I need to tell you something... - Vampire

A Halloweenish Story

“Donghae, was it necessary to fake your death?” Sungmin said.

“It was not my idea, do you think I wanted to have my car destroyed.” Donghae said, pointed to Jessica.

“I just wanted to show you guys something is weird with Eunhyuk.” Jessica said.

“IS that what you wanted to text?” Sungmin said, remembering the “Eu” on her Help text. Jessica nodded.

“OMG, I lost like 10 years of my life because of you two.” Sungmin said.

“Sorry.” Jessica said.

“Why didn’t you just tell me?” Sungmin said.

“She doesn’t trust you, apparently.” Donghae said. Jessica hit Donghae in the arm.

“I am an injured person!!” Donghae said.

“As much as I am upset with Eunhyuk, we aren’t going to do anything.” Sungmin said. Donghae agreed.

“But he is willing to kill you guys to get the inheritance.” Jessica said.

“IF that is what makes him happy, I would give up the succession for him.” Donghae said.

“That’s true. I am content with my life right now.” Sungmin said.

“I can live off of you.” Donghae said to Jessica. Sungmin looked at Donghae.

“That’s fine.” Jessica said.

“Are you two?” Sungmin said. Jessica looked down. Donghae looked at Sungmin with a weird face.

“Dating? HUH? Are we?” Donghae asked Jessica. Jessica nodded.

“What?!” Sungmin said.

“I do a lot of things when I’m dead.” Donghae said.

“I think I lost another 5 years.” Sungmin said.

“I’m embarrassed now, you still haven’t asked Sunny.” Donghae said. Sungmin sunk into his seat.

“It’s ok. She understands.” Donghae said. Jessica nods.

“Anyways, what are we going to do about Eunhyuk.” Sungmin said.

“Well, you told dad you didn’t want to Gyeongju. And I’m dead. So what would be Eunhyuk’s next move?” Donghae said.

“Dad wouldn’t give Eunhyuk Busan or Gyeongju.” Sungmin said.

“I know.” Donghae said.

“Then what are we accomplishing?” Sungmin said.

“Dad is going to show him our proposal.” Donghae said.

“FOR Jeju?” Sungmin said.

“Yep.” Donghae said.

“OH, I get it.” Sungmin said.

“In a couple days, Eunhyuk and dad are going to come down to see me, “Dead”. So hopefully, Eunhyuk realizes that we were there for him and not the bad guys in his life.” Donghae said.

“Yea, he thinks we betrayed him.” Sungmin said.

“And I guess he has a point. We do a lot. But I didn’t think he would have that reaction.” Donghae said.

“You guys are just too loyal.” Jessica said.

“Hey, my fall was an accident.” Donghae said. Jessica nodded.

“Hopefully, Eunhyuk will wake up from his “I’m a victim fantasy.” Sungmin said.

“True, we are a family.” Donghae said.

“Why didn’t you tell dad?” Sungmin said.

“Dad is smart, he wouldn’t need to know what to do if I had to tell him.” Donghae said.

“What about your mom?” Sungmin said.

“Oh I called her. I told her to just be dramatic.” Donghae said.

“That seems like right.” Sungmin said.

“Anyways, I got a present for you.” Donghae said.

“What?” Sungmin said. Donghae pointed behind Sungmin.

“Hey Sungmin.” Sunny said.

“Hey.” Sungmin said, looking back at Donghae.

“Oh, look at the time, Jessica, let us go.” Donghae said, holding Jessica’s hand and left. Sunny sat down. Donghae and Jessica looked at Sungmin. They gestured FIGHTING to him.

--

“When did you get here?” Sungmin said.

“I was here before you.” Sunny said.

“What?” Sungmin said.

“I was called a day before you guys came back.” Sunny said. She never heard about Donghae dying.

“Oh, I see.” Sungmin said. Awkward…

“So, what did you want to do?” Sunny said. Sungmin saw in the corner of his eye, Donghae and Jessica were spying.

“You know, let’s go for a walk.” Sungmin said.

“Ok, but I have to say you are being weird.” Sunny said. Sungmin smiled.

“How long have we known each other?” Sungmin said.

“About a decade.” Sunny said.

“And we have been friends forever…” Sungmin said. Sunny nodded.

“I… this is difficult.” Sungmin said. Sunny stopped.

“Sungmin, I feel like I know what you are going to tell me.” Sunny said.

“You do?” Sungmin said. Sunny grabbed his hand.

“Does this feel weird?” Sunny said. Sungmin shook his head.

“You know I know you the best, I want you to be comfortable with your decision.” Sunny said.

“I know.” Sungmin said.

“Then what are you asking me?” Sunny said.

“I don’t want you as a girlfriend…” Sungmin said. Sunny tilted her head. Sungmin went on his knee.