confess or be silent

A new beginning (monstar)

Se-Yi turned around for a second but I nodded my head for her to go ahead. She was hesitant but finally started back to the classroom. I stood up and walked over towards where Seol-Chan stood. He looked at me shoving his hands in his pockets.

“What’s up?” He asked in a nonchalant way.

“She’s a nice girl so stop toying with her” I said seriously. He psft at me and asked what I was talking about.

“She told me everything, so stop toying with her” I said in the same tone.

“What if I’m not toying with her?” He said looking up to the sky.

“Almost kissing her, then telling her it’s a joke is toying with her” I said simply. After a moment of silence, I started walking towards the class.

“What if I like her, what if it wasn’t a joke?” He said to my back. I turned slowly to face him.

“Then tell her that” I took a step closer to him “And if you can’t because you’re an idol or whatever…then hide it”  as I finished a shadow went over his face. I had hit a nerve and I really didn’t mean too.

“Whatever you do Seol-Chan, just stick to your decision...confess or be silent forever” I said walking backwards away  from him. I turned around finally walking back to the classroom. The class ended and I left Nana and the group early promising to meet up with them around seven after we all were through with our errands. I ran straight to the bookstore where SungJae said he was waiting for me. I ran up the stairs and he was sitting on the floor where he always sat.

“You know, you can sit in the window seat when I’m not here?” I said jokingly towards him. He smiled up at me and nodded.

“How was your day?” He asked lowering his book he had been reading.

“Well, It was good, you’ve heard about most of it through the text message” I said sitting on the window seat and looking down towards the busy street.

“So did you really say that to Seol-Chan? I would’ve loved to have seen his face” SungJae said laughing more to himself than to me.

“Yeah…I knew it, you are a fan” I said pointing an accusing finger at him.

“Something like that” He said looking down to his hands. He seemed to have gotten lost in thought so I moved down to the floor so we were at eye-level.

“What’s up?” I said looking at him.

“Can I ask you something, and you answer seriously?” He said looking up from his hands. I nodded and waited for the question.

“Would you…ever date an idol?”He said slowly waiting for my reaction.

“Why do you want to know that? Are you jealous of Seol-Chan, I told you he likes the other girl” I said smiling up at him. Was he jealous? I smiled at the thought.

“No, I’m just curious…I know Seol-Chan likes the other girl” He said with a serious tone. I sighed and thought about the question. Would I date an Idol? From what I have heard, it’s not exactly fun…

“I don’t think so, I’m not big on secrets and when I get upset and storm out I would want to know that he could follow me freely so we can make up” I said answering as honest as I could. He seemed to be thinking over my answer thoroughly.

“What if it wasn’t a secret?” He asked slowly.

“Well wouldn’t that be too selfish of me? I mean it would have side effects on his career and if I really like him I wouldn’t want to be the cause of that…so I think it would be best to just be friends” I said slowly looking down at the floor.

“Have you dated an idol?” He said raising an eyebrow at me.

“Well…kind of…there was this guy and we were really in love I think…we were kind of young…but he wanted to get out of our neighborhood…wanted to make a better life for his family so he audition and he got it. He wanted us to stay together even if it meant announcing it to the world but I wasn’t ready for that and he was just getting successful so I didn’t want to ruin any of it plus he really wasn’t himself.” I said as memories flooded me. I smiled at the lost love.

“Is that why you’re so against image?” He asked slowly.

“Yeah, the guy that came on the T.V was not who he was in real life…when I saw that I realized that most likely all the images are probably fake and so I stopped paying attention to it” I said looking up towards him. He nodded slowly still seem to be thinking about what I had said. He looked up and sighed deeply. He stood up and walked to the bathroom but he didn’t shut the door just went under the sink.

“What are you doing?” I asked turning to face him in the bathroom.

“Getting ointment for your face, to help it heal faster” He said pulling out the first aid kit.

“I could’ve done that” I said smiling on the inside. He walked back and sat down in front of me.

“It’s not a problem” He said pulling out the ointment. He softly applied the medication to my face. I was feeling myself falling for him with every touch of the skin. No one had ever been so nice to me without wanting something in return. I was hoping he didn’t except maybe for me to like him and if that was the case, I was okay with that. Once he was finished, he walked to the bathroom to put the first aid kit. That’s when his phone rang; he quickly answered it. He didn’t say anything besides yes and no.

“I’ll be right there” He said lastly and then hung up.

“I’m sorry but I have to go” He said quickly grabbing his jacket lying on the floor. I stood up quickly. I hadn’t ever realize just how tall he was until that moment.

“Wow..I mean no it’s fine. I need to go too” I said quickly smiling up towards him. He stood there for a moment not exactly sure how to say bye.

“Be safe, bye” I said as he took a step back towards the door. He smiled and waved bye then ran out the door. I looked at the time and realized I really did have to go. I grabbed my book bag and also ran out the front door. I looked over just in time to see SungJae enter a black minivan. I watch it drive away before turning heading towards the address the group had given me. I pulled out my phone and called Nana.

“Hey, are you on your way?” I asked Nana when she answered the phone. She said she was and told me where she was.

“Wait for me, I’m just around the corner” I said picking up my pace. Within a few minutes, I saw her standing on the sidewalk with a bored look on her face. I ran up to her and grabbed her arm. She looked at me like I was crazy.

“Why?” She said as we started walking towards the address.

“Why am I in such a good mood? Because I have been hanging out with the sweetest guy ever…he even put ointment on my face” I said smiling up towards her. She rolled her eyes but smirked all the same. It only took a minute for us to get there. We walked in to see we were the last ones there. Se-Yi and Eun-Ha were having a laughing match while Seol-Chan and Sun-Woo were discussing the music. Do-nam and Kyu-Dong sat at opposite ends.

“Hey everyone” I said as we walked into the room. Everyone mumbles hey as I sat down on in a chair in the corner of the room.

“So where should we start?” Seol-Chan asked the group without seeming to really want an answer.

“Why don’t you guys show me what you got so far?” I said answering anyways. Everyone agreed happily, for the most part anyways. They got into positions and started. It was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. Everyone had their part and for the most part they worked well together. When they were done, I quickly applauded.

“That was a lot better than I thought it was going to be” I said smiling widely. They seemed please by the compliment. The rest of the evening they practice, I gave some pointers on what looked strange or what would sound better from an outside perspective. I was happy to see no fighting or arguments happening. Se-Yi and Seol-Chan both seem to be in a better mood.

“You should defiantly come more often” Eun-Ha said as we were walking out of the apartment. I laughed at her comment.

“Why’s that?” I asked wrapping my arm around Nana who once again seems uninterested in the conversation.

“No one fought, and everything went smoothly” She said grabbing my free arm “Say you will come every time, please please” Soon Se-Yi even joined in. I laughed while Nana looked irritated.

“I’ll come, I’ll come, aish calm down” I said laughing. They instantly stopped and started walking as if nothing had happen which caused me to laugh harder.