Shattered Heart

Our Story

     Baekhyun rested his head on the desk, sighed heavily. He sent a text message to Chanyeol this morning, asked him whether he's free or not and his boyfriend hadn't reply his message yet. Two days ago Baekhyun asked Chanyeol to walk around but his boyfriend said he couldnt go out with Baekhyun since he's already made a promise to go to the gym with Kris.

     “Why he's so close with Kris these days?” Baekhyun mumbled and closed his eyes. It's been almost a month after Luhan asked them to meet for the first time and these days his boyfriend getting gradually closer and closer with Kris. Kris isn't a type who talks much but he always talk when he's with Chanyeol. Don't forget the laughs and the pouts too. Chanyeol kept telling Baekhyun that Kris and him are friends but somehow Baekhyun didn't feel good about them. Especially today.               

     Drrrttt... Baekhyun's phone vibrated and the owner grabbed it. He pouted even more to found Chanyeol couldnt go because he already made a promise with his friend. Baekhyun felt really lonely today. He got scolded a lot from his professor because he didn't pay much attention to his job. He misstyped the presentation, kept passing out and didn't pay much attention to what he had to do with his tasks. Baekhyun sighed heavily. Maybe a little hangout with Sehun, his bestfriend in college could help. Then he punched Sehun's number.

     “Sehun-aa” Baekhyun whined when his friend pick up the phone. “I'm screwed...”

     “Wha? Why?” Sehun asked in a confused tone. “Something happened?”

     “Naaah, I just want to hang out with my best friend” Baekhyun shrugged. There's no way he would tell Sehun about his confusing relationship with Chanyeol. This far, Sehun is one of few kids who against Baekhyun's relationships with Chanyeol.

     “This is so not you, but alright. Hey let's visit this new bubble tea shop in the town! I heard the bubble tea there is pretty good!” Sehun exclaimed excitingly. Baekhyun chuckled and agreed. In an hour, they're already in the promised bubble tea shop.

     “Girls Day? Its a weird name” Baekhyun's nose scrunched when he saw the name. The interior is very girly and bubbly, yet it very comfy and cozy. The cafe is owned by Sehun's boyfriend Kai. No, it more like it is owned by Kai's family. Even though to see a lovey dovey couple is the last thing Baekhyun wanted that day, he still decided to go. There's no way he would spend his day loitering and longing at the television. What a life.

     Sehun raised from his seat. “I'll go and order first, arra? ”

     “Go ahead” Baekhyun replied. His eyes now focused on a polaroid on the wall. There's a photo of Kai, a pretty looking male and some girls with cheerful laugh, using Malibu's beach as the background. Not far from it, there's one photo with the same people. This time the background is Eiffel Tower in Paris. Baekhyun was busy looking at the cafe's interior which is totally not boring to be seen when Sehun came with his bubble tea.

     “And what's that?” Baekhyun pointed at the bubble tea. “I mean, its chocolate right? How does it taste?”

     “Wonderful!” Sehun flashed the brightest smile while sipped more of his chocolate bubble tea. “Its really a hit, Baek!”         

     Baekhyun raised his eyebrow, excited. He then walked to the cashier, a little amazed when he saw the queue which is quite long. He thought it would take a long time to wait, but it happened to be quite fast. Baekhyun peeked a little at the baristas. They worked in a fast movement, just like the professional bartenders in bars, and flash a really sincere smile when hand out the drinks. One more, those baristas are hot! One is pretty looking male with long almond hair and the other one is a very cute looking boy with smiley face! No wonder why its “Girls Day” then. This cafe really make their day with those hot faces. In 6 minutes, Baekhyun's already in front of the pretty looking barista. Taemin. Its the name that written on his name-tag. Taemin flashed a sweet smile to Baekhyun, asked for his order.

     “Uhh... What's the best seller here?” Baekhyun asked, confused when he saw list of delicious looking bubble teas in the whiteboard menu behind the baristas.

     “What about... Japanese taro bubble tea?” the barista asked kindly. “Its the best one here”

     “It is then” Baekhyun said, with a grin.

     “Ok!! Hara-ya, one Japanese taro bubble tea please” the barista waved at a dolly-like girl behind him before turned back to Baekhyun. “Your face is new, is this your first time here?”

     “Yes” Baekhyun answered shortly, not really in a mood to explain any further. He stunned when he saw the girl called Hara worked in a super full speed and without any errors and handed the drink to Taemin.

     “I'm Taemin, thanks for the visit. I'll wait for your return” Taemin gave his dazzling smile and Baekhyun shoned away by his smile. So pretty! Too pretty! Baekhyun felt like asking the boy how he could manage to give that smile. Maybe if Baekhyun could smile like Taemin, Chanyeol would spend more time with him. Baekhyun shook his head. Childish thinking! Childish thinking! After received the bubble tea, he stared at the receipt. It's so cute, looked like a paper of visa with “welcome to Japan” words. It even has a flag with taro at the center. Unique. A Taro's country with taros everywhere? Freakin cute!              

     Baekhyun took a sip of his bubble tea. Man, it was delicious! Baekhyun hummed happily while walked to his table. Really made his day. Thanks Sehun to brought him here, thanks Kai for the super delicious bubble tea! Baekhyun didn't surprise to find Kai was chatting happily with Sehun on the table.

     “Here comes Baekkie” Sehun smiled. “We were just talking about you”

     “Hi there Baek, how's the bubble tea?” “Its so good” Baekhyun sipped his taro bubbletea. “And you also have a very cute looking receipt”. Baekhyun waved his receipt excitedly.

     “That's my noona's idea” Kai grinned. “She's a world's traveler. She travels around the world and gather ingredients from each country and share her experiences in bubble tea. Like your Japanese taro”

     “Woww, that's amazing!” Baekhyun sat beside Sehun who still busied himself with his bubbletea.

     “That hobby flows in the blood” Sehun said, grinned. “Kai is a traveler too”

     “Yes I do! Infact, most of our family is a traveler. Sometimes I'll join my noona to travel around. That's me in the photo” Kai pointed at the picture beside their table.

     “Wait, isn't this the barista over there?” Baekhyun's eyes caught the pretty looking barista and the dolly girl who served him earlier.

     “Yes, they are my cousins. All of the girls' day's members are family. We make very good income so we use some of the money to travel around the world” Kai explained. Soon enough Baekhyun, Kai and Sehun has talk about many things. Baekhyun even voiced out his question about how Taemin could have such a beautiful smile. For a while, Baekhyun forgot about his problems. Sehun asked what have troubled him because Baekhyun isn't a type of person who hang out with his friends often. He used to spend his time with his beloved Chanyeollie. Sehun suspected there's something with those two but decided to kept his mouth shut. At least his bestfriend's face wasn't cloudy anymore. Baekhyun bid goodbye at Sehun and Kai. The two decided that they would go to the game center. They had forced Baekhyun to join them but Baekhyun softly rejected. Its already 6 PM. Maybe Chanyeol would change his mind and... Visit him.

     Baekhyun sighed again. His heart still raced about a possibility that his Chanyeol would like Kris. No, no. It cant be. Kris isn't Chanyeol's type at all is he? Chanyeol likes sweet guy who is smaller and shorter than him, someone who he could protect. Right?

     “Baek?” Baekhyun shot his eyes up when he heard the familiar deep voice. He turned around and saw Chanyeol who was holding two cans of coffee. “What are you doing alone at this time?” Baekhyun's eyes warmed up. He threw himself to Chanyeol and hugged him tightly. Chanyeol startled. “Baek? What's wrong? What hap...”

     “I miss you” Baekhyun whispered, tightened his hug.

     “What do you mean? We just met 3 days ago” Chanyeol frowned at his boyfriend's confession. Baekhyun felt a pang of hurt. So his boyfriend doesn't miss him?

     “Y-you told me you have a promise” Baekhyun said, blinked away the tears that appeared on his eyes.

     “Yes, I'm with Kris” Chanyeol threw his gaze at the people. “I told him to wait me here but he disappeared. Geez, that guy. Our movie's starting in 15 minutes!” Baekhyun's expression fell. With Kris again? Is this still normal? Why Kris again? “Baekkie? Are you alright?” Chanyeol asked, confused when his usually bubbly boyfriend went quiet. Something's wrong.      

     “You go out with Kris a lot these days” Baekhyun mumbled. “Are you guys... Dating?”

     “Well Baek, stop that” Chanyeol groaned. “It's really nothing. I just went out sometimes with Kris because he's cool, it's not like we develop some kind of relationship. Arent we still together? There's no way I'll cheat over you” Baekhyun looked up at Chanyeol with his saddest expression. Chanyeol froze. He had never saw that sad expression again since Baekhyun's dog died 6 months ago. Guilt started to affect him. He raised his hand, touched Baekhyun's cheek. “You know that I love you, right?” Chanyeol asked slowly. Baekhyun just stared at him, didn't do anything. “I'll come to your flat tomorrow. I promise” Chanyeol leaned forward and kissed his boyfriend's forehead. “I'm sorry for not spending these days with you. Really. I promise I'll make it up to you next time. Okay?”

      Baekhyun sighed before nodded unsurely.

      “Chany... Oh, Baekhyun” Baekhyun saw Kris who approached them. Kris's face turned a little when he saw Baekhyun. There's a glimpse of worry, panic and... Dislike?

     “Where were you? The movie's starting” Chanyeol scolded Kris. Kris grinned guiltlessly, explained that he went to toilet and the queue was pretty long. Chanyeol turned to faced his boyfriend, gave him a soft loving smile. “Today's chilly. Here, have this” Chanyeol handed his coffee to Baekhyun's hand. “Make sure to go home now. I'll call you later. I'm sorry, babe. See you tomorrow” Chanyeol kissed his boyfriend once again before waved at him. Kris also waved at Baekhyun with a small smile which is a forced smile in Baekhyun's eyes.

     Baekhyun sighed again and hugged his coffee. Its warm, and it warmed Baekhyun's heart a little.

     “Chanyeollie...” Baekhyun closed his eyes. “...I trust you so please don't disappoint me...”