What's everyone doing? - Frankenstein

A Halloweenish Story

“Hey, babe. I know you have your piece of land, but when are we going to play. Let’s go play with your brothers.” Hyoyeon said.

“You JUST love to hang out with them, you don’t need me.” Eunhyuk said. He had a pile of work to do with the new property on Jeju.

“Come on, Eunhyuk, you know I don’t mean that.” Hyoyeon said.

“I’m busy nowadays, I can’t just make bets with them. They always win.” Eunhyuk said.

“Well, what are you good at??” Hyoyeon said.

“I don’t know.” Eunhyuk said, working with his laptop.

“Donghae is athletic and Sungmin is smart. You aren’t giving me any room to work with.” Hyoyeon said. Hyoyeon got bored so she started looking around. She saw Jessica walking alone somewhere.

“I wonder where she is going?” Hyoyeon said.

“Hey babe, I’m going to the bathroom.” Hyoyeon said.

“Sure whatever.” Eunhyuk said, waving her off.

 

Hyoyeon walked behind Jessica wondering where she was going. Jessica turned the corner and Hyoyeon went followed close behind. Hyoyeon reached the corner, she didn’t see Jessica.

“Where the hell did she go?” Hyoyeon said. She looked around and went back to Eunhyuk.

--

“I wonder what she wants with you?” Donghae said, peering through the door. He grabbed Jessica into a classroom right after Jessica turned in.

“What are you doing?” Jessica asked. She was being hugged by Donghae. Not her first but still.

“I’m saving you yet again, you had a scary person following you for a good 10 minutes.” Donghae said, letting himself and Jessica out of the classroom.

“How would you know, stalking me?” Jessica said.

“Excuse me, you were going to come hang out with me?” Donghae said.

“Yea? You were giving me really bad directions.” Jessica said, looking at his texts to her.

“I saw Hyoyeon following you, what do you want me to do. I don’t want to hang out with her.” Donghae said.

“Ah huh.” Jessica said, walking.

“Come on, today, I’m going to teach you how to swim because you kinda .” Donghae said, dragging her to the pool.

--

“Sunny. Have you been talking to Jessica?” Sungmin asked. He was in the library reading. Sunny looked at him.

“Why?” Sunny asked.

“I’m just wondering, it’s been months since we all hung out.” Sungmin said.

“Why are you asking me, you should be asking your brother.” Sunny said.

“Donghae?” Sungmin said.

“Come on, don’t tell me you didn’t know.” Sunny said.

“Well I haven’t been talking to Donghae about stuff like that.” Sungmin said.

“How much you wanna bet they are together right now?” Sunny said.

“Even now? Donghae should be at swimming practice.” Sungmin said.

“So we are betting then?” Sunny said.

“Fine.” Sungmin said.

“I wager dinner. You have to pay for everyone.” Sunny said.

“What do you mean everyone?” Sungmin said.

“Us four.” Sunny said.

“Fine.” Sungmin said. Sunny called Donghae.

“Hey Donghae, what are you doing?” Sunny said. Donghae was on loudspeaker.

“Swimming.” Donghae said. Sungmin smiled.

“Are you with Jessica?” Sunny asked.

“How did you know?” Donghae asked.

“Wait, wait, wait, I thought you have swim practice.” Sungmin said.

“Is that Sungmin?” Donghae asked.

“Yea, but what are you doing with Jessica?” Sunny asked.

“Swim practice was cancelled so I’m taking this time to help Jessica with her swimming.” Donghae said.

“Hey guys.” Jessica said.

“So what are you doing later?” Sunny asked.

“Nothing. Why? What did you guys have in mind?” Donghae said.

“Sungmin is treating us to dinner.” Sunny said.

“Cool. I like free food.” Donghae said. Sungmin heard a clap.

“What are you guys doing?” Sungmin said.

“Nothing, me and Jessica like free food. High five!” Donghae said. Another clap was heard.

“See you at 6!” Sunny said, shutting the phone.

--

“I don’t like losing.” Sungmin said. Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon came into the library.

“Hey Sungmin.” Eunhyuk said, sitting down.

“What’s up?” Sungmin said.

“Nothing much, going to grab food, what are you  guys?” Eunhyuk said.

“We are about to grab dinner with Donghae.” Sungmin said.

“Really?” Hyoyeon said.

“You guys can come if you guys want...” Sunny said.

“But I’m paying for Donghae and Jessica cause I lost the bet.” Sungmin said, sighing.

“I want to be in this bet.” Hyoyeon said, sitting down.

“This bet is over.” Sungmin said, not wanting to pay another dinner.

“We can wager some other time.” Sunny said.

“No fun.” Hyoyeon said.