my daughter speaks of you a lot.” Mr. Jung said.

“Does she?” Donghae said, looking at Jessica. Jessica looks in a different direction.

“Yes, she tells me of your family and the things you two do.” Mr. Jung said.

“Oh really? I guess I don’t have to make a big speech then.” Donghae said.

“What does that mean?” Mr. Jung said.

“I have been in a coma for a month, I think, so calculating how long I have known Jessica is maybe half a year. But saying that, in that time, I found Jessica to be someone I want to protect.” Donghae said. Mr.Jung ears perked so did Jessica.

“Mr. Jung, I want to protect Jessica. Maybe that’s why I want to talk to her for the 18 hours she is awake, I bug her to hang out with me when I’m bored, and I drag her to do crazy things with my family. Saying all that, I like your daughter. She makes me happy.” Donghae said. Jessica smiles, Mr. Jung nods.

“You are all she says about you.” Mr. Jung said. Jessica smiles at her dad.

“Well, I have to go, it was nice meeting you Donghae, come to our house whenever you like.” Mr. Jung said, putting on his military hat and left.

“Donghae, thank you for being my friend.” Jessica said.

“Oh, I don’t want to be your friend, didn’t you just hear my speech, I do so much for you.” Donghae said.

“What?” Jessica said.

“Yea, I think I might have white hair growing now.” Donghae said. Jessica slapped Donghae’s arm.

“I’m kidding!! No, I really do like you, Jessica.” Donghae said.

“I like you too.” Jessica said, quietly.

“HUH, what did you say?” Donghae said, getting closer to hear.

“I LIKE YOU TOO!” Jessica screamed. Everyone looked at her. Jessica sunk into her seat. Donghae just smiled.

“I guess we can have dessert now.” Donghae said. The waiter brought out a huge cookie.

 

Hey Jessica. You wanna be my girlfriend?- Donghae

Jessica nods. Donghae laughs. The waiter flips the cookie over.

You can’t just nod for an answer  -__- that’s lame. – Donghae

 

“Yes, I want to be your girlfriend.” Jessica said. Donghae hugged Jessica. They ate the whole cookie. (It was a big cookie)

FLASHBACK ENDED

 

“Awww. That’s cute.” Sunny said.

“I wish I can show you guys the cookie. It was so good.” Donghae said, patting his tummy.

“I’m not creative as you.” Sungmin said.

“That’s ok. You can be boring, Sunny likes you anyways.” Donghae said.

“If you didn’t just fall down a flight of stairs, and “die”. I would hit you.” Sungmin said.

“You love me, come on, say it.” Donghae said. Sungmin just walked off.

“He’s mean to me.” Donghae said. Sunny and Jessica just laughed.

--

“Sungmin told us to meet at the construction site.” Mr. Lee said.

“Why?” Eunhyuk asked.

“I don’t know.” Mr. Lee said. They got out of the car.

“Dad, I need to tell you something.” Eunhyuk said.

“Hey guys…” Someone said.