It's quiet now. - Skeleton

A Halloweenish Story

“Sungmin. Eunhyuk. I have some disturbing news for you two.” Mr. Lee said. He was the first one to be told. 

“Donghae and Jessica died today.” Mr. Lee said. Sungmin sunk to the ground, while Eunhyuk stood his ground.

“How?” Sungmin asked.

“They found his car near Busan, they told me Jessica was driving when she lost control and crashed into the side rail and the car landed in the water.” Mr. Lee said.

“The bodies?” Sungmin said, he didn’t want to believe that Donghae just died.

“They have not found the bodies, but based on the crash and evidence from the car, the injuries they sustained, killed them instantly.” Mr. Lee said. Mr. Lee hugged Sungmin and Eunhyuk.

“So, who gets Donghae’s hotel.” Eunhyuk asked. Sungmin glared at Eunhyuk.

“What?” Eunhyuk said.

“I will decide what to do with Donghae’s assets later. I have to deal with funeral, his mom is going to flip when I tell her.” Mr. Lee said.

“Dad, I understand but we should focus on who should have his hotel.” Eunhyuk said.

“Obviously not you.” Sungmin said.

“What?” Eunhyuk said.

“You can’t even handle your own, why take on another.” Sungmin said.

“Why not? The hard part is done. It’s in construction.” Eunhyuk said.

“SHUT UP THE BOTH OF YOU! I will take over for Donghae.” Mr. Lee said.

“What?! You can’t do that.” Eunhyuk said.

“NO, you have no rights to have his hotel.” Mr. Lee said.

“Whatever, you know I’m glad he’s gone.” Eunhyuk said, storming out of the room. Sungmin went after Eunhyuk.

--

“What you said in there? Are you serious?” Sungmin asked.

“Which part are you talking about?” Eunhyuk asked.

“You are glad that Donghae is gone.” Sungmin repeated.

“I am glad Donghae is gone.” Eunhyuk said.

“Why are you like this?” Sungmin said.

“I feel so light right now, did you know. Ever since I was little, I knew I was the useless one. I didn’t mind being the follower, the weakest. But You two, just took it too far.” Eunhyuk said.

“What?” Sungmin said.

“You two will go playing with each other and never once did you guys come for me. I waited for you guys to include me in your antics. NO. Never once did you guys do that.” Eunhyuk said.

“I don’t understand, I always offered to help you. ” Sungmin said.

“Offered to help me? You offered when I was already failing.” Eunhyuk said.

“Eunhyuk, whether you fail or not, is your problem not mines. IF you had a problem I was always there for you.” Sungmin said.

“I guess you were. But it’s ok now. Donghae is not here anymore. I don’t have to worry about you two ever ganging up on me ever again.” Eunhyuk said. Sungmin punched Eunhyuk.

“What kind of brother are you?! Donghae died, he is never coming back. But you just think of us as competition.” Sungmin said.

 “That’s right that is all I think about. All these years, I wanted to be better in one thing. You two are my competition but now I’m half way there to becoming the successor. Thanks to Jessica! I wish I can thank her in some other way then just flowers. But oh well, I feel so good right now.” Eunhyuk said, strolling along. Sungmin grabbed Eunhyuk and slammed him on the wall.

“What did you do?” Sungmin said.

“Apparently nothing, Jessica did all the work, herself.” Eunhyuk said, letting out a laugh.

“I don’t know who you are anymore.” Sungmin said.

“Sungmin, I’m the only brother you got.” Eunhyuk said, getting Sungmin’s hands off of him. He fixed his suit and left.

“Sungmin, I hate you by the way.” Eunhyuk said, smiling as he got into the elevator. Sungmin sank on the floor. He didn’t know what was happening.

--

“Sungmin.” Donghae said. He got out of the elevator with Jessica. Sungmin was in a daze. He saw Donghae coming to him. Dream or not. Sungmin didn’t care. He really missed Donghae.

“Sungmin.” Donghae said, again. Sungmin looked and Donghae was sitting next to Sungmin.

“Are you really here.” Sungmin said. Donghae had tears in his eyes. Sungmin looked at him. Tears. Impossible. Illusions don’t respond to people. Sungmin slapped Donghae.

“Owww. What the heck was that for.” Donghae said.

“You are real?” Sungmin said, pinching Donghae’s face. Donghae slapped Sungmin in the arm.

“That hurts, HAHAHAHA, you are real?? Right? Real.” Sungmin said, seemed to be going crazy from all the events that transpired.

“Sungmin, I told you I would explain to you when I got back.” Donghae said, hugging Sungmin. Sungmin started crying. Crying because there was no other way he could express himself.

--

Eunhyuk walked into the empty house by himself. He looked around. Donghae was gone. Sungmin probably didn’t even want to come home. Sooyoung and Kibum followed around Sungmin so they weren’t around either.

“Boss…” Shindong came out.

“I’m tired.” Eunhyuk said, standing near the staircase. Eunhyuk looked around and sighed. Everyone was gone.