Rose?

A new beginning (monstar)

Nana and I walked with the group towards the front gate. We didn’t say anything and I could see that the group was still smug about something besides Nana little crush. I waved goodbye to Nana giving an excuse that I had forgotten something in class and had to go back. I ran back and then instead of going towards the school went down a side road I had seen Eun-Ha and Se-yi take on their way home. Before too long I saw them, I yelled and ran quickly up to them. They stopped and turned to face me as I arrived to their side. I was really getting out of shape as I breath heavily trying to get my question out.

“Is everything okay?” They asked as I leaned over to catch my breath.

“Yeah, no that’s what I wanted to ask….How’s the group going? I mean…Nana has been into even if she says she hasn’t…and then it seems something went down recently…and yeah is everything okay?” I said finally catching my breath. Se-yi seemed to be taken by surprise but Eun-ha answered.

“Well, Seol-chan is upset because Nana hasn’t been coming so it’s been bringing the group down” She said slowly as if not to upset me. Se-Yi took a step back looking at Eun-Ha like she had lost her mind but didn’t want to tell her.

“Really? That’s it?” I said standing up straight looking at Se-Yi.

“Of course…well that’s the only thing I can think of…” Eun-ha said while following my gaze to Se-Yi.

“Yo…Rose is that you?” I heard a familiar voice say behind me.

“Oh …” I said turning quickly around to see four gangsters walking towards us. I turned back to the girls who were looking slightly scare.

“Don’t question me, but run..Now!” I said pushing them towards the opposite direction of the gangsters. They hesitated but then quickly ran away. I sighed thankful they wouldn’t see this. I stood straighter as my image quickly changed from a normal girl to the gangster they were waiting for.

“Hello boys” I said slowly as a small smirk formed on my face. They didn’t respond just attack; for every hit I received I gave out four more. I jumped and kicked one in the face while one grabbed me from behind. I felt my blood run with adrenaline as the fight continued. I could feel the pain forming on my mouth and rib but was able to ignore it through the fight. It seemed to go on for twenty minutes but I knew it had only lasted about five. Once they were all on the ground, I quickly ran away. I didn’t want to wait for anymore to arrive. I went to the one place I always felt comfortable at; the bookstore. I ran into the front door quickly thankful that the owner wasn’t where she usually was. I ran up to the second floor bathroom.

“Rose?” I heard my name being called for the second time that day. I didn’t turn to face it this time though. I didn’t want him to see me like this.

“SungJea…what are you doing here?” I asked in an almost joking way. I moved slowly towards the bathroom door it was only a few feet away.

“umm… I came to read of course…what else do you do at a bookstore?” He stuttered out slowly.

“Of course…give me a second” I said as my hand was on the door handle. He came to stand beside me and looked down at my face. I tried to hide the bruises that I could feel growing there.

“Go seat down, I’ll get some water and a rag” He said opening the door himself and walking into the bathroom. I stood for a second not really sure if I should allow him to or not. I went to my spot and sat down bringing my knees to my face. I had never felt ashamed of my fighting or my way of life until recently. I didn’t want him to see me like this and I wasn’t exactly sure why. We had only met twice both times barely having a conversation. I lowered my legs as my rib started hurting too much to stand. He arrived moments later with a cup of water and a small rag.

“It’s all I could find” He said dipping the rag in the water.

“There is a first aid kit underneath the sink behind the towels and stuff…the owner put it back there a while back for me” I said simply still not looking at him. He instantly stood up and handed me the rag before he walked back into the bathroom. I pressed the rag to my face trying to find the blood without a mirror. I looked out the window when he arrived again with the first aid kit.

“What happen?” He said touching my face gently. I looked down to the small cup of water which was quickly turning pink from the blood.

“I fell” I said softly still not able to make eye contact.

“mmm…so you feel like four times?” He said softly cleaning my face.

“well…the roads are really bumpy and I can be clumsy at time” I said while he turned my face so that he could reach the other side.

“Okay…if that’s what you want to tell me…I won’t push you” He said once again softly. His voice was intoxicating. I finally stole a glance of him. He was staring intently at my mouth rubbing the wound clean and then applying a cream. I move back slightly as the stinging sensation started.

“Sorry” He said and then started blowing gently to cool the sensation. I noticed that his lips were only inches away from mine. My heart started beating fast as I thought of what he would do if I leaned in and kissed him. I pushed him away softly before I wasn’t able to control myself.

“It’s fine” I said smiling slightly at him. He nodded and started packing up the first aid kit. I turned to watch him walk towards the bathroom to put the kit up. I crossed my arms not really sure how to turn this awkward moment around.

“Can I ask you a question?” I asked loudly. He poked his head out of the bathroom and nodded kind of looking surprised.

“Sure anything” He said slowly walking back towards me. Instead of sitting next to me though he sat on the floor where he usually sat.

“You seem nice, do you have a lot of friends? My friends are usually very open, like we don’t hide things and one of my friends is starting to hang out with this group…” I continued to tell him the story of Nana and her friends. I don’t know why I opened up to him but I just didn’t want him to leave yet and I wasn’t exactly sure what to do. I truly felt these friends would be good for Nana and I didn’t want her to lose them because of how she is.

“Did you just say Yoon Seol Chan?” He asked when I finally stopped talking.

“That’s what you go out of it? Really?” I asked leaning back. I had actually thought it was listening but nope it was just because of the idol.

“Of course not, but is it THE Yoon Seol Chan…of Men In Black?” He asked looking at me intently.

“Oh God, are you some big fan? Look I don’t know him like that so I can’t…”

“No..no..not at all…What I’m trying to say is…you know of Men In Black?” He said raising an eyebrow