The song that I sing

Our Story

When Chanyeol received the text message from Baekhyun, he felt like his world has shattered into pieces. It was just a short message, but it had a terrible effect on the usually happy virus.

Chanyeol-ah I think we should break up

Chanyeol ran to Baekhyun's apartment, banged on the door furiously.

"Baekhyun-ah! We need to talk! Come on! Give me a chance! I could explain everything! Don't break up with me, please Baekkie-ah!"

Baekhyun didn't show up. Chanyeol kept banging the apartment but Baekhyun didn't open the door. Chanyeol had shouted his name over and over but Baekhyun didn't answer. Chanyeol fell to his knees, hands trembled wildly. For the first time in his life, Chanyeol felt so scared and lonely. He lost his Baekhyun.

He lost his life.

 

***

 

"Are you okay?" Baekhyun glanced at Kyungsoo who was wearing a white tuxedo. The boy looked unbearably hot. Baekhyun's lips curled into a small smile. He hummed a response and nodded his head.

"Ready, guys?" Chen who walked inside of the room grinned wildly. "Ahhh!! My heart feels like exploding! It'll be our first time singing our own composed song! Dugeun dugeun dugeun dugeun~"

Kyungsoo just blankly look at the now overexcited Chen. Baekhyun just let out a small smile. It's been more than a week. Baekhyun tried his best to avoid Chanyeol. He changed his number, he deactived all his social media, and he busied himself with a lot of project. He was busy practicing with his vocal team, Chen and Kyungsoo. Chanyeol kept chasing him and Baekhyun had to bear with pain whenever he saw the older.

Until when I could survive?

"But our songs, are... Woah... Such a combination" Chen shook his head in awe. "I sang about falling in love, D.o sang about relationship and you sang about broken heart"

Kyungsoo shussed Chen in silence but the other didn't seem to undertsand what he meant. Chen didn't take the same major with both Kyungsoo and Baekhyun so he didn't know about Baekhyun's love life and he intended to not to. Chen is not a typical who love to stick his nose on somebody else's business. But sadly that what makes him turn into the most insensitive guy ever. Baekhyun let out a small smile that didn't reach anyone's eyes.

"Let's get ready!" Chen excitedly jumped out from his seat when they were called. "Ahhh!!! I'm so nervous! Let's do our best, guys!"

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and reached for Baekhyun's hand. The three of them entered the stage and claps were heard from everywhere. The mc introduced those three and they decided to start the music softly. Chanyeol was there, sit on the fifth row. His eyes followed every Baekhyun's movements. He could clearly see a dark cloud on Baekhyun's face. How he wish he could reach for the smaller and erase them right away. As the music started to play, Chanyeol looked at no one else but Baekhyun. He watched as the three of them sang some songs together. Even when Baekhyun had stopped singing and it's now time for three of them to do a solo, he kept his eyes on Baekhyun. He was in his deep thought when he heard some girls on his front seat distracted him by their noisy voices.

"Ahh! Kyungsoo oppa's voice is really sweet~"

"His song is really melting~ eh eh you guys know something? I heard Kyungsoo oppa created this song for Baekhyun oppa!"

Chanyeol's attention was caught by those words. He knitted his eyebrows and looked at Kyungsoo who had his eyes close, singing with whole his heart.

"Guide me, yeah, take me together with you to the place where you live"

Chanyeol noticed the way Kyungsoo turned his head slowly, stole a glance to Baekhyun who was nodded his head on the beat.

"Oh, even if the world ends... I’ll follow from behind you so please don’t go out of my sight"

Baekhyun turned his head to meet Kyungsoo who was smiling warmly at him. Baekhyun replied the smile and turned his head back to the crowds. Chanyeol who saw everything clenched his teeth in anger.

Do Kyungsoo. Why?

"I’ll follow from behind you so please don’t go out of my sight" Kyungsoo didn't tear his away from Baekhyun, still sang with his beautiful voice.

"Oh my God, look!! Kyungsoo oppa is flirting with Baekhyun oppa!" Some squeaks from the girls infront of Chanyeol didn't help at all. It even made the giant's mood worsened.

"Even when the morning comes, don’t disappear oh" Kyungsoo tilted his head to Baekhyun who finally turned his head again to the other.

"This walk that I’m dreaming..." Kyungsoo's expression softened and his eyes bore into Baekhyun's clueless one. "You’re my only beautiful butterfly..."

A claps were sounded everywhere and the crowds cheered loudly. Kyungsoo turned his head and smiled at the audience while Baekhyun blinked slowly, tried to processed why Kyungsoo was looking at him the entire song. Chanyeol on the other hand balled his hands into tight fists. How dare that Kyungsoo showed his affection to Baekhyun infront of Chanyeol? Baekhyun held his mic, closed his eyes as the intro of his composed song started to kick in.

I’m struggling to find you who I cannot see...

The whole room turned to silence as Baekhyun's beautiful voice rang through their ears. Everyone sat in silence as they watched the petite boy spoke out his feelings through the music.

I’m struggling to find you who I cannot hear...

Chanyeol stared at Baekhyun. He could see the pained expression on his now ex-boyfriend. His heart clenched by the sight.

 

I see things that I couldn’t see before

I hear things that I couldn’t hear before

After you left me, I have grown a power that I didn’t have before

 

Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows, concentrated on his lyrics. Every words that he let out was all his heart could scream out now.

 

The selfish me who has only thought about myself

The me who didn’t know your feelings and ignored it

I couldn’t believe myself that I have changed this much

Your love can still move me like this

 

Kyungsoo turned his head to Baekhyun. He frowned at the first time he heard the song when they were practicing a month ago. Baekhyun kept saying "he is okay" and spread a smile, but Kyungsoo know he is not. That song is Baekhyun's true feeling.

 

If I just think of you, I can fill this world with you

Because each snowdrop is one tear drop that belongs to you

But theres just one thing that I can’t do and it’s to make you come to me

I hope I don’t have this miserable power

 

"Look... Baekhyun oppa looks like he is about to cry" a girl infront of Chanyeol pointed at Baekhyun. Chanyeol followed the hand movement.

 

The me who didn’t know how to be thankful for love

The me who thought that the end was the end

To the image of you who wanted me to be, I fixed myself everyday

I think my love will continue on forever

Chanyeol bit his lip when he saw a tear rolled out of Baekhyun's eyes. Baekhyun cried.

Stopping the time, I go back to you

I open this book of memories and I open up your page

 

Baekhyun raised his head and stared at Chanyeol who was staring right at him.

 

And in the book I’m in there, in there with you

The things that I met that winter

 

Kyungsoo followed Baekhyun's eyes and pinned at the tall boy who was sitting there, on the fifth row of the auditorium. Kyungsoo glared at Chanyeol.

 

I’m struggling to find you who I cannot see

 

Baekhyun's tears finally made their way freely on to his cheeks.

 

I’m struggling to find you who I cannot hear...

 

A/n

 

Has been very.very.very productive today.

Yehet.

I just finished 3 chapters of my comercial law's subjects and also had a yummy dinner.

Hm. Simply happy. Hahahaha

I promised my friend 365bbc to update a new chapter on wednesday, and here I am now :)

You guys must have known the song I used in this chapter, kkeuji?

Yepp, Kyungsoo is singing 'Don't go' and it's my favorite100x song! <3. I didn't write what Chen sing though, let you guys decided by yourself, and Baekhyun of course is singing the heartbreaking 'Miracle In December'! I don't know why I think this story suits Baekhyun's feeling the most.

I don't know when I will update another chapter, I think I'd finish this story within this week :)) Just bear with me a little longer, ne?

Ahhh!! That part about Kyungsoo smiling to Baekhyun, is actually inspired by this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6eBhpRCVqY

Kyungsoo is sooo sweet when he smile like that to Baekkie. Melting!! :p And so that's all I want to ramble out tonight. So energized now I guess haha.

I'll see you on the next chapter, :D

 

*kisses from Indonesia, fallenenigma*