The Bookstore

A new beginning (monstar)

Kim Nana and I walked side by side as the school day ended. The entire school seem to be interested in the new girl who had no idea about the famous idol. I sighed once again the idol asked  me how I couldn't know him.

"It's not that I didn't know you, it's I didn't know what you look like, I feel that Korea places to must emphasizes on the image and not the music so I focus on the music not the image, the only picture I have seen of you  is the thumb-size one on itunes" I said simply having the same argument for the umpteenth time that day. Nana paused quickly looking out down towards the entrance where a black car sat waiting. I looked up at her already knowing what was going on.

"Where are you headed?" I asked her.

"Anywhere but there" She said softly. I knew this was her way of pleading for me to find an escape route. I grabbed her hand and headed towards a side exit. Seol Chan and Nana's other friends looked at us strangely as we walked quickly away.

"Are you coming tonight" the innocent girl yelled towards us. Nana looked back towards them as I pulled her away. I had found out that Nana was put in a group because of some trouble she had gotten in. The group was to perform for the school at a function and now they were in the process of having preparing for a battle because the All For One (Which is actually a music group and not therapy) decided they wanted to do the show instead. 

"Are you going tonight? Is that why I haven't seen you around lately?" I asked as we walked to the main road through a hole in the fence. She nodded sighing heavily. So the group consisted of Yoon Seol Chan the idol, Min Se-Yi the innocent girl, Sim Sun-Ha the odd girl, Cha Do-nam the mad boy, Park Kyu-Dong the quiet boy, Jung Soo-Woo the spy (According to Seol Chan). 

"They are an interesting group.."I said after a moment of silence. Nana nodded as if she was deep in thought.

"Not a group I would think you would hang out with, but I think they might be good for you" I said simply.

"Why?" She said turning into a coffee shop without questioning me. I rolled my eyes and walked behind her.

"Because they seem like good kids, not to rough around the edges if you know what I mean" I said walking to the counter with you. She order our drinks and paid before I could even pull out my wallet.

"Why do you always do that?" I asked as I took my drink.

"Because you have no money, and my mother gave it to me so I don't care where it goes or about saving it" She said sitting at a table by a window. I sat down next to her looking out at the busy street. 

"So why did they ask you to join All For One?" She asked starting a new conversation. 

"I played the piano for them, it was the only way they would let me in the school and apparently I am so good they want me to join the team. They haven't officially asked yet but I heard them talking about it in the office" I said after taking a sip of my coffee.

"It won't be long, they will probably want you start preparing for events and things they have. If you join, it will look great on your college application" She said to seriously. I laughed at the thought of college. I knew no college in their right mind would accept me.

"I"m being serious, your one of the smartest people I know. Now that your going to a decent school you can apply and probably get anywhere you want to go especially if you keep up your scores" She said looking at me intently. I had never even thought of college let alone applying for them.

"Well you should go meet up with your group, I have some things to do" I said smiling up at her. She nodded and stood up. We walked out together and then separated at the main road. I walked quickly to a hole in the wall book shop that had quickly became my favorite bookstore in all of Seoul. If you didn't look for it, you would walk straight past the entrance. I opened the squeaky door and was instantly greeted by the owner. We had small talk then I ran up to my favorite spot; a seat window on the second floor that looked over the busy street. I walked around the corner and almost bumped into a boy. I was shock to see that someone else had  found my book store.

"I'm so sorry" I said bowing while also picking up my book bag.

"Oh no, it's fine." He said bending down to help me. I looked up to see the pretty brown eyes looking at me. He had slick black hair and a cute face. There was nothing extraordinary about it but he had a charm about him. 

"Wow, your cute" I said without meaning too. I smirked at his shock face. He stood quickly up and took a step back.

"It was just a compliment, not a marriage proposal" I said walking past him to my seat. He eyes followed me as I got comfortable in my spot.

"How did you find this place?" I asked sincerely interested in how he found this place. 

"A friend of mine knows the owner, he said no body ever comes here" He said looking at me strangely. 

"Nobody ever does" I said opening up a book. After a moment, I looked up to see that he was still looking at me. 

"What's your name?" I asked quietly.

"You don't know.."

"Should I? Have we met before?"

"No, I guess not..it's Yook Sungjea..you?"

"Rose, like the flower" I said simply and looking back towards my book. He nodded and eventually grabbed a book and sat on the floor. We sat there for an hour stealing glances of each other. I couldn't help but look at him. I didn't know if it was his style or the way he looked so interesting but I also had a feeling he was bad news, unfortunately I didn't listen to my gut to much.