eighteen; communication is the key

This Ain't Magic, This is Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Sweet rice cake, everyone?" Rina beamed as she fished out her home-made food at the table. It was lunch time and it was a great timing for the Infinite members to join her in. But then again, there's this one member who were such a spoilsport. Rina tried to catch his eyes but he was too good to ignore her looks at him. Damn it. It's making her more and more desperate to talk to him. Communication is the key, you know.

But then how on earth will she corner him and force him to talk to her?

It was like dragging a pig into a slaughterhouse. Heck. It's now or never.

Throughout the lunch, Rina was just silent while eyeing Dongwoo from the corner of her eyes. He was silent too, just like her. She really wanted to throw a bowl aiming at his head. He really did a good job in avoiding her eyes.

Damn it.

Rina found herself gripping her chopsticks more than she should have, until Sungyeol laughed at her. "Are you okay, noona? You're gripping your chopsticks tight. You look like you are ready to kill someone."

Rina laughed, but she was actually gritting her teeth. "Yes, you're right Sungyeol-shi. I really want to slice someone's throat." She said and Sungjong choked on his drink. She beamed at the youngest guy in the room.

"You are so funny, noona." Sungjong muttered as he cast a nervous glance at Dongwoo. But then the annoying guy still wouldn't care less and Rina found herself flaming her nose in response. Blood boiling within her, she continued eating. She decided to just talk to him after lunch. Yes. She will find a way to talk to him.

"Hmm, this is really good Rina noona." L commented, looking pleased from what he just shoved in his mouth. Hoya and Sungyeol nodded their heads as if they agreed with L.

Somehow, Rina smiled from all the compliments. At least, some people were being grateful. Unlike that one person around the corner who just like to keep quiet and be alone.

How I wish you will choke on your food, she thought fumingly. Seconds later, Dongwoo coughed as he was hitting his chest with his fist. He choked! Rina laughed, but close when the members looked at her like she'd gone crazy. Sungjong came to bring a glass of water to Dongwoo.

"You okay?" Sunggyu asked him.

"Yeah." He replied after drinking water. She looked at him, the same moment he looked at her. Their gazes met and Rina's heart jumped in . Dongwoo, as well, flinched as if he didn't expect that. Rina's lips slowly stretched into a smile, hoping he would smile back. But it didn't happen. Instead, he awkwardly leaned back a bit and stood up.

Okay. That was not the reaction she was hoping.

He headed for the door and she found herself standing up to catch him. "Dongwoo-ah." She called him as she followed him out. He turned and momentarily stunned but then he immediately moved away. "Dongwoo, wait!" She hurried and caught his arm.

"What?" He said, his tone was a bit cold.

"A-Are you mad at me?" She asked, her eyes looking straight at him. "You've changed. You're no longer the same Dongwoo I've met. What happened?"

"Noth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter